Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Giants ~ DJ Meets Moxie Maker: Part Deux - Paloffs Is NOW!!!

zCommander

54 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

At what point do they just admit defeat and quit wasting the roster spot on him?

there are always at least five people on the active roster not dressed, he can always be one of them, so it's not a waste

8 minutes ago, MrJL said:

there are always at least five people on the active roster not dressed, he can always be one of them, so it's not a waste

Okay, what is there to gain with what will be 3 games left?  I don’t think we’ll be able to gain anything meaningful on a pitch count with so few games left.  Might as well just shut him down.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Okay, what is there to gain with what will be 3 games left?  I don’t think we’ll be able to gain anything meaningful on a pitch count with so few games left.  Might as well just shut him down.

if he's on the active roster he can at least practice with the team.  If he's shut down he can't.

56 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Not sure why they activated Chase a few weeks back.  It doesn't make sense to have him on the roster if he's not ready to play.  The smart play would've been to IR him for the season.  Agreed with everyone that it doesn't make sense wasting a roster on him.

because if they didn't they couldn't.  NFL has a time limit on these things

The Chase situation wouldn't be so bad if we were not constantly being blue-balled about it.

I guess it makes the oppo waste time and gameplan for someone they are not gonna play but every week we hear "this might be the game!" only for hope to spiral downward as we get closer to gametime. Just a slowly developing gut-punch every week.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

At what point do they just admit defeat and quit wasting the roster spot on him?

Alright, you know what I'm thinking now? So, we have a mobile QB today and JDR has recently called Chase out about not staying in the scheme. Maybe he plays next weeks against the 9ers and their not very mobile QB. It's a game we're gonna be expected to lose anyway, but if Chase over perusing has an impact they can hammer it home. Then on to Watson. 

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Alright, you know what I'm thinking now? So, we have a mobile QB today and JDR has recently called Chase out about not staying in the scheme. Maybe he plays next weeks against the 9ers and their not very mobile QB. It's a game we're gonna be expected to lose anyway, but if Chase over perusing has an impact they can hammer it home. Then on to Watson. 

I don't think Rivera wants Young to play in any game that has playoff implications and we could theoretically clinch next week.

If we clinch early, or are somehow eliminated early, then I think you'll see Young.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think Rivera wants Young to play in any game that has playoff implications and we could theoretically clinch next week.

If we clinch early, or are somehow eliminated early, then I think you'll see Young.

He's not seeing 20 plays in his first game back and won't have much of an impact.

I think his freelancing will be an issue again at first until he fails, so you could be right.

20 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I get that, but it looks like made the wrong decision instead of placing him on IR for the year.  Probably would've made more sense instead of playing the waiting game every week

ACL used to automatically take more than a year, sometimes it still does.  I don't think the waiting game actually hurts anyone

• Like 1

I just hope every aspect of the team is focused and ready to go.

Damn, I hate that feeling but I can't help but reflect a few years back when all they had to do was win against a Giants team that had nothing to lose, only to go out and lay and egg.

If I were DC or HC, i'd tell them all to 'act like you've been there' and ease off the showboating; thats what gets under my skin; they make a big play, celebrate, then the next play get torched for a TD.  Just go out and conduct business. Winning style...

5 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Damn, I hate that feeling but I can't help but reflect a few years back when all they had to do was win against a Giants team that had nothing to lose, only to go out and lay and egg.

If I were DC or HC, i'd tell them all to 'act like you've been there' and ease off the showboating; thats what gets under my skin; they make a big play, celebrate, then the next play get torched for a TD.  Just go out and conduct business. Winning style...

We're not really a showboating team.

8 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

That game was so annoying. The Giants played their absolute hearts out to knock us out, then completely laid an egg the next week in a freaking playoff game. What a bunch of clowns. Since then they've basically been the worst team in football though. Karma motha effers.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

That game was so annoying. The Giants played their absolute hearts out to knock us out, then completely laid an egg the next week in a freaking playoff game. What a bunch of clowns. Since then they've basically been the worst team in football though. Karma motha effers.

Yeah all that stuff, PLUS our car got towed during that game which led to an extra couple hunned...what a great game that was 😪

• Sad 1

We match up well enough to take them to a tie while other real good teams handle them easily, but I'm hopeful we should see one of heinies better games, which means a w today and the gift of meaningful commanders football in December.

Though we still have some distance to go before being a believable force in playoffs on a somewhat regular basis (which should be our minimal bar imo). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

We match up well enough to take them to a tie while other real good teams handle them easily, but I'm hopeful we should see one of heinies better games, which means a w today and the gift of meaningful commanders football in December.

Though we still have some distance to go before being a believable force in playoffs on a somewhat regular basis (which should be our minimal bar imo). 

I try not to be that guy, but the refs made some killer bad calls against us (three come to mind), with/without those calls, we win easily. We still should've won, but I think we're in a better position now than our last meeting, can't say the same for the Giants.

• Like 1