Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at New Jersey ~ Moxie Blinders Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

973072700_ScreenShot2022-12-04at4_31_42PM.thumb.png.19a6e3e0e6511360c4c85258c2975af0.png

The thing with Heinicke is, love or hate him, as a QB2 the one thing you can't do is miss the gimme throws, because he isn't the kind of QB to be able to make things "happen" otherwise.   He had Logan wide open, pocket was clean, no pressure, and he simply sailed the ball.  Those are the kinds of throws that define a lot of QB2s.  It's not that they can't make throws, it's just that they miss on an unacceptable amount of them.  It's why it wasn't 14-10 instead of 10-10, and then now 13-13.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

It really would be nice to be able to get a couple of explosive plays.  Sadly, that just isn't what we can do with this type of offense.  

You'd really like your QB in a run-first type offense to be able to stretch the field. PA and take shots.  We just don't really have the ability to do that.  Which actually makes running the ball harder.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

This game was 2 big plays away from being not close. 

-- Heinicke missing a wide open Logan Thomas, in a clean pocket, for what was a walk in TD.

-- The officials picking up the PI flag on Fabian, despite throwing the flag so definitively, that would have made it 1st & goal.

Defense also played poorly during that 2min drill to close the half.

The game went from the Commanders being in control to feeling like a coin flip outcome.

That looked so bad to me, I had to re-watch it.  On replay, it wasn't just the overthrow I thought it was.  There was an LB that he had to throw over and that guy almost hit the ball.  Needed to be an "in-the-bucket" pass.

:229:The Rook

Just now, KDawg said:

Me too. But some here thought this unit was elite. It’s not. But it IS good. But that means there are some matchups which can hurt us. The Giants are one. 

Yeah, I said in the prediction thread I had a bad feeling about it because mobile QBs who run for yardage have hurt us.  I mean, really that's true since like 1994. But certainly this year.

And with St. Juste out, I also thought they could get a shot play or two.  Which they did.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Is he supposed to pay the refs off, or force Sweat not to lose contain?

Yes. 

It can’t be that Sweat just isn’t a great DE. Good pass rusher? Sure. Explosive player? Okay. Great DE? No. He stinks against run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Rook said:

That looked so bad to me, I had to re-watch it.  On replay, it wasn't just the overthrow I thought it was.  There was an LB that he had to throw over and that guy almost hit the ball.  Needed to be an "in-the-bucket" pass.

:229:The Rook

Goes back to last week when he thought he had the arm strength to do that and was picked off. He needs to stay away from those.

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think he’s gotten better in that respect, but clearly over pursuing today and it’s been costly more than once.

Getting better from absolutely horrible is absolutely truth. He’s gone for dog **** to bad. So, improvement is improvement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Only when the game is on the line and he has to just ball out. When he has time to think, bad Heini

This is a myth. Last year he choked plenty in those situations and this year he lost us the Vikings game. Just take the guy for what he is, he isn’t magical in crunch time. Let’s hope today he is. 

Just now, Conn said:

He’s sucked today what are you talking about. He had a great sack evasion and throw to McLaurin that led to a TD but that doesn’t change the rest 

This what TH fans don't get.  We have enough talent on offense to average a lot more than 17pts/game and chunk plays should be the norm.  The fact that TH's mediocre play is somehow accepted and excused is disturbing. 

• Like 2