Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gun Related News/Control

Cooked Crack

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

OMG, that's absolutely awful.  I'm shocked that he survived, but he probably won't have much of a life left. 

Fry the ones who fired.  Holy ****. 

He's fine actually I am not sure when this happened but I know it's making the rounds recently.

I saw him talking in a press conference with his mom and he was perfectly fine.

49 minutes ago, purbeast said:

He's fine actually I am not sure when this happened but I know it's making the rounds recently.

I saw him talking in a press conference with his mom and he was perfectly fine.

I question that assessment.  I find it hard to believe he has no physical issues after being shot 9 times, including 3 times in the head, let alone the mental trauma being shot that many times must cause.

12 minutes ago, China said:

I question that assessment.  I find it hard to believe he has no physical issues after being shot 9 times, including 3 times in the head, let alone the mental trauma being shot that many times must cause.

I am talking strictly physical like he was standing at the podium speaking normally.

EDIT:

Yeah the shooting happened May 2021 so it was 2 years ago.  That is a lot of time to recover.  

Here is the video I saw.  He speaks at the end of it.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/local/man-shot-by-deputies-sues-york-county-sheriffs-office-south-carolina-trevor-mullinax-rock-hill-police-shoot-man/275-5611f727-e131-4b27-a30f-8702a8426448

Edited by purbeast

Please don’t use guns to fish, Kansas officials warn

Officials from the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks came across a fishy situation last Friday after finding a firearm allegedly being used to fish.

A Finney County Game Warden seized a 9 mm handgun “that was being used to take fish in Garden City,” Kansas game wardens said in a Facebook post May 5.

The wardens said that written violations were issued for “illegal means of take of fish” and “no fishing license.” They also reminded Kansans that “firearms are not a legal means to take fish.”

In addition to being illegal, using guns to shoot fish can be dangerous, according to the game wardens. They wrote that “shooting at a body of water can be a dangerous activity because bullets can ricochet off the surface of the water.”

Click on the link for the full article

Mom helping daughter get ready for prom killed in crossfire of shootout, police and family say

A Dallas woman helping her daughter get ready for prom was killed Saturday when she got caught in the crossfire of a shootout between two vehicles, police and her family said.

The shooting Saturday, one day before Mother's Day, unfolded around 4 p.m. in the 2100 block of North Masters Drive, Dallas police said.

People in two vehicles were shooting at each other as they drove eastbound on Bruton Road, and four people were shot: Ana Moreno, 39, was killed, and three male victims were hospitalized in critical condition, authorities said.

Police, who described Moreno as a bystander, said "a bullet entered Moreno’s vehicle and hit her causing her death."

Moreno was driving with her daughter Amy, a senior in high school, to get her hair done and pick up her prom dress, Moreno's family said.

The family learned the stark news when Amy texted the family group chat, Michelle Rodriguez, the youngest of Moreno’s three children, told NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

“All she heard was gunshots, and she said my mom made a signal like she couldn’t breathe, and then she leaned on Amy’s shoulder, and that’s when they crashed, and that’s when Amy said she called the ambulance,” Michelle Rodriguez told the station.

She said her mother was looking forward to celebrating the milestone with her daughter. “She was like, ‘Oh, we finally get to see her get ready,’ and she didn’t even get to see it happen,” Michelle Rodriguez said.

I like how Texas is being pounded in the media, keep it up. However, the majority of Texas asked for this...

Edited by Simmsy
  • Like 1

Minneapolis school employee charged after student finds bag with loaded guns

A Minneapolis elementary school staff member faces felony charges after a student discovered two loaded firearms in the school. 

Hennepin County prosecutors charged Derrick Lee Lind, 20, with possession of a dangerous weapon on school property, negligent storage of loaded firearms, and carrying a firearm in a public place without a permit. 

According to court records, Minneapolis police officers responded to a call on April 23 at Loring Elementary School after a student found a bag left on a table with two guns inside. Authorities said one of the handguns was reportedly stolen, and the other had an auto sear switch attached to it. Both guns were loaded with a round in the chamber. 

Investigators looked at the school’s surveillance videos, which showed Lind getting out of his car with a black bag that matched the one left inside the school. He was seen walking around the school with the bag around his shoulder. He was not near the bag when the student found it, according to the charges.

Lind allegedly acknowledged to a staff member that the bag was his, and he didn’t want to leave it in the car because it didn’t lock. The staff member told Lind he needed to leave since he wasn’t allowed to bring guns into the school, and he became upset and "trashed the room" before exiting the school.

1-year-old boy will be OK after he was accidentally shot by 4-year-old brother, HCSO deputies say

A 1-year-old boy is expected to be OK after authorities said he was unintentionally shot by his 4-year-old brother.

At about 4 p.m. Tuesday, Harris County sheriff's deputies responded to a weapon disturbance call in the 17100 block of Sunshine Street after reports that the preschooler allegedly shot his sibling.

