Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Giants I: Keep it Medium

KDawg

1 hour ago, CommDownMan said:

I thought I saw 2 occasions where Heinicke took an elbow to the face.  Was that a camera trick and/or did anyone else see that?

I saw TH smacked at least 4 times after he threw the ball and one time right in front of the ref and no call. I saw JA tackled and pulled down forward on his way to the QB. A nat O lineman grabbed our DE from behind on his shoulder pad as he was chasing the QB in the backfield on a long run play that could have been a loss but turned out a big run. I am not a physics expert but can someone tell me how a ball goes 7 yards forward if it was not thrown and the pass rusher did not touch it. Magic most likely. How about the nat WR push off that was so flagrant our CB went backwards 4 yards on the long pass play they had in the first half. What was so ironic was the nat head coach screaming at the ref for a PI call when the ball and his receiver were 4 yds out of bounds, wtf. Yes, when you play the nats in NJ you have to go against the nats and the refs. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

I vote for the coach gets 1 replay per game to be challenged. This will put a spotlight on the refs to do better. And if an infraction is turned over the ref gets less money for that game.

Also a flag shouldn't be picked up after it is thrown. Refs and fans will need to live with that decision.

A PI flag should not be picked up especially when the ref that threw it was 5 yards in front of the play and the people that overruled it were behind the play and if it was not PI then it should have least been DEF Holding.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

I vote for the coach gets 1 replay per game to be challenged. This will put a spotlight on the refs to do better. And if an infraction is turned over the ref gets less money for that game.

Also a flag shouldn't be picked up after it is thrown. Refs and fans will need to live with that decision.

This could come back to bite you though. What if you have a game winning TD pass with no time left on the clock and you have a ref who thought he saw something and threw a flag for offensive PI, but he wasn't able to see it completely from where he was, and then other refs come and say "nope, it didn't happen at all, you just couldn't see clearly"? Would you be ok with losing that game even when pretty much all the refs agree that the flag was wrong, because you're not allowed to pick it up after it's thrown?

I have a feeling we as a fanbase would be absolutely screaming bloody murder about the "bull****" rule that you can't pick up a flag after it's thrown.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, willyt said:

Lets remember it WAS called...then for reasons unknown, it was reversed  total crap. 

Now the completed bomb pass by the giants was def Offensive PI  there's your  "No call"  again.. total crap.

Not blaming refs for the outcome, I just saw those two as glaring home job calls.

And ripping off our guys helmet and the refs not calling that was pure bs

• Thumb up 2

10 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

if it was not PI then it should have least been DEF Holding.

I just wanted to quote this for emphasis. Heineke should have thrown a bettwr ball, that was probably why they pulled the flag sigh

I feel like I should be angry but I'm not angry the way Id be if we lost. We just HAVE to crush them at home and I'll feel 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX

That bogus denial of an obvious penalty took away what might have been a 17-10 halftime lead as I don't think the Giants would have had time to drive for a FG at the end of the half. With all the other non-calls in the Giants favor and the ticky-tac calls that went against us, we would have crushed them. Now, we did get away with one in the Eagles game. Problem with just winning at the margin as we do, you CANNOT deal with bad calls. Yeah, if your up 21-7 late in the fourth and a bad call forces you to just win 21-14 you still won. If you would have won a properly called game 24-17, one bad call kills and was probably the difference between a 20-20 tie (or even a potential 23-20 loss) and a 24-17 win.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

That bogus denial of an obvious penalty took away what might have been a 17-10 halftime lead as I don't think the Giants would have had time to drive for a FG at the end of the half. With all the other non-calls in the Giants favor and the ticky-tac calls that went against us, we would have crushed them. Now, we did get away with one in the Eagles game. Problem with just winning at the margin as we do, you CANNOT deal with bad calls. Yeah, if your up 21-7 late in the fourth and a bad call forces you to just win 21-14 you still won. If you would have won a properly called game 24-17, one bad call kills and was probably the difference between a 20-20 tie (or even a potential 23-20 loss) and a 24-17 win.

Yep. I can live with bad calls or missed calls but the field judge with the best view threw the flag and must have been overruled by the back judge. Looking up officials' responsibilities it says the field judge (guy who threw the flag) "watches for pass interference" but the back judge "rules on pass interference". My guess is the back judge came in and overruled the field judge on the play. Absolute BS that he had a better view than the field judge. 

