Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Game Night Thread: Washington at Philly - Heinicke's Last Stand, Wentz if it Hurts

TK
Message added by TK,

1520763020_ScreenShot2022-11-14at11_09_58PM.thumb.png.f702b5530a184659b9ace0bd422e8112.png

It's weird how there seems to be some discipline in their game now... I do think that Heineke is awful, but somehow makes everyone around him better. The dreaded "intangibles." Seriously, what are you supposed to do with a QB who is objectively incapable of making necessary NFL throws, but inspires his WRs to play like gods?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Taylor saved the game on that horrible snap and the team just seems to play better with him in. It makes no sense 

I am not for Taylor or Wentz as the solution but for now I’ll say and have said it from game one when Taylor returned that he brings more fire and juice to the team than Wentz 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Taylor saved the game on that horrible snap and the team just seems to play better with him in. It makes no sense 

It’s because it’s an emotional game. How no one gets that is beyond me, maybe never played organized football. I’m far from a “hiver” but it’s clear as day the team plays for him and if you don’t think that matters then yeah I’m guessing you don’t really understand how emotional the game really is and haven’t played before.

You’re like all of the scouts out there that value a big arm and running around in shorts and draft busts in the top 5 year over year. 

Full disclosure, I was excited for the Wentz trade and to give it a shot. But if you can’t appreciate a QB that gives at least a chance to win week in week out, idk what to tell you. You’re watching the wrong game.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is why...and not what you saying down here...

You really gonna sit through seven games of us taking sacks left and right intermixed with 2 yard pass plays, 80 yards of offense, 10 points a game and a gassed defense giving up 3rd and 15s? 

Cause that is what wentz’s commanders team looks like. I’ll pass. You are more of a fan than I am I guess.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not for Taylor or Wentz as the solution but for now I’ll say and have said it from game one when Taylor returned that he brings more fire and juice to the team than Wentz 

I actually want to see howell at some point. I dont ever want to see wentz again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

We can kiss that high draft pick goodbye. Tonight is gonna be the best night of the season. Hard not to enjoy after watching a team put up a billboard saying we're going to run the ball, and watch an undefeated team trip over themselves because they can't stop us.

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The coaching staff really needs to do work this week.  Short week on the road against the Texans has let down written all over it.   

It would be the most Redskins thing in the world for us to beat the best team and lose to the worst team in the league in back to back weeks.

I expect a 20-17 nail biter.

Edited by Bacon
  • Haha 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Taylor is the right guy for this team right now.  They like him and want to play for him.  He makes others play their best ball.

I don’t think people understand how important that is when the team is clearly in your corner.  The team clearly prefers Taylor.  

3 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

It's weird how there seems to be some discipline in their game now... I do think that Heineke is awful, but somehow makes everyone around him better. The dreaded "intangibles." Seriously, what are you supposed to do with a QB who is objectively incapable of making necessary NFL throws, but inspires his WRs to play like gods?

Ahem... "SKINtangibles" 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

I think there was one drive in the second half that was third and long where they didn’t get points. And that was because of the tickytac OPI.  It was 3rd and 4 before that.  Well two if you count the under two minute warning drive.

Yeah, they had a 1st and goal which ended in a FG, then an INT on 3rd down, then the short field FG.  The next drive was the one you referenced with the make-up call on 3rd down. 

They were more productive in the second half than it felt like real-time.  I think because after the first drive of the second half, which was 14 plays, the next drives were 5 (INT), 4 (FG), 3 (Punt). 

They kindof stalled out a bit in that stretch. 

But other than that, they were good.

This game is never in doubt I don't think if they can punch the ball in  the first drive of the second half.  But they got stuffed on the run from 1st and goal at the 6, and then took a sack.  

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

We can kiss that high draft pick goodbye. Tonight is gonna be the best night of the season. Hard not to enjoy after watching a team put up a billboard saying we're going to run the ball, and watch an undefeated team trip over themselves because they can't stop us.

Hey but at least this gives us a shot at swapping a 3rd for a 2nd. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Can’t win with some of you guys?!

We won and we’re.500 and still alive for the playoffs. Who cares how we won but we did against arguably the best team in football. Who cares how Heinicke looked. He played smart gutsy and clutch. 

I agree, If you can’t enjoy moments like this than I don’t know why you are a fan.  Suspend objective criticism for a while and get caught up in the moment.  

Wins like this are why we are all here.  

Savor the moment 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2