The children's father told Eyewitness News that the 4-year-old likes to play with toy guns and likely did not realize he found a real one that could hurt his brother. The father did not want to appear on camera but was visibly angry that an adult left a loaded gun out around his children.

Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said the toddler was immediately taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

A 7-year-old girl was also inside the home at the time of the shooting, but she was not injured.

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-childr

So a couple things pop in my mind.

1. This incident was clearly caused by Pepa Pig and it's woke agenda causing severe mental problems in four year olds.

2. I bet I could sell sperm to MAGA idiots if I told them I managed to isolate a peptide in my shamaframmilipidus that enables my sperm to insure the baby develops his first gun in utero. Not only will it prevent senseless shootings by mentally unstable 4 yr olds that are murderously twisted by Pepa Pig and Joe Biden, but it will allow the fetus to protect itself in case of abortion attempts.

~Bang

• Haha 2

16 guns stolen from parked truck

The Denver Police Department said 16 guns were recently stolen out of a pickup truck parked in front of a hotel.

According to DPD, the firearms were wrapped with graphics advertising “We Buy Guns” and have not been recovered. The thief only had to break a window to get into the truck and grab the guns. An investigation is still underway to locate a suspect and the stolen weapons.

DPD said 261 firearms have been reported stolen from cars during Jan. 1 through May 11, which is 16 more than the 245 reported in the same time frame last year.

The department is reminding gun owners to safely lock and store their weapons properly or not leave them in the car at all to avoid these kinds of thefts. A total of 768 firearms were stolen out of cars in 2022.

You'd think that a gun dealer would know how to responsibly store firearms.  Too many dumbasses with guns.

11 hours ago, tshile said:

I have houses I won’t bring my kids to because I know there are guns stored unsafely. 

I worry about the houses I bring them to that are the same, I just don’t know it. 

When my girls were young, and were invited to a play date, I would call the parents, and ask if they had firearms in the home. I, begrudgingly, kept them from a few.

11 hours ago, tshile said:

I have houses I won’t bring my kids to because I know there are guns stored unsafely. 

I worry about the houses I bring them to that are the same, I just don’t know it. 

Yeah.  For some time, I have wanted laws that mandated safe storage of guns.  For lots of reasons.  Cutting down on the "person finds gun lying around".  Cutting down on "person steals 23 guns that weren't secured".  

The version I've got says that any household that has five guns or more, has to have a gun safe, properly installed (insert appropriate standards here).  And that at any time, no more than three guns can be outside the safe.  

My reasoning is that I don't want to put an unreasonable burden on the people who want one gun, for home defense.  But I figure that if you can't afford a gun safe, then you don't need five guns.  

But.  The only way I can think of, to enforce such a law, is random unannounced gun safety inspections.  Which I kinda have a problem with, on personal privacy grounds.  

Edited by Larry
  • Thumb up 2

New Jersey has (or had, don't know if it's changed) a law that says that if a smart gun is sold ANYWHERE in the US, then ALL New Jersey gun stores may ONLY sell smart guns. It's poison pill legislation by the NRA, and a few years ago it stopped a MD gun dealer from selling guns that required the user's fingerprint to fire. No locks, no devices to take apart,  no safes to open in case the bad guy is in the house,, just the right fingerprint on the trigger. (Or palm, not sure which. It was only able to fire with the correct person's hand on it.)

The MD dealer finally decided to not sell the smart guns because he was getting death threats from all the responsible gun owners. Google it, here's a Post article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/maryland-dealer-will-defy-gun-rights-advocates-by-selling-nations-first-smart-gun/2014/05/01/564efa48-d14d-11e3-937f-d3026234b51c_story.html

You can't even get them to agree to something that will not only stop their kids from accidentally killing each other, but will prevent a criminal from either shooting you with your own gun or preventing him from shooting it in another crime. And in fact if you even TRY to do that just for yourself, because you know, freedom and all, they will threaten your life.

It is utterly insane.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

I like the smart gun in theory

as a CS major with 15+ years in IT/programming and currently an IT Director, I have zero faith that can be done without lots of hiccups. 

Rolling out and requiring smart guns would be at the bottom of my list of ideas 

however, to be fair, as I’ve said before about other ideas near the bottom of my list, in absence of better ideas I would support it.  (Like arming teachers, as I’ve argued in the past)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Arming teachers is nothing more than an admission that we won't even try to solve the problem itself. 

I liked the meme:  

Giving teachers guns isn't the solution.  
You don't even trust us to pick out library books.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I like the smart gun in theory

as a CS major with 15+ years in IT/programming and currently an IT Director, I have zero faith that can be done without lots of hiccups. 

Rolling out and requiring smart guns would be at the bottom of my list of ideas 

however, to be fair, as I’ve said before about other ideas near the bottom of my list, in absence of better ideas I would support it.  (Like arming teachers, as I’ve argued in the past)

Yeah.  I like the idea of a magical device that poses zero time delay to the owner, and cannot be defeated by anybody else.  

Don't believe for a moment that either of those goals can be met.  

How long does it take to unlock your smart phone?  Do you want your home defense weapon to take as long?