Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at New Jersey ~ Moxie Blinders Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

973072700_ScreenShot2022-12-04at4_31_42PM.thumb.png.19a6e3e0e6511360c4c85258c2975af0.png

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mean, with St. Juste out, you kidnof have to play 2 CBs, so you're going to get him matched up on somebody...

Slayton is by far their best WR.  Fuller needs to be on him at all times.   I'll take my chances with Holmes with anyone else they have

I get that if you’re still die hard on every win/loss this isn’t you (I’m still waiting for the team to be sold…)

but I love watching Heinicke throw almost 6 picks a game

dude throws it into quadrupole coverage without a care. Not a sustainable winning strategy but it is hell of fun to watch 😂 

4 minutes ago, The Rook said:

That looked so bad to me, I had to re-watch it.  On replay, it wasn't just the overthrow I thought it was.  There was an LB that he had to throw over and that guy almost hit the ball.  Needed to be an "in-the-bucket" pass.

:229:The Rook

That's rare context you get on this board. Everything is black or white here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Goes back to last week when he thought he had the arm strength to do that and was picked off. He needs to stay away from those.

Agree.  It was the open man, so I think he threw a safe ball - wasn't intercepted, but wasn't completed either.  A missed opportunity. 

:229:The Rook

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

Slayton is by far their best WR.  Fuller needs to be on him at all times.   I'll take my chances with Holmes with anyone else they have

Offenses do things to make that not always happen.  I'm sure that's the plan, but if you're playing zone, it can happen.  If you play man, you can control it more. But we are not a man defense.  

Just now, FootballZombie said:

From a stats perspective today has been great from a TH personal perspective compared to previous weeks...

And he is still terrible.

Definitely.  But

he still owes us at least one interception so… plenty of time for him to put up his typical single digit game. 😂 

• Sad 1

Just now, tmandoug1 said:

He is 11-16 for 110 and a TD. 68%..... pretty much his best game this year so far.  Which isn't saying much.

You don’t honestly look at those numbers and say, “yup! That was all Heinicke!” Do you?

The best thing he’s done today was evade the Giants pass rush and give guys chances. But those numbers are misleading.