Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Giants ~ DJ Meets Moxie Maker: Part Deux - Paloffs Is NOW!!!

zCommander

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Great news. Let's hope these guys can all stay healthy to end the season, we may just have a prayer.

Hopefully Cosmi is healthy too. If Jihad Ward is out and Leonard Williams is limited due to his neck injury, we can run the ball down their throats

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Rook said:

I expect both teams to have everyone out there, whether it takes the "juice" and/or the needle.

Torture Garden Nurse GIF

:229:The Rook

Not happening. It's not looking good for Adoree Jackson (who Giants fans are really banking on to come back). Richie James, their starting slot, and Jihad Ward are in concussion protocol. 

Separately, could've been fluff but Rivera was mentioning that a bunch of guys were in last week during the bye and half the team was there Monday (which is not a practice day). This team is locked in for Sunday.

Edited by method man
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

"Chase Young said he's still "trusting the process." He said, "When I'm ready, I'll be ready. I'm 23 years old; I'll make sure I'm good."

Maybe I'm misinterpreting his intent but something just rubs me the wrong way about this comment.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 10:53 AM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I figured you saw the other posts before mine lol...

Reiterating: in 2005 when we were 5-6, someone started a thread here wanting to say "Playoffs are now!" to indicate that we needed to win all 5 of our remaining games to make the playoffs. So every game was, in essence, a win or go home scenario, like the playoffs.

yep!  It was definitely 2005. I recall it distinctly because this very website had a meetup at the AZ road game that year. Good times!

i think the original thread was started by @CrazyZeb IIRC. 

My prediction:  the offense comes alive and scores 38 points. 

38-3, we dominate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illone said:

yep!  It was definitely 2005. I recall it distinctly because this very website had a meetup at the AZ road game that year. Good times!

i think the original thread was started by @CrazyZeb IIRC. 

My prediction:  the offense comes alive and scores 38 points. 

38-3, we dominate. 

38-3…..MAN…….that would make the game a LOT easier to watch with my friend in Florida. Id be able to actually relax!!!! 

Now, back to reality: can you send me the number of your guy?? :P 

• Haha 2

On 12/13/2022 at 11:01 AM, woodpecker said:

Giants had at least three completely lucky wins, plus didn’t deserve the tie with us. They are a 4-9 team posing as 7-5-1. Wash 30 NYG 13. Also predicting another sewage leak at the stadium, but this time into the owners box!

Let's not kid ourselves, here. If the Giants have had some lucky wins, then so have we. I actually think we were pretty lucky to come away from that last game with a tie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Let's not kid ourselves, here. If the Giants have had some lucky wins, then so have we. I actually think we were pretty lucky to come away from that last game with a tie.

Fair point, we’ve had a couple of lucky wins ourselves. GB and Chi come to mind. But, last 6 games: NY 1-4-1; Wash 4-1-1. So I’ll stick with my prediction. Note that I was laughed at on here when I predicted the win over the Eagles 😎

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Fair point, we’ve had a couple of lucky wins ourselves. GB and Chi come to mind. But, last 6 games: NY 1-4-1; Wash 4-1-1. So I’ll stick with my prediction. Note that I was laughed at on here when I predicted the win over the Eagles 😎

I think pretty much every team has at least a couple of games per year that are mostly decided on luck, whether it's a bad bounce, dumb penalty, missed penalty, dropped pass, whatever. So I don't think we and the Giants are really outliers there.

As far as a win over the Eagles, you were probably one of a tiny tiny number who thought we could win. Even God probably had money on us losing that game, and that dude is omnipotent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think pretty much every team has at least a couple of games per year that are mostly decided on luck, whether it's a bad bounce, dumb penalty, missed penalty, dropped pass, whatever. So I don't think we and the Giants are really outliers there.

As far as a win over the Eagles, you were probably one of a tiny tiny number who thought we could win. Even God probably had money on us losing that game, and that dude is omnipotent.

Admittedly, I was just fired up about the Snyder news at the time, not sure I really believed it. Been a while since I’ve truly cared whether we won or lost, but the idea of Snyder being gone has gotten me back into it again. 

Edited by woodpecker
  • Like 1

Giants hoping Daniel Jones’ success in Washington continues in critical clash

Daniel Jones was talking about playing at FedEx Field, asked about all the success he has had there and what he likes about that building.

