Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread : Washington vs Atlanta - The Further Adventures of Earn, Paper Boi', & Darius

TK
Message added by TK,

1628139826_ScreenShot2022-11-27at3_49_45PM.thumb.png.79c88242f6e56500cd9b9d9d7de3ef3f.png

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Ironically this would have been the game to bring Wentz back. Falcons D is ripe to be feasted on but we're leaving yards and points on the field with Heinicke. 

Wentz would have been sacked 3 times already and Terry would have 0 targets

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Damn he should have tried to float that to McLaurin in the corner of the endzone, he just gave up on the play and threw it away. Appreciate that he knows he can’t harm our chances at a consolation FG there, but Terry had space to work 

Dont think he saw terry

Taylor Heinecke appears to have evolved into a good quality NFL QB. His arm strength has even improved. He is beginning to prove a lot of people wrong including myself. He is worth investing long term as the future QB of this team. Continue to build the O-line and this team may have finally gotten it figured out.

• Confused 1

Folks, I can’t believe I’m the one defending Heinicke in any way, and quite frankly it scares me a little :ols:

But he is who he is stylistically. He’s limited with his arm, has a gunslinger mentality and struggles with foot mechanics.

His decision making his better, he’s using his hips more on his throws and he has a great feel for the game. 

We need an upgrade, but not at all costs. But we need an upgrade. Not going to change no matter what. But he is a better QB than he has been and is serviceable enough to play and start if a better QB can’t be had. And we may not have a chance at one (unless it’s Howell).

Also, it’s okay to talk about the things he struggles with. He has made some bad mistakes and some great plays so far. It’s the Heinicke Experience. It’s who and what he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

No, it wasn't.  

Just stop.  It floated high.

He's playing well, he was late to the throw and it didn't have enough umph.  

Sure you don't want to rewind the tape of that.  The ball had enough juice. It was thrown high..it didn't float high.

I do agree that It was thrown late and the placement could have been lower (didn't work).

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

That's not what I saw, I saw him trying to get it to Terry and it just totally floated on him because he couldn't get his feet set.  

Yeah that could be possible too or thought he was going to get sacked. Taylor is the only one who can tell us what was going through his mind there. Terry even had his hand up. Or the ball just got away from him is also possible as well.