Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Presidential Election- 11/5/2024 : Prosecutor/Coach vs Felon/Couch *******

88Comrade2000

21 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m still struggling with the idea that we have to consider whether the potential VP did or did not **** a couch 

the idea broke my brain and it’s now stuck in a loop

I saw @Mr.Sacksn'Stuff make a post and I giggled.

I'm all F'd up too.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Doesn't she have step kids? Way to alienate all the step parents out there.

Yes, and you are correct to note that some stepparents have voiced their displeasure.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/parenting/2024/07/24/kamala-harris-childless/

J.D. Vance said Kamala Harris has no kids. Stepparents would like a word.

For Rebecca Brodey, the vice president’s highly visible relationship with Ella and Cole has felt significant for years. “I feel so much solidarity with other stepmoms,” says Brodey, a mother of three, including two stepchildren, in D.C. “So I also feel solidarity with Kamala Harris. When ‘Momala’ was first put in the news, I jokingly said to my stepkids, ‘Why don’t you call me MaBecca?’ and now as a joke my stepdaughter has me in her phone as MaBecca.”

Brodey is close with her two stepchildren, she says, both of whom are teens. But she has also sometimes struggled with a role that is frequently overlooked or confronted with skepticism.

“My experience as a stepmom is that, at the outset, I’m normally met with distrust,” she says. “It’s just part of the role that you have to prove yourself, you have to demonstrate that you are there to support the kids, that you respect the ex, that you’re a loving person.”

So when she considers the recent condemnation of Harris, “I just roll my eyes,” she says. “It’s not surprising to me that they’re going to invalidate her role as a caretaker and as someone who is invested in the future of her stepchildren.”

It didn’t surprise Matthew Brake either. The stepfather of three says he’s noticed anti-stepparent sentiments growing in recent years, primarily in certain right-leaning corners of the internet.

The clip from Vance’s interview reminded Brake of a social media post he saw circulating a couple of years ago, around the time he was planning to ask his wife to marry him. The post was shared by a self-identified religious, conservative account, he says. “It was typical of other things I was seeing too — this guy didn’t understand how a single guy who did not have his own kids would choose to marry a woman who had her own kids already, and then choose to raise another man’s children,” Brake says. “There was this sort of ugly macho-ism, which, coming from a Christian background, was so antithetical to all the messages I always heard about how God adopts people into his family, about how we should adopt and love the orphan and those who don’t have parents.”

• Like 1

Is it weird, or is it just me that the "Press" doesn't seem interested if Trump was truly struck by a bullet, or shrapnel.  As it was originally reported, Trump (and others near him) were struck by shrapnel.   Then, all of a sudden he posts on Truth Social, a bullet hit him. 

If shrapnel is true, than maybe he wasn't an inch from death and he didn't "take a bullet for democracy" (as he claims!). But he gets to embellish and lie about it.  

Again, not sure why this sticks with me.  But the FBI director, Chris Wray seemed to imply in testimony yesterday that was not clear if it was a bullet or shrapnel.

I mean, it wouldn't matter really but for Trump using it as a central part of his stump speech. 

Also.  Fox News has proposed a 17 September debate.  I think I am assuming the 10 September ABC debate is on.  And they may add a second debate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

We've seen this women have to have kids to be virtuous restoration political propaganda before. It was in the 1920s and those of us that don't speak German had to rely on subtitles, but we've seen it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Doesn't she have step kids? Way to alienate all the step parents out there.

none of these people own any birds. Bird mom and dads everywhere will once again have to hold their noses and vote for leaders that couldn’t possibly understand them.

This is what this line of attacks looks like to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

none of these people own any birds. Bird mom and dads everywhere will once again have to hold their noses and vote for leaders that couldn’t possibly understand them.

This is what this line of attacks looks like to me. 

I do think the bird brain demographic is well presented in our politics.

baz.jpg.1b9c8e559016af21e2dba640ccaaf8d1.jpg

• Haha 4

Just now, tshile said:

Oh good

The ****ing a couch story now has more

to it than originally seemed possible.

HOW DO I GET OUT OF THIS CARTOON?

You might be able to get out via a magical portal in a wardrobe.  If not, I hear there might be portals in couches to.

• Haha 3

Long way to go and based on super early polling she’s still losing obviously but all polling is showing trends of movement toward Kamala. After only a few days that’s pretty good 

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

Oh good

The ****ing a couch story now has more

to it than originally seemed possible.

HOW DO I GET OUT OF THIS CARTOON?

• Haha 16

There's also apparently a 25-to-1 Trump-to-Harris TV ad ratio that should rapidly be changed.

The trendlines are generally all in Harris' direction but she's still got a ways to go.

One good thing is that she seems to be polling inside MOE in enough states to win, and there's enough enthusiasm that her GOTV efforts should be robust.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

You might be able to get out via a magical portal in a wardrobe.  If not, I hear there might be portals in couches to.

I don’t know. Seems like you’re setting me up for an awkward conversation with my wife…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I've noted our shared positive impressions 😁of certain heartthrobs from way back then to now. Morena Baccarin is another one. I went gaga for her when she showed up in Serenity and V. Ever since, she's just been one of my faves in every way.

Random  off topic "V" connection, do you remember the old TV classic sci fi series with Roy Thinnes, "The Invaders"? Landmark effort, great in its day. 

Yes! Roy Thinnes was a wonderful actor who made you believe. I'll send you a PM about some other sci fi shows so we don't take up this topic. Or look to see if it's a thread.

• Thumb up 1

If the JD Vance memes get 100k people nationwide to vote for Kamala.... count me in!! 

BRB while I go photocopy some pages of his book and do something neferious.  We had Swift Boats and other BS campaigns before now.  

Edited by Fergasun
Orginally I said "vote against Kamala"
  • Thumb up 1