Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

RNC could rescind Trump's nomination if he gets convicted of a felony: experts

Would the Republican Party stick with former President Donald Trump in 2024 even if he gets convicted on felony charges?

Experts who spoke with The Guardian suggested that it's possible the GOP would find a way to back out of making Trump its nominee if he becomes a convicted felony ahead of the 2024 election.

American University history professor Allan Lichtman tells the publication that the Republican National Committee could simply vote to remove Trump from the ticket should he get convicted, which would open the door to another contender such as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Buffalo University political scientist Jacob Nieheisel didn't go so far as to predict the RNC would give Trump the boot, although he did say that a felony conviction would certainly be unwelcome news for the GOP, despite the fact that Trump supporters would "double down" on their support for him.

Click on the link for the full article

No way the GOP bails on Trump if he's the nominee, even if he's convicted prior to the election.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I just spent the last few days driving to Jax and back for a friend's retirement.  I saw a **** load of Trump and Jesus billboards the whole way

They were missing the ****, I'd wager.  (Really tempted to circumvent the filter here)

I was pointing out the lack of nasty anti-Trump paraphernalia. Not sure about anti-Jesus paraphernalia.  😶

37 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I just spent the last few days driving to Jax and back for a friend's retirement.  I saw a **** load of Trump and Jesus billboards the whole way.

I’ve made this drive 2-4 times a year for the last 25 years…and I’ll make it again on July 24th.

“****load” is a bit of an overstatement.  There’s like 5 Trumpy roadside displays/political billboards on the 900 miles between Richmond and Boca.  There’s no shortage of Jesus stuff going thru Kakalaki, but it’s always been that way.

10 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I’ve made this drive 2-4 times a year for the last 25 years…and I’ll make it again on July 24th.

“****load” is a bit of an overstatement.  There’s like 5 Trumpy roadside displays/political billboards on the 900 miles between Richmond and Boca.  There’s no shortage of Jesus stuff going thru Kakalaki, but it’s always been that way.

I think there was more than 5 but ****load is probably an overstatement for Trump billboards themselves but I was just grouping them all together.   Seemed appropriate but I didn't know it was always that way.

• Like 1

Trump may not be on that debate stage, but Tim Scott will.  It's entirely possible he just makes more sense then everyone on stage with him, and that's why donors are starting to drop DeSantis for him.

This shouldn't be a hard decision if it rolls into that, but I can totally see GOP staying with Trump even if convicted over potentially the Republicans first black nominee for president (and he's a moderate)...its like, you couldn't script a better off-ramp if you tried, but they still won't take it...

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's entirely possible he just makes more sense then everyone on stage with him,

I'd be surprised. It's going to be a mess. If Christie is there, he'll spend his time attacking Trump. Question is if/how the others defend Trump then. 

10 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I'd be surprised. It's going to be a mess. If Christie is there, he'll spend his time attacking Trump. Question is if/how the others defend Trump then. 

It's definelty gonna be a mess...

Christie knows he's not going to win, let alone win alone on just attacking Trump.  Scott making more sense then anyone else on stage in my eye doesn't mean he's going to also take the Christie path, I'm looking at what Youngkin did here in VA and act like he didn't exist until he took off his mask after the election like Cruise in Mission Impossible. 

Scott may be some combination of that where people don't look at him as a Trumper, says just enough to lockup more moderates then the rest of field, then if he's president becomes a blank check for the GOP to cash as much as they want with his pen and signature.

Really all Tim has to do is nothing stupid enough to keep him from being the last one standing with Trump as the moderate alternative so GOP does have to make the choice if Trump is convicted, there's no other way Scott can get the nomination from Trump right now.

Edited by Renegade7

4 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

From the times I heard Scott speak. I don't get where he'll make more sense than anyone else. Did you see him talking to Tucker recently? Not well received. 

In all fairness, none of them have been well received.

Pence was VP and doesn't even have enough signatures to make the first debate.  Nikki doesn't have the credential credibility Scott does either, and that's going to show up when it comes to any sort of specifics (and too bad for them both being from South Carolina because that would be an interesting ticket in context of the ****-bucket menu options of the field around them)

Again, just good enough doesn't necessarily equal good...

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

its like, you couldn't script a better off-ramp if you tried, but they still won't take it...

A better off-ramp was:

* The GOP (and right wing media) decides that Trump's campaign working with the former head of the KGB, and then firing the head of the FBI (two weeks after hailing him as a hero, for delivering Trump the win), is a problem.  

* Right wing media begins a campaign of "New York liberal was never a conservative to begin with."  

* GOP votes to remove Trump as President.  

* President Pence takes over, and runs in 2020 as an incumbent President.  

Remember how many took it?  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Larry said:

A better off-ramp was:

* The GOP (and right wing media) decides that Trump's campaign working with the former head of the KGB, and then firing the head of the FBI (two weeks after hailing him as a hero, for delivering Trump the win), is a problem.  

* Right wing media begins a campaign of "New York liberal was never a conservative to begin with."  

* GOP votes to remove Trump as President.  

* President Pence takes over, and runs in 2020 as an incumbent President.  

Remember how many took it?  

Good luck with that.

His supporters will decide the Right Wing Media was the real RINOs and only Trump and they are actually conservative. Nobody else.

They are basically Chappelle in this Jury Selection skit for R. Kelly

It's always going to be "where do we go from here" with GOP and how they ever get away from Trump...it's exactly right to point out what would've happened if X tried Y...it's always something...

The only reason this conversation is different to me now is Trump can't run the country as president from Jail...that may be only way out of it for them (outside of him dying)...it's always been one thing or the other why they pass up every off ramp that's come up in the past...

• Like 1

TFG is going to have so much stress from all of these trials, he's sure to have a stroke, a massive one. I had mine a couple of months coming off a proposal submission. My cousin who was a half year older died from a massive stroke a month after mine. 

I don't care how good of healthcare he's getting, his diet and riding around in golf carts aren't going to save him. I'm sure his blood pressure meds are pretty strong.