Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Giants ~ DJ Meets Moxie Maker: Part Deux - Paloffs Is NOW!!!

zCommander

12 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

38-3…..MAN…….that would make the game a LOT easier to watch with my friend in Florida. Id be able to actually relax!!!! 

Now, back to reality: can you send me the number of your guy?? :P 

I'm him.  I'm the guy. 😂

• Haha 1

I would like to revise my prediction from a few days back. Much has changed since then.

(1) If the redskins contain Daniel Jones, and can run the ball effectively ---  31 - 0 redskins.

(2) If the redskins contain Daniel Jones and cannot run the ball effectively--  10-0 redskins.

(3) if the redskins cannot contain Daniel Jones, but can run the ball effectively--  17- 5 redskins

(4) if the redskins cannot contain Daniel Jones, and cannot run the ball effectively--  7 - 5 redskins.

There you have it.

Also as a bonus:

(5) If the redskins key to victory is containing Daniel Jones, then the key to a clean life is showering between 1 and 3 times per week.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

team keeping metro open for an hour after the game including free rides 

Great move.

Say what you want about Snyder but they really do seem to have some dedicated people in the building that are trying to change things.

The problem is that Snyder is the Commanders gravitational equivalent of a black hole that sucks everything that approaches it's horizon into the abyss.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

Let's not kid ourselves, here. If the Giants have had some lucky wins, then so have we. I actually think we were pretty lucky to come away from that last game with a tie.

I thought the Giants were lucky to get a Tie as well.  we missed a FG that would have been the difference and dont forget we drove the ball to just outside of FG range in OT as well.  Even with all the BS calls to keep those clowns in the game. 

1 hour ago, NeverSurrender said:

I thought the Giants were lucky to get a Tie as well.  we missed a FG that would have been the difference and dont forget we drove the ball to just outside of FG range in OT as well.  Even with all the BS calls to keep those clowns in the game. 

Eh, we both had some luck. We both had some good and bad calls. Our FG was a 52 yarder so that's usually a 50/50 proposition. We also basically tried to hand the game to the Giants with those dropped interceptions on the last drive before OT. IIRC at least one of them, if not both, on that final drive were within FG range so would have basically lost us the game. So we absolutely had some luck there.

All in all it was two unimpressive teams trying to out-unimpress each other and succeeding. 

• Like 1

I think if our interior OL didn't suffer injuries mid game we'd have been fine. There were also some really bogus penalties/no calls that effed us. At the end we were lucky to escape with a tie but we were definitely the better side all things considered. 

We should win by at least two scores Sunday night unless a bunch of weird stuff happens.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/15/lawrence-taylors-message-to-giants-d-show-me-some-nuts/

Lawrence Taylor’s message to Giants ‘D’ before huge Commanders clash: ‘Show me some nuts!’

In the course of the game there’s only seven-10 plays that make a difference,” Taylor said. “And you sit there and say, ‘Somebody gotta do something, they’re kicking our ass’ and s–t like that. You know what? The person that stands up and says, ‘Hey, OK, I’ll volunteer. I’ll do it,’ those are the guys to make it happen. Those are the guys that’s going to have notoriety in the league and stuff because when there’s a play to be made, they don’t designate it to somebody else. They do it themselves.

“I wanted to be that person to make the play, so that’s what I’m gonna do. And if I made the play, all the spoils come to me. Seize the opportunity to show what you are all about. Do or die, who’s gonna stand up and make the play?”

LT loved playing against Washington because his father rooted for them and because it was always a violent slugfest with John Riggins and the Hogs.

“They’re gonna run it, they’re gonna throw it, and they’re gonna test you all the way to the end of the game,” Taylor said. “I loved that. There’s no daggone San Francisco s–t where they throw the ball back to the quarterback and he throws it down the field. Ain’t none of that bulls–t. It’s straight football.”

Joe Gibbs called on 6-foot-7, 295-pound left tackle Joe Jacoby to keep LT from wrecking the game.

“For the first couple of years he did nothing but kick my ass until I daggone figured out how to play him,” Taylor said, “and from then to the end of my career, he was not a problem.”

LT was a problem for Joe Theismann one fateful Monday night in 1985. Theismann suffered a broken leg so gruesome that Taylor still refuses to watch replays.

“I’m not that type of person that likes to watch stuff like that,” he said. “To this day I have never seen the play. When it comes up to that point, I’ll be able to fast forward, I don’t want to see it.”Joe Theismann is carted off the field by medical staff after having his leg broken by the Giants’ Lawrence Taylor on Nov. 18, 1985.

'

He doesn’t like reflecting on it. “It is what it is,” Taylor said. “Everybody’s playing hard. He got himself caught up in a bad position. His leg was between me and the football, and that’s gonna be a problem.”

