Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Giants ~ DJ Meets Moxie Maker: Part Deux - Paloffs Is NOW!!!

zCommander

Even though it isn't but I would like this to be a must win game. This will push the Giants further down the totem pole and us up and a sure bet to get into the playoffs. 

The Giants got their asses kicked by the Eagles so they are highly upset and hungry for a win to keep up in the playoff race. 

We were left to dead with a 1-4 start but now we are in the playoff picture so Ron and team needs to come out swinging on all fronts. This game will have the atmosphere of home playoff game. Pack the stadium and make them all blues go home crying!

Commanders: 23

Gnots: 16

Edited by zCommander

16 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Even though it isn't but I would like this to be a must win game. This will push the Giants further down the totem pole and us up and a sure bet to get into the playoffs. 

The Giants got their asses kicked by the Eagles so they are highly upset and hungry for a win to keep up in the playoff race. 

We were left to dead with a 1-4 start but now we are in the playoff picture so Ron and team needs to come out swinging on all fronts. This game will have the atmosphere of home playoff game. Pack the stadium and make them all blues go home crying!

Commanders: 23

Gnots: 16

I’ll be there, first time in years. I think and hope it will be a good crowd and home field advantage. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

• zCommander changed the title to The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Giants ~ DJ Meets Moxie Maker: Part Deux - Paloffs Are NOW!!!

This is a must win game, got to win it especially after the Giants lost, the table is set and it’s a gotta win. 

With that being said we usually don’t do well in must win games, games off the bye, or rivalry games (at least in the last decade plus) 

Commies: 19

New York Scumbags: 21

• zCommander changed the title to The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Giants ~ DJ Meets Moxie Maker: Part Deux - Paloffs Is NOW!!!

Hopefully the extra time to work on defending the RPO stuff helps, as well as figuring out how to slow (or work around) the Giants pass rush/blitzes.  If BSJ returns, that would be pretty big for us, along with Schweitzer and (hopefully) Turner and/or Cosmi returning to the lineup/bench.  Not super optimistic that our oline gives Heinicke much time though.

• Like 1

I have 4 predictions.  If the Skins run the ball effectively, and can control Daniel Jones, they win 34-10.  If the Skins do not run the ball effectively, but still control Jones, they win 17-10.  If the Skins run the ball effectively, but do not control Jones, they win 34-17.  If they do not run the ball effectively and do not control Daniel Jones, they tie 17-17.

There you have it. 

• Haha 1

I have 4 predictions as well. If the Commanders run the ball effectively, and can control Daniel Jones, they win 74-3.  If the Commanders do not run the ball effectively, but still control Jones, they win 74-3.  If the Commanders run the ball effectively, but do not control Jones, they win 74-3.  If they do not run the ball effectively and do not control Daniel Jones, they win 74-3.

• Haha 13
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This will be a great game. Prime time, baby!

I except RR will run run run until their DL starts to tire. Our OL just can't handle these guys.

Clock management, deep throw here and there. Short passes that could be runs that keep the Giants D honest.

NYG: 21

WSH: 28

• Like 1

Head: Commanders 23, Giants 17

The Commanders will be favored at home and I have to believe they take care of business. We all know what they need to do--run the ball, stay ahead of the down and distance, control the clock and that will equal a W for Washington.

Gut: Giants 17, Commanders 16

Total gut-punch. Sloppy and tight game throughout and the Giants win on a Gano walk-off FG.

Liver: Commanders 20, Giants 20 TIE

Stranger things have happened, right? Well maybe not THIS strange! Nothing would surprise my liver at this point.

I'll go with my Head.

Edited by Wyndorf25
  • Like 3

Giants must prove exactly what they’re made of with season on brink

What better opportunity to after the game get embarrassed on TV in front of everyone and everyone outside of us is, ‘The sky is falling, the sky is falling.’ What better opportunity to come in and go against a division opponent, go to their home and try to come out with a win?” Saquon Barkley said. 

This will be a test of their self-proclaimed resilience, because the Eagles battered and bloodied the Giants from pillar to post, a true mismatch between a heavyweight and a group that resembles a light-heavyweight club fighter. 

“The only thing that matters is what we do now and the time is now,” Jaylon Smith said. “On all levels. Offense, defense, special teams, coaches, all of us — we gotta get this thing right. And that’s something that I look forward to.” 

All is not lost only if you believe all is not lost. 

“When you grow up, as a kid, you want games that are ‘Everything’s on the line.’ So, that’s how we’re treating it,” Julian Love said. 

If it was painful for Giants fans to watch, think of how painful it was for Xavier McKinney (broken fingers) to again watch as he waits for medical clearance. 

“Obviously we don’t want to rush anything. I’m trying my best though. If I could make my own decision, I would been out there the day after surgery,” he said. 

Now we find out, now the Giants find out, what they’re made of. The Little Engine That Could is operating on fumes. 

“We’re going through a rough patch right now,” Barkley said. “We’re not playing well. That’s on us, we gotta play better … if we weren’t talented and we weren’t a good team, we wouldn’t be in this situation and we are. Now we gotta double down, continue to believe in each other.” 

Daniel Jones (18-for-27, 169 yards, 1 TD, 26 yards rushing) again talked about the Giants playing their best game. 

“That hunger and the opportunity that’s in front of us to get to the playoffs and play these meaningful games down the stretch is an awesome opportunity,” Jones said 

They’re blowing the awesome opportunity. 

“You have two choices in life, right?” Kayvon Thibodeaux said. “You either spend more time on the problem or you spend time on the solution. And right now, I think we’re more focused on the solution.” 

A MUST. 

“By any means necessary,” Smith said.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/11/giants-must-now-prove-exactly-what-theyre-made-of/

https://nypost.com/2022/12/12/giants-still-have-playoff-chance-despite-ugly-division-record/

— Tony Jefferson was in for 22 snaps on defense, filling a hybrid/linebacker role. The well-traveled 30-year-old veteran missed time with a foot injury and has not been much of a factor since he was signed to the practice squad on Sept. 1. Jefferson being ahead of Landon Collins in the plans is all anyone needs to know about what this coaching staff thinks of Collins. It was a nice story back in early October when Collins was signed to the practice squad, returning to the franchise that made him a second-round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. Collins was elevated to the roster and played in Weeks 7 and 8, logging 30 snaps on defense in a victory in Jacksonville and a loss in Seattle. He has not been seen since, relegated back to the practice squad. This could be it for Collins, who is only 28 years old but has not come all the way back from Achilles and foot injuries the past two seasons in Washington.

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I have 4 predictions as well. If the Commanders run the ball effectively, and can control Daniel Jones, they win 74-3.  If the Commanders do not run the ball effectively, but still control Jones, they win 74-3.  If the Commanders run the ball effectively, but do not control Jones, they win 74-3.  If they do not run the ball effectively and do not control Daniel Jones, they win 74-3.

Why do I always picture the team lining up for their only field goal?

• Haha 1