Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Game Night Thread: Washington at Philly - Heinicke's Last Stand, Wentz if it Hurts

TK
Message added by TK,

1520763020_ScreenShot2022-11-14at11_09_58PM.thumb.png.f702b5530a184659b9ace0bd422e8112.png

1 minute ago, skins4eva said:

Scott Turner...pls do something.  Roll him out of the pocket run some screens.  Anything but having him sit back there.

Please no screens. How about a slant  Do we even have slants in the playbook?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The Eagles use Hurts mobility.   We treat TH like he's a statue.   

Heinicke isn’t that mobile (outside the pocket as a runner—his mobility has been very useful behind the LOS). It was a welcome change from pegleg Alex Smith back when Heinicke was playing with the desperation of someone who may never play again. Ever since he has hardly used it at all, and the coaches were annoyed about it last year. He doesn’t have much speed to turn the corner, probably runs a 4.7 now or something. His usability as a runner was always kind of a mirage. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

He took that hit like a champ.  

That really was more on the tackle than TH. He lost immediately.  I don’t think TH held the ball. 

Same thing happened to Wentz in the first game.  9 sacks I think.  We’re 4 plays in and they have 1 already.  

I might be too hard on him on that play, agree. I admit I am biased I’ve been expecting Heinicke to have a bad game tonight so I am looking for it 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Heinicke is not that mobile and nowhere near as mobile as Hurts.

Y'all act like he's Lamar Jackson or something. He's maybe slightly above average at best.

That's because he's not being compared to Prime RG3, he's being compared to early and immobile Kirk Cousins, statue Alex Smith, and Shadow-of-his-former-self Wentz. Compared to those 3 he's a world-class scrambler. Comparing him to real athletic QBs isn't something this fanbase is ready for yet.

Finished giving youngest a bath thinking I could afford to miss a minute or two...takes less then 3 for Taylor to do exactly what I've been saying all week he could not do and expect to win this game no matter how well rest of our team does.

Early enough to make up for it.