Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Presidential Election- 11/5/2024 : Prosecutor/Coach vs Felon/Couch *******

88Comrade2000

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Watching Kamala on CNN right now and I'm impressed by her poise and messaging

She seems like a very likable person unlike the opponent.

The Trump team was able to effectively pigeonhole Hillary in 2016 because the party had been building the narrative for 20+ years. With Kamala, two things are different--

1) She gets to set the tone for who she is.  Republicans don't have two decades to lay the groundwork

2) Younger voters aren't buying the narratives that Republicans like to feed them about shrill unlikeable career women.  Gen Z and younger Millennials are perfectly comfortable with accomplished women.  In fact if someone does have a problem with accomplished women, they see it as a sign of insecurity.  (Mind you when I talk about Gen Z and younger Millennials, that's every voter between 18 and ~35 years old).

Kamala will be well positioned to go after Trump in the debates and it'll be hilarious. Not only will it help her with a key demographic, but the optics of Trump getting beat down by a black woman won't go well with his 'Alpha Male' demographics.  Unfortunately, Hillary had to basically debate him with one arm tied behind his back.  He got to say the most vile things on earth and he she had to not be too mean to him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

The Trump team was able to effectively pigeonhole Hillary in 2016 because the party had been building the narrative for 20+ years. With Kamala, two things are different--

1) She gets to set the tone for who she is.  Republicans don't have two decades to lay the groundwork

2) Younger voters aren't buying the narratives that Republicans like to feed them about shrill unlikeable career women.  Gen Z and younger Millennials are perfectly comfortable with accomplished women.  In fact if someone does have a problem with accomplished women, they see it as a sign of insecurity.  (Mind you when I talk about Gen Z and younger Millennials, that's every voter between 18 and ~35 years old).

Kamala will be well positioned to go after Trump in the debates and it'll be hilarious. Not only will it help her with a key demographic, but the optics of Trump getting beat down by a black woman won't go well with his 'Alpha Male' demographics.  Unfortunately, Hillary had to basically debate him with one arm tied behind his back.  He got to say the most vile things on earth and he she had to not be too mean to him.

Do you believe Trump will actually debate her?

19 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

You give way too much credit to people. Do you realize why people like Andrew Tate are so popular?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

You give way too much credit to people. Do you realize why people like Andrew Tate are so popular?  

Andrew Tate preys on insecure men who feel like they don't matter in modern society.  They, by definition, are outliers.  I'm not saying they don't exist, but they're literally proof that the world has matured and some people haven't.

• Like 2

Well hopefully Harris doesn’t change her accent depending on her audience and make weird comments that come through as totally unbelievable like carrying hot sauce around 

inauthentic is a super hard way to win votes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well hopefully Harris doesn’t change her accent depending on her audience and make weird comments that come through as totally unbelievable like carrying hot sauce around 

inauthentic is a super hard way to win votes. 

Agreed. I was kind of saying the same thing about Biden and his politician voice. I always thought he was at his best when he was speaking in a more somber, reflective tone instead of raising his voice and yelling. I know politicians feel they have to get loud to rouse the crowd at the end of a speech but I've always hated it lol. 

• Like 2

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to Presidential Election 2024: 11/5/24- Prosecutor vs Felon

So here is what I think about a few things, I'm going to hold my negative thoughts to myself for now, now is the time to embrace a historical moment.

1. I like that the Dems and the media FINALLY give Joe Biden some dignity, I clearly don't like the way he was treated, but I'm glad they didn't kick him while he was down. It sounds like they're really pumping him up so he can at least walk out with his head held high. I'm not sure if they mean it, but at least they're doing it for him.

2. I keep hearing that maga is scared, I saw some of the clips, I don't think they're scared. Now, I did have some time to pick the brain of a maga chud today, he repeated all of the things I heard Stephen Miller say on tv. Yes, they're a bit...flustered, but in their mind, they had it easy with Biden. Just pick on his age or mention Hunter and you've won the election. Now, they have to start all over, they're going to throw anything and everything at the wall to see if it sticks. "Oh, she's DEI, she's a woman, she slept her way to the top, she's an immigrant, she giggles, she has no children, etc". I have to admit, watching them squirm and fail is great.

3. This isn't set in stone yet, but no primary...please. I like that Biden gave her a full endorsement, we can't afford anymore chaos.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

3. This isn't set in stone yet, but no primary...please. I like that Biden gave her a full endorsement, we can't afford anymore chaos.

They'd be ****ing stupid after the day of fundraising she just had.

Now they just need to keep that momentum going all the way through November somehow.  

Isn't it wild that the assassination attempt seems like a fart in the wind?  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It wasn't politically motivated...at least so far as they can tell.  Its the next evolution of school shooting.  So he gets what all victims of school shootings get, thoughts and prayers and move along 'cause second amendment.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

They'd be ****ing stupid after the day of fundraising she just had.

Now they just need to keep that momentum going all the way through November somehow.  

I honestly don't think anyone would be stupid enough to try and challenge her, anyone who is serious. 

I'm not shocked by it at all, Americans have short memories...and people don't like feeling sorry for Trump so they won't do it for very long. We don't even need to keep up momentum, we just don't have to trip over our own feet. When Trump slips up and you know he will, pounce on him. I doubt he'll debate her, she'll have to take her shots where she can get them.

• Like 2

Just now, Jabbyrwock said:

It wasn't politically motivated...at least so far as they can tell.  Its the next evolution of school shooting.  So he gets what all victims of school shootings get, thoughts and prayers and move along 'cause second amendment.

And if Biden was there instead, he would’ve been killed and Kamala would be President.

Just now, Simmsy said:

I honestly don't think anyone would be stupid enough to try and challenge her, anyone who is serious. 

I'm not shocked by it at all, Americans have short memories...and people don't like feeling sorry for Trump so they won't do it for very long. We don't even need to keep up momentum, we just don't have to trip over our own feet. When Trump slips up and you know he will, pounce on him. I doubt he'll debate her, she'll have to take her shots where she can get them.

Just about the entire party is endorsing her. She should have enough pledged delegates by Wednesday.

She’s meeting with Dem leaders tomorrow. I expect Jeffries and Schumer to endorse then. Obama will wait until the end to endorse her.

There won’t be anyone of consequence running against her.

19 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

That was my thought, give them back the insincerity like they give out at mass shootings. I don't feel anything condolence wise for that guy

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

That was my thought, give them back the insincerity like they give out at mass shootings. I don't feel anything condolence wise for that guy

My statement wasn't  meant to be taken as aspirational of how we should be as a society, but rather a sad observation about how we are.

I'm afraid I have to admit I still feel horrified that someone shot at Trump, and even more horrified that someone in the crowd got killed.  Just as everytime the gun control thread pops to the surface my heart drops.  I wish our culture didn't forget these things so readily...but when it doesn't directly effect individuals it seems to evaporate, as Spiff said, like a fart in the wind.  We have become entirely to inured to this stuff.

• Like 2

I think I've seen Kamala smile more times today than I've seen Trump smile in the last 8 years.  She's a happy warrior.  She's exactly what we need.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Sounds good to them, but he ain't fightin, he'll be hidin...

10 hours ago, Skins24 said:

Been trying to visualize Putin or Shing Shing Pee pretending to respect Harris or Trump.

And, I can't. Because they won't. They won't even pretend.

And that is terrifying....

You think Putin respected this dude?

RDT_20240722_2214212577740800746880697.jpg.f205d242fa326defecf58be740eabf83.jpg

They don't respect anyone, that's Putin and Winnie the Pooh's problem...