LT was visibly distraught when it happened and called for the medical team on the Washington sideline. He remembers Theismann being carted off and yelling out: “LT, LT, I’ll be back.” To which LT replied: “But not tonight!”

He called Theismann in the hospital. “We spoke the next morning,” Taylor said. “I talked to his wife before I talked to him.”

He and Theismann see each other several times each year and have a good relationship. “I hate to see anybody get hurt in this game,” Taylor said. “And listen — he should be kissing my ass because he had a Lloyd’s of London policy that paid him about $4 million when we weren’t making $4 million as a football player.”

A sweeter memory against Washington was the 17-0 shutout in the 1986 NFC Championship game at a blustery Giants Stadium. Taylor remembers the confetti falling and the feeling of exhilaration because the Giants were going to the Super Bowl.

“What a great game that was,” Taylor said. “Sean Landeta was MVP of that game. If it wasn’t for Sean Landeta and his punting skills, we wouldn’t have won that game.”

That sent the Giants to Pasadena … where every last one of them, starting with Phil Simms, showed John Elway and the Broncos some nuts.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

https://nypost.com/2022/12/15/lawrence-taylors-message-to-giants-d-show-me-some-nuts/

Lawrence Taylor’s message to Giants ‘D’ before huge Commanders clash: ‘Show me some nuts!’

In the course of the game there’s only seven-10 plays that make a difference,” Taylor said. “And you sit there and say, ‘Somebody gotta do something, they’re kicking our ass’ and s–t like that. You know what? The person that stands up and says, ‘Hey, OK, I’ll volunteer. I’ll do it,’ those are the guys to make it happen. Those are the guys that’s going to have notoriety in the league and stuff because when there’s a play to be made, they don’t designate it to somebody else. They do it themselves.

“I wanted to be that person to make the play, so that’s what I’m gonna do. And if I made the play, all the spoils come to me. Seize the opportunity to show what you are all about. Do or die, who’s gonna stand up and make the play?”

LT loved playing against Washington because his father rooted for them and because it was always a violent slugfest with John Riggins and the Hogs.

“They’re gonna run it, they’re gonna throw it, and they’re gonna test you all the way to the end of the game,” Taylor said. “I loved that. There’s no daggone San Francisco s–t where they throw the ball back to the quarterback and he throws it down the field. Ain’t none of that bulls–t. It’s straight football.”

Joe Gibbs called on 6-foot-7, 295-pound left tackle Joe Jacoby to keep LT from wrecking the game.

“For the first couple of years he did nothing but kick my ass until I daggone figured out how to play him,” Taylor said, “and from then to the end of my career, he was not a problem.”

LT was a problem for Joe Theismann one fateful Monday night in 1985. Theismann suffered a broken leg so gruesome that Taylor still refuses to watch replays.

“I’m not that type of person that likes to watch stuff like that,” he said. “To this day I have never seen the play. When it comes up to that point, I’ll be able to fast forward, I don’t want to see it.”Joe Theismann is carted off the field by medical staff after having his leg broken by the Giants’ Lawrence Taylor on Nov. 18, 1985.

'

He doesn’t like reflecting on it. “It is what it is,” Taylor said. “Everybody’s playing hard. He got himself caught up in a bad position. His leg was between me and the football, and that’s gonna be a problem.”

LT was visibly distraught when it happened and called for the medical team on the Washington sideline. He remembers Theismann being carted off and yelling out: “LT, LT, I’ll be back.” To which LT replied: “But not tonight!”

He called Theismann in the hospital. “We spoke the next morning,” Taylor said. “I talked to his wife before I talked to him.”

He and Theismann see each other several times each year and have a good relationship. “I hate to see anybody get hurt in this game,” Taylor said. “And listen — he should be kissing my ass because he had a Lloyd’s of London policy that paid him about $4 million when we weren’t making $4 million as a football player.”

A sweeter memory against Washington was the 17-0 shutout in the 1986 NFC Championship game at a blustery Giants Stadium. Taylor remembers the confetti falling and the feeling of exhilaration because the Giants were going to the Super Bowl.

“What a great game that was,” Taylor said. “Sean Landeta was MVP of that game. If it wasn’t for Sean Landeta and his punting skills, we wouldn’t have won that game.”

That sent the Giants to Pasadena … where every last one of them, starting with Phil Simms, showed John Elway and the Broncos some nuts.

Like that scene from Kentucky Fried Movie

Show me your nuts. on Make A Gif | Show me your, Show me, Make a video

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Worried that Turner in the past 2 weeks hasn't adjusted the game plan and situation play calling plan enough. Running is great as long as it comes from a lot of different looks compared to the last game. And for passing, before the previous game, beat reporters and national reports said the way to win was for quick throws. Snap-Throw, Snap-Throw. Not a bunch of 5 step drops to give the defense a chance at getting the QB. Need to actually do that this time.

Prediction...... wanting to puke for a few hours while the game is happening.