Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at San Fran ~ A Christmas Reunion TV Special

TK
Message added by TK,

1161584152_ScreenShot2022-12-24at7_15_39PM.thumb.png.c507ff54669775b2ee2dcf7ea6ba4646.png

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Folks aren't talking about the context of they game enough.

Eagles trying to replicate their super bowl success with a dominant team around a QB who doesn't get in the way.

Been leading NFC all year, now their QB is hurt on road with only other NFC team in their house, a team built around the traditional franchise guy and ridiculous QB contract.

Eagles win that game, I don't know if it works against the AFC, but it means the Eagles team building strategy can work in NFC.  And that brings into question how much resources we actually should put at QB.

Its a difference in quality between the Eagles and Cowboys rosters.

When the Eagles played the Cowboys backup QB with their starter, they won in a rout.

They go on the road with a backup against the Cowboys starter, they have a good shot at winning.

Eagles are just on a different level than the rest of the league.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Folks aren't talking about the context of they game enough.

Eagles trying to replicate their super bowl success with a dominant team around a QB who doesn't get in the way.

Been leading NFC all year, now their QB is hurt on road with only other NFC team in their house, a team built around the traditional franchise guy and ridiculous QB contract.

Eagles win that game, I don't know if it works against the AFC, but it means the Eagles team building strategy can work in NFC.  And that brings into question how much resources we actually should put at QB.

I’ve seen a lot people take the eagles this week. I still think Hurts is overrated. Good but I don’t think he is the MVP. Or anywhere close to playing an MVP level. 

Just now, Destino said:

For fun, look up what Minshew career rating is.  it’s weird that people assume he’s garbage.  not saying he’s a starter but the eagles have a very good back up.

Don’t be surprised if he’s a guy who’s name comes up to be a Commander next year. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, dc1 said:

I cant give Ron that credit. 

I don't mind the change but the last two turnovers were without question the result of: 

1.  A completely collapsed line
  2. A miscommunication with BROB. 

As stated early, TH4 is/was a stop gap. His benching is this an sacrifice for the very poor coaching performance. 

** Very great touch and throw from CW to Dotson! 

TH4 showed again that he has zero awareness and cannot identify presnap or feel pressure ever and gets loosey goosey with the football in no man’s land for the 3rd week in a row.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Its a difference in quality between the Eagles and Cowboys rosters.

When the Eagles played the Cowboys backup QB with their starter, they won in a rout.

They go on the road with a backup against the Cowboys starter, they have a good shot at winning.

Eagles are just on a different level than the rest of the league.

Which begs the question on the need for a legit elite franchise QB when you can do that on the road with a backup.

Dallas is no slouch, something is clearly happening here, jus hate Eagles figured it out first and have a clear headstart on everyone else.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Almost like you should take the points early in the game.  Kick the FG from the 1 and you dont need this stupid onside kick.  When the league has gone out of its way to make it harder to execute 

Always always always take the early points.  No one has ever reached the last 5 minutes of a game regretting they took the points early.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’ve seen a lot people take the eagles this week. I still think Hurts is overrated. Good but I don’t think he is the MVP. Or anywhere close to playing an MVP level. 

Totally agree, and amazing thing to me is I don't think he needs to be or it matters the rest of that team is that good.

It's kinda good news bad news because the direction QB contracts were heading and high concentration above average to elite ones in only one conference.