Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

@EmirOfShmo

... and once again the most important thing is that she will support "the Republican" if it is not her.  Even if it is Trump.  

..  actually she also said "we can't afford President Kamala Harris".  Cavuto didn't follow up with that "will Biden die"?  

If our judges are bought and paid for, certainly our politicians are.  I guess the difference between Haley/Pence/Scott and Ramaswamy is that Ramaswamy just decided fo buy/pay for himself.  But if you were buying/paying for yourself, why not sound more than 10% different from the other GOP members?

• Thumb up 3

Senate Candidate Karla May Blasts Hawley at First Campaign Event

After announcing her candidacy for the U.S. Senate over the weekend, State Senator Karla May (D-St. Louis) held her first campaign event downtown this afternoon. She used the opportunity to explain exactly why she felt called to run and take a few shots at incumbent Republican Senator Josh Hawley.

May opened her remarks stressing her lifetime connection to St. Louis, saying, "Like anyone who calls this city home, there have been days when this city has lifted my spirits and days when it has broken my heart." She spoke in front of the Civil Courts building with a lively group of about 30 supporters on the steps behind her holding signs that read, "Healing America Starts With Missouri."

May says her motivation to run stems from the country being "torn apart" by book bans, whitewashed history, a "supreme court stolen from the people," and laws being passed that she says are intended only to "codify fear and hate."

But May's foremost motivation seems to be to oust the man she hopes to take on in the general election in November, Hawley. May said her possible future opponent "must never be allowed to serve in the United States Senate again." She said Hawley violated his oath of office when he cheered on the January 6th insurrectionists "with his fist held before he turned on his heel and ran."

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Murdochs Start to Sour on DeSantis: ‘They Can Smell a Loser’

LESS THAN TWO months into Ron DeSantis’ declared run for president, his most important backers in conservative media are already starting to lose faith.

Since the beginning of the Biden presidency, the powerful Murdoch family has favored the Florida governor in the 2024 presidential primary, largely due to a conviction that DeSantis would be a more electable, and less chaotic, evolution from Donald Trump. But in recent weeks, the Murdochs have grown increasingly displeased with the DeSantis campaign’s perceived stumbles, lackluster polling, and inability to swiftly dethrone Trump, multiple sources tell Rolling Stone. They have also seriously questioned whether the governor is capable of defeating Trump in the 2024 GOP presidential primary. 

Billionaire media mogul Rupert Murdoch in particular has been voicing his doubts and frustrations in private discussions and calls, at times wondering if a DeSantis “comeback” is possible at this point. Murdoch is the longtime patriarch of the family that controls Fox News, the New York Post, The Wall Street Journal, and other media properties that are highly influential among conservatives. 

------------------------------------

Rupert Murdoch pushes new Hail Mary plan to break GOP's 'unhealthy' relationship with Trump: report

Following up on a report from Rolling Stone about Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch souring on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' presidential prospects, the New York Times is reporting that Murdoch is pushing for another Republican governor to enter the race.

According to the Times' sources, Murdoch "has privately told people that he would still like to see Gov. Glenn Youngkin of Virginia enter the race" despite the fact that such late entries do not have a history of success.

And despite the fact that Trump is currently dominating polls of Republican primary voters, the Times' sources say Murdoch believes Trump "is unhealthy for the Republican Party."

Click on th link for the full article

• Haha 2

I didn’t expect that to happen, I knew the money behind DeSantis, but had no idea how awful he’d do. 

I get people here don’t like him, and don’t really like republicans in general, but for me the goal was to get trump out and this is a setback towards that goal. 

16 minutes ago, China said:

According to the Times' sources, Murdoch "has privately told people that he would still like to see Gov. Glenn Youngkin of Virginia enter the race" despite the fact that such late entries do not have a history of success.

If anyone benefited from a terrible opponent who seemed to barely run for Governor, it was Youngkin. 

Here's the deal, Murdoch... as long as the 300lb Gorilla is breathing, he'll make sure that if it's not him, that he will destroy the other candidates in the same party. Even after a primary. Youngkin, Desantis, the Corpse of Abe Lincoln. He will do everything he can to make sure they don't win either. Fox or no Fox.

• Thumb up 2

49 minutes ago, tshile said:

I didn’t expect that to happen, I knew the money behind DeSantis, but had no idea how awful he’d do. 

I get people here don’t like him, and don’t really like republicans in general, but for me the goal was to get trump out and this is a setback towards that goal. 

I've been felt the only thing worse then Trump would be a Smart Trump.

DeSantis is a dumbass...pretty much everyone else running is a spineless twerp that Trump's base can see right through.

Yea, I do want to get away from the threat of Trump being back in office, but the idea of this clown being on the ticket from jail and the downballot carnage from it is almost too good to pass up.

