Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Game Night Thread: Washington at Philly - Heinicke's Last Stand, Wentz if it Hurts

TK
Message added by TK,

1520763020_ScreenShot2022-11-14at11_09_58PM.thumb.png.f702b5530a184659b9ace0bd422e8112.png

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

our blueprint.

Remember when we beat the 11-0 Steelers, and then three out of the next four teams beat them, and then they got knocked out in the wild card round?  We showed the NFL how to do it.  Maybe the same thing happens here with the Eagles.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The offensive plan worked tonight because we avoided negative plays. I don't think we had any holding penalties or sacks on 1st down and very few negative plays. Not sure we can sustain this high 3rd down % conversion rate though but against Ds with lesser talented fronts we can probably make bigger plays.

^^^^^^ This! I think we had 2 plays for loss all night? 

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

He is limited you consistent dumbass...and he just played his best game and is getting appropriately praised...and the team and coaches turned in their best effort of the year or actually longer  

Dumbass....

I've said many times he's limited.   I just think there's a difference between limited/bad and limited/effective.    

I agree this was the best coaching/team performance this year and probably Rivera's tenure.   Better than Pittsburgh and probably better than Tampa last year.  

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

IMO they got to stick with old school run dominating ball control. Stay conservative and let the defense do their thing. Worked tonight to a tee 

They saw that this Eagles run D was vulnerable and came up with a good plan to attack it.  And it really helped that Jordan Davis was out.

This game plan would not have been possible without BRob though.  We needed two hammers to break that defense and stay in front of the chains, just having Gibson wouldn't have been enough.  This RB stable is our meal ticket and it's pretty much our only chance at making a late season run for a wild card spot.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

The offensive plan worked tonight because we avoided negative plays. I don't think we had any holding penalties or sacks on 1st down and very few negative plays. Not sure we can sustain this high 3rd down % conversion rate llthough but against Ds with lesser talented fronts we can probably make bigger plays.

And we ran the stuffing out of the ball 49 times for a 3.1 yard average.  The key was staying in manageable  3rd down and converting a bunch of them.

The offense fell off in the second half when the Eagles really started to stuff the early down runs, which forced longer, known passing 3rd downs, which we didn't convert. 

49 rushes is insane though.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

I get the feeling this is gonna be the high point of the season, by far. I hope I'm wrong, though.

I remember seasons where beating the Bears 9-6 and **** like that was our peak for the year 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

He is limited you consistent dumbass...and he just played his best game and is getting appropriately praised...and the team and coaches turned in their best effort of the year or actually longer  

Dumbass....

Love it when Jumbo gets mad!!!  LFG!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Aikman is annoying af. Asked if you like to see the game end like that he keeps fumbling sayin "well technically its the rule, but", "the law of the rule says, but", "you have to protect the qb, but"...

But it doesnt ****ing matter what you think Troy-Troy!! if all that **** is the case then the right call was made!

If they had hit him as he was kneeling i would agree but the hits were 1-2 seconds after he kneeled down