Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gun Related News/Control

Cooked Crack

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

well if they take that turn and are successful I’ll be curious if that means vests become required by schools. I’m ok with the idea as a concept but I understand the cost and I’m wondering what that does to the learning environment. But at least that’s an argument. 

so far the only allegation is that his behavior should have triggered them to … do something to prevent the shooting, I’m not aware what actions she’s claiming they should have done. 

the schools lawyers saying this is a workplace injury situation

and the president of the union declaring it’s absurd because they’re not a police department or an army

working with those three points, unless there’s something I’m missing about the allegation and responses, what’s the argument it’s not a workplace injury?

I’ve outlined why, given what we know, the argument makes some sense. So what’s the argument, given what we know, that it doesn’t?

I mean there is all this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teacher-shot-6-year-old-texted-dire-warning-loved-one-was-wounded-sour-rcna67290

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Hah ok I forgot that. Yeah this is the one where they couldn’t find the gun after searching him etc. sorry got our shooting incidents mixed up. 

yeah I’m totally open to the idea they ****ed that up. 

But if they followed everything by the book, and searched appropriately, and couldn’t find it, I don’t think that makes them liable. 

that would seem like workplace hazard 

Edited by tshile

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

A successful argument that ppe should have been provided would certainly be interesting. 

I don’t believe she’s arguing that, at all, but I’m not following it all closely enough to know for sure. The article didn’t point it out. And I don’t believe the one it linked to about filing the suite mentioned it either. 

so I think your idea is interesting but I don’t think it’s part of what we know, and is just you making up a random arguement. I give it as much sway as “maybe the locks were broken and they knew it for 6 months and didn’t fix them” - yeah that’s real negligence but I don’t believe anyone’s accusing them of that so… 

It is me just making up an argument.  I thought I made it clear at the beginning I was only really addressing the argument abstraction I understood you to be making with very little knowledge of the details of the case in question.  Apologies if that got lost along the way.

I do, however, think that if were going to be telling teachers that bullets are standard part of their workplace hazard, they need to be compensated properly and more well physically prepared.

By the by, I recall you relating some personal losses and tribulations earlier this year, and saw you posted very little for a while.  I hope all is well with you and yours (as well as it can be at any rate).

• Thanks 1

Police: St. Paul student pistol whipped another student, may have accidentally shot himself

A St. Paul high school student pistol whipped another student at school and may have accidentally shot himself after leaving, according to police.

It happened at Gateway to College, a St. Paul public school for students to finish their high school diploma while earning college credits. Classes are held at St. Paul College on Marshall Avenue.

Officers were called just before noon Tuesday and surveillance video showed two students talking in the school’s entryway when one “all of a sudden pulled out a handgun and began to strike the victim multiple times in the head,” said Sgt. Mike Ernster, a police spokesman.

A magazine fell from the gun and the 16-year-old suspect retrieved it from the ground, put it back in the gun, concealed the weapon and walked out of the building, Ernster said.

The 18-year-old victim followed the suspect outside, but stopped when security arrived. He didn’t have visible injuries, according to Ernster.

The suspect walked across Marshall Avenue. A security officer saw him across the street and heard what he thought was a gunshot.

“The suspect then walked away with a different stride as if limping” and it’s possible he accidentally shot himself, Ernster said. He had not been found as of Wednesday morning and police said they’re investigating.

Click on the link for the full article

The workplace argument is weak, I had a WC case that was of a similar vein. The workplace said my injury was an assault and use two other cases where a woman was raped and another was murdered. Anyways, I won. Lawyers will argue anything if they don't have a defense.

Seriously, if this doesn't make teachers strike, I don't know what will.

So taking this situation to another level, is a cashier who gets shot going to be considered a worker's comp case situation. Tshile, I get your understanding of making the case. I can see the shades of gray, but extrapolating it to other areas of work sets a dangerous precedent. I understand where the school is coming from, but damn own up to screwing up the situation and don't put your employee through hell. 

Imagine a us president threatening massive reform and actually going through with it. Other countries have gun violence and immediately crack down. But not the us... 

8 killed in Serbia's second mass shooting in two days https://www.cbsnews.com/news/serbia-shooting-mladenovac-drive-by/

Belgrade, Serbia — A gunman apparently shooting at random killed eight people and wounded 14 in three Serbian villages, authorities said, shaking a nation still in the throes of grief over a mass shooting a day earlier. Police arrested a suspect Friday after an all-night manhunt.

Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic called Thursday's shooting an attack on the whole nation - and said the person arrested wore a T-shirt with a pro-Nazi slogan on it.

Vucic vowed to the nation in an address that the suspect "will never again see the light of the day." He referred to the attack as an act of terror and announced a new raft of gun-control measures, including a moratorium on new permits for firearms, as well as an increase in the number of police.

well yeah but that president threatened serious gun reform

the 2nd amendment sucks ass. is stopping us from banning guns or making it harder to get one. apparently getting a gun is an inalienable right and not a priviledge that can be taken away if people misbehave 

33 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I have friends that have bought guns recently that are anti-gun. Their reasoning is “I’m not going to be the last idiot in this country to own one.”

That was pretty much my rationale a few years back. Finding 00 buckshot during the fall of 2020 was actually more difficult than buying the gun itself. Local stores only had birdshot in stock.

• Like 1