Saving the GOP is actually going to require a conservative to do so, I'm not convinced there's many left in the GOP, jus a handful of moderates the base clearly doesn't want surrounded by a bunch of middle fingers.

In all honesty, the cult might not die until he does...it jus doesn't seem there's anyone that can exemplify the level of FU that Trump does while also somehow being electable for the white house.  it's nearly impossible to replicate because it's not supposed to work, huge reason no one seems to be close to dethrowning him.

So if GOP is gonna cannibalize themselves until they can't legally put his dead body on a ticket anymore (watch these bammas try at least  once) I don't even know how to help them.  If even Murdoch wants Trump gone but doesnt have the balls to complete 180 on him with his own platform, it's like we're all being forced to ride this nonsense out together.

We kinda need what they are trying to do right now to outright fail so badly they willingly give up on it and try Conservatism again...or I'm afraid they'll keep trying until they get it right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

We kinda need what they are trying to do right now to outright fail so badly they willingly give up on it and try Conservatism again

When was the last time they "tried Conservatism"?  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If even Murdoch wants Trump gone but doesnt have the balls to complete 180 on him with his own platform, it's like we're all being forced to ride this nonsense out together.

Even if he has the balls to instruct all his hosts, even prime time to go "Trump has been lying and fooling all of us. Fox and the voters...." and spend a majority of time breaking down how ****ty of a human and President Trump was. It wouldn't matter. They can't do anything to move the needle on this now. 

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Kansas with Brownback. 

State Gov nearly went broke and they had to raise taxes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yea, I do want to get away from the threat of Trump being back in office, but the idea of this clown being on the ticket from jail and the downballot carnage from it is almost too good to pass up.

This was the sentiment at trump winning the 2016 primaries and facing off against Clinton. 

I just can’t get behind it. He needs to be stopped as quickly as possible. 

And for what’s it’s worth - Biden didn’t do well down ballot against trump last time. 

30 minutes ago, Larry said:

Half the country is still conservative, I have serious reservations on there not being a conservative party anymore.

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

This was the sentiment at trump winning the 2016 primaries and facing off against Clinton.

I just can’t get behind it. He needs to be stopped as quickly as possible.

Even if you right, it ain't happening, so now what?

Clinton underestimated him, Biden didn't.

And for what’s it’s worth - Biden didn’t do well down ballot against trump last time

Trump wasn't in jail yet.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Half the country is still conservative, I have serious reservations on there not being a conservative party anymore.

Half the country votes Republican. Being conservative has seemingly little to do with it. Especially in their own lives. 

Seinfeld voice "and what are they conserving anyways? Water? Food? Trees? Money? What's the deal with conservatives?" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Half the country votes Republican. Being conservative has seemingly little to do with it. Especially in their own lives. 

Seinfeld voice "and what are they conserving anyways? Water? Food? Trees? Money? What's the deal with conservatives?" 

So are we saying half the country isn't conservative anymore, or they are conservative and voting for Trump.  I believe it's both, and once he's gone and if someone doesn't fill his vacuum properly, they'll still be conservative.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Half the country says they're conservative.  

And votes for Donald Trump.  

Just now, Renegade7 said:

So are we saying half the country isn't conservative anymore, or they are conservative and voting for Trump.  I believe it's both, and once he's gone and if someone doesn't fill his vacuum properly, they'll still be conservative.

I'm wondering when they were really conservative beyond just in name last. Measuring in decades. I don't know. 

Trump puts Iowa victory at risk with attack on GOP governor

Former President Trump is taking a risk in targeting Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds (R), picking a fight with an influential and well-liked figure in the first state on next year’s GOP presidential primary calendar.

Trump narrowly finished second in the Iowa caucuses in 2016 but went on to win the GOP nomination, something he could easily repeat this cycle. However, an underwhelming performance in the Hawkeye State in 2024 could open the door to a viable challenger building momentum early in the primary calendar.

Trump, apparently irked by Reynolds’s recent appearances with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) and his wife, Casey, and triggered by a New York Times story highlighting the tensions between the former president and the governor, chastised Reynolds in a social media post Monday over whether she is being “neutral” in the primary process.

The Truth Social post was typical of Trump, who is quick to call out those he deems as insufficiently loyal. But the move left some in the state scratching their heads and may further alienate voters who were already considering an alternative heading into next year’s caucus.

“Forest Gump says, ‘stupid is as stupid does.’ My Mom says don’t call anyone, ‘stupid.’ So, I won’t. However, this isn’t smart. Iowa is wide open,” tweeted Bob Vander Plaats, head of The Family Leader, a major conservative group in Iowa.

• Haha 1

I'm not convinced we're on the same page concerning Conservatism, even from American political perspective.

Fascism is on the conservative end of the political spectrum, jus further right then we're used to here.

Half of the country can be conservative without half the country being fascist.

Edited by Renegade7