Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What image from TV is etched in your memory forever?

The Evil Genius

When 9/11 happened, i was in dc and our principal was going from room to room making sure tvs were off.

My history teacher clearly got into argument with him because when she came back in class was talkin about how she didn't care, how this was history, and turned tv back on.

Thats when they first started showing people jumping out the world trade center towers.

I'll never forget that, was 13 at the time, but still glad she did that.

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yea, I mean, uh, he wasn’t wrong about everything!

He was unfortunately right about a number of things. His criticisms of the US policies in the Middle East were certainly valid.

Uninterestingly enough I was living in Greeley Colorado back in the 2000s. The decadence of 1950s Greeley was where Sayyid Qutb the "Father of Salafi jihadism" really began to despise America n the way of life here. He was incredibly influential on OBL mentor Dr Zawahiri. 

Bizarre that conservative 1950s America wasn't conservative enough for those crazy fundamentalist assholes. Like apparently even the watering of lawns n washing of cars was just as decadent as Jazz Music to these ****s. 🤣

• Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

He was unfortunately right about a number of things. His criticisms of the US policies in the Middle East were certainly valid.

Uninterestingly enough I was living in Greeley Colorado back in the 2000s. The decadence of 1950s Greeley was where Sayyid Qutb the "Father of Salafi jihadism" really began to despise America n the way of life here. He was incredibly influential on OBL mentor Dr Zawahiri. 

Bizarre that conservative 1950s America wasn't conservative enough for those crazy fundamentalist assholes. Like apparently even the watering of lawns n washing of cars was just as decadent as Jazz Music to these ****s. 🤣

And here I was just ****posting….

• Haha 1

Tom Snyder was a late late night host of "Tomorrow with Tom Snyder". Sort of pompous, smoked a cigarette and grilled his guests.

He had the first interview with Charles Manson in prison maybe ten yrs after the murders.
I stayed up, and it was fascinating.If i recall right, at one point Snyder, who's cigarette ash is about 2 inches long because he hasn't moved, straight asks Manson if he felt responsible for the killings.
CHarlie told a story about seeing a turtle when he was a kid and how he flipped it over and smashed it's shell or something, then he shut up.
Snyder, who's ash was about down to the filter said "wbut what about those people".
Charlie got irritated and said "I done TOLDYA i killed SOMETHING!".
Freaky as all hell to me at 16 at 2AM.
Here's the interview

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I was amused to see this thread. I have a good friend down the street that is a bit older than I am, and grew up downstate when it was more rural and he did not "grow up with TV", not the way I did, definitely not the way most of y'all did, and I trip over that regularly when talking with him and I think about this a lot. We do not share that context, things where I might reference a TV show or movie or music, he didn't do that and doesn't "get" it. He's smart, he understands but he doesn't feel it, not the way I do, and not the way that others who came after me do. Even here my context is older than most and is different, not better, just different. I saw the title of this thread and could actually feel neurons sparking in my head, oh hell yeah there are several, and the ones that I had the most visceral reaction to were in black and white. The one I posted above, I remember JFK's funeral and I would have only been like 5? In kindergarten. Strange the things you happen across during the day that pluck your magic twanger

• Sad 1

X-Men, saturday mornings. Everything about it felt epic and seeing the intro meant I was going to get some quality drama (even for a cartoon). Intros always leave a strong impression on me...I rank this as my top five with X-Files, Unsolved Mysteries, Night Court, and The Equalizer.