Edited by BigDibbs31
  • Like 3

Overall, this team is very lucky after yesterday.  Lucky because the Giants Center Feliciano got a taunting penalty that pushed the Giants out of FG range and allowed this team to come back and tie the game.  Lucky that Heinicke didn't fumble after Thibodeaux sacked him near the goal line in OT.  Finally, they're lucky that Gano's FG fell short at the end of OT.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Overall, this team is very lucky after yesterday.  Lucky because the Giants Center Feliciano got a taunting penalty that pushed the Giants out of FG range and allowed this team to come back and tie the game.  Lucky that Heinicke didn't fumble after Thibodeaux sacked him near the goal line in OT.  Finally, they're lucky that Gano's FG fell short at the end of OT.

Yes we were lucky but the Nats were even luckier. Please refer to the numerous “no calls” they received.

11 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Also that Heineke hasn't had a couple picks 6s in a game yet but apparently we now know who bought this item

Rabbit Feet Bulk Clearance 50 Assorted Feet - Etsy

il_680x540.4410669101_agra.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zim489 said:

I feel the opposite. For the first time they didnt have everything go their way like they have over their run and what a surprise they didnt win vs a bad team. It wasnt even a game where everything went against them either. 

I don’t know, I think they may have won by two scores if St Juste was in the game and Holmes wasn’t. St Juste may have picked off the long past where Holmes got beat (Holmes was even in good position to go for a pick before he stumbled). If St Juste is back after the bye I feel very good about our chances. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah there were some ****ty calls, but if we had been able to score more than 3 ****ing points after the 10 in the first quarter, it wouldn't have mattered.

People are going to argue the sole reason we couldn’t score more points is the refs.

Oh, and Scott Turner.  

Probably more the refs this game.

But Scott Turner isn’t using TH to his HOF level ability.

BUT THE REFS!!!!!

Its either the refs or Scott Turner.  

Or both.  

(Ps: it’s neither really)

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

People are going to argue the sole reason we couldn’t score more points is the refs.

Oh, and Scott Turner.  

Probably more the refs this game.

But Scott Turner isn’t using TH to his HOF level ability.

BUT THE REFS!!!!!

Its either the refs or Scott Turner.  

Or both.  

(Ps: it’s neither really)

Who has argued the sole reason we couldn't score more points was the refs? and/or Scott Turner?

Let's see an example where someone blamed the refs and/or Scott Turner as the sole reason we couldn't score more points.  

Impossible to bash heiny on yesterdays performance. The clutch 4th down elude and toss alone was the reason we even pulled out a tie. 

OL and blocking schemes were awful. How could we leave thibodeaux unblocked multiple times?! The pocket was constantly collapsing.

hopefully in 2 weeks st. Juste is back, we get this OL figured out a bit, we don’t deal with homer refs, and we don’t give up a fumble in the red zone. If so, we win.

On that PI call/no-call, I just wish Terry came back to the ball or even completely stopped running to draw the undeniable contact. It feels like we’ve been called for more offensive PI calls than been given defensive PI this year.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Who has argued the sole reason we couldn't score more points was the refs? and/or Scott Turner?

Let's see an example where someone blamed the refs and/or Scott Turner as the sole reason we couldn't score more points.  

The ref and Turner griping was the main theme in the game day thread.  

10 minutes ago, CTskin said:

OL and blocking schemes were awful. How could we leave thibodeaux unblocked multiple times?! The pocket was constantly collapsing.

The C calls the blocking schemes. With Larsen out we had a new C in and he just couldn't keep up with Martindale's complex blitz packages. 

6 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Impossible to bash heiny on yesterdays performance. The clutch 4th down elude and toss alone was the reason we even pulled out a tie. 

No it’s not.  He had 1 good play.  6 INTs not get caught and QBed an offense that scored 3 points in almost 60 minutes of football while going 3-14 on 3rd down.

He sucked minus 3 or 4 plays.  

He has 130 yards before the 90 yard drive.  

He was basically dreadful for the middle for 50 minutes of game time.  He was ok early, had one moxie magic play (which was really good) and then terrible again.

• Thumb down 2