“I don’t know if there is one thing,” Jones said Wednesday. “I like the stadium, got a good field and yeah, I like the stadium.”

What about that particular stadium does Jones like? The architecture? The visitors’ locker room? The sponginess of the playing surface?

Jones smiled. He knew he did not have anything specific to add.

“I don’t know if I can put my finger on it,” he said, grinning.

This is an appropriate way to head into the most significant regular-season game in Jones’ three-plus seasons with the Giants. The teams that meet Sunday night at the stadium Jones likes so much are both 7-5-1. The winner has a clear pathway to an NFC playoff berth. The loser does not.

“I don’t think we’re going to have any issue getting amped up or getting excited for this game,” Jones said. “I think everyone realizes the opportunity and how big of a game this is.”

This is an appropriate way to head into the most significant regular-season game in Jones’ three-plus seasons with the Giants. The teams that meet Sunday night at the stadium Jones likes so much are both 7-5-1. The winner has a clear pathway to an NFC playoff berth. The loser does not.

“I don’t think we’re going to have any issue getting amped up or getting excited for this game,” Jones said. “I think everyone realizes the opportunity and how big of a game this is.”

Jones has set foot on the grass at FedEx Field three times in his career and every time he put in a strong performance. He has completed 67.6 percent of his passes (73 for 108) for 813 yards, seven touchdowns and no interceptions. The bulk of this production was late in his rookie year of 2019, when Jones was sensational: 28 of 42 for 352 yards and five touchdown passes.

Jones won his first two starts at FedEx Field and came close to remaining undefeated there in Week 2 last season, as the Giants were beaten 30-29 on a last-second field goal. The flip side to this: Jones is 0-9 starting games in prime time, with his 10th try for victory No. 1 under the lights coming Sunday night.

All evaluations of Jones must come with disclaimers. His wide receivers are a bunch of guys who would not be playing much, if at all, for many playoff-contending teams around the league. His offensive line is shaky on the interior and, every once in a while — last week, for sure — unreliable at right tackle when rookie Evan Neal is having one of those games, as he did in last week’s 48-22 beat-down by the Eagles.

There are times when all Jones can do is duck for cover. There are times when the rush is on him, directly in his face, so quickly after he receives the snap that the split-second decision-making necessary to play quarterback in the NFL devolves into self-preservation mode. Hold on for dear life.

Jones has been sacked 41 times and only Russell Wilson of the Broncos (43) has been dropped more often this season.

Sometimes, Jones simply has no chance.

“When you get pressure right away in the pocket and there’s not much you can do, then the most important thing is to take care of the ball and live to see another day,” coach Brian Daboll said recently. “There are other times he’s created lanes and made some loose plays, whether it be with his feet or throwing the ball. There are other times he’s been able to throw on time and make the right decisions. So, that’s part of playing quarterback. All those things happen, and I’d say regularly, you try to eliminate the ones that they’re right on him right now.”

In a sense, what Jones has done best this season is refrain from making a bad situation worse. He has thrown only four interceptions and lived to fight another down more often than not.

Two weeks ago, Jones certainly played well enough to deserve a better outcome than the 20-20 tie at MetLife Stadium that led to the Giants and Commanders having identical records. Jones did lose a fumble on a scramble — his third lost fumble of the season — but he led his team in rushing (12 carries, 71 yards) and he was extremely accurate, completing 25 of 31 passes for 200 yards and a touchdown pass to Isaiah Hodgins.

Now comes the rematch, with Daboll offering no public decrees that this critical game is more critical than any other. If you want to sell a “must game” scenario, he is not buying.

“I think every game you have to be urgent,” Daboll said. “You have to be urgent in Week 1 against Tennessee just like you have to be urgent here. It’s a division game, so that’s always important. We haven’t done very well in the division, obviously. So again, our urgency and our preparation really never changes based on who we play or when we play them. I think you have to have that all the time.”

Likewise, the Giants are not looking for Jones to save them. They are looking for him to lead them and to continue to thrive playing in a certain stadium he visits every season.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/14/giants-hope-daniel-jones-success-in-washington-continues/

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Man, I am excited for this game, and slightly nervous just because it's still a division game and just used to disappointing defeats.

My head says we win 27 - 17, my gut says 24-23, an extremely close call with us scoring at the end to win.

Seeing a fairly clean injury report is nice, will see how the OL does.

Edited by PigskinRedskin