Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Basketball

PleaseBlitz

Got a lot of NC State family, happy to see this run. 

3 minutes ago, Forehead said:

George Mason did it better.

But this is always the correct answer.  Took out UNC, Michigan State and UConn.  IIRC, those were three teams in the previous seasons Final Four. 

This little #11 is playing some tough defense on Clark. Chasing her all over the court and still staying in front of her once she does get the ball.

Edited by CRobi21

15 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

This little #11 is playing some tough defense on Clark. Chasing her all over the court and still staying in front of her once she does get the ball.

I’ve been really impressed with some of these supporting players.

Women have better shot selection in college than the men’s game. Not saying they’re better players, but they put up much fewer garbage floaters against two or three defenders. This is a good game. 

Iowa is winning but I feel like LSU will win. They seem to have a size advantage everywhere. 

32 minutes ago, Destino said:

Women have better shot selection in college than the men’s game. Not saying they’re better players, but they put up much fewer garbage floaters against two or three defenders. This is a good game. 

Iowa is winning but I feel like LSU will win. They seem to have a size advantage everywhere. 

I was wrong. Iowa managed to hold their lead. 

Nice to see recognizable players, a rivalry, and a strong crowd for the women’s game. 

42 minutes ago, Destino said:

there was a day before which women’s basketball was awful to watch. 

Im enjoying it now. They’re very technically sound. It’s not like the nba, or even college. Crisp passing, solid shot selection, it’s enjoyable to watch. 

idk how the wnba is but I’m thoroughly enjoying this seasons tournament. If I were to decide to show my team (youngin’s) footage on what basketball looks like when played properly, I’d probably choose stuff from this years women’s tournament…

• Like 3

I think coaching has gotten better in the womens game as well. 

I always enjoyed Tennessee with Pat Summit. (RIP)  She set a great example for a fabulous basketball acumen, being in touch with her players, and taking some heat.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, Destino said:

I was wrong. Iowa managed to hold their lead. 

Nice to see recognizable players, a rivalry, and a strong crowd for the women’s game. 

They made it more complicated at the end than it needed to be.   Whoever missed 2 Free Throws to allow the game to get to 8 is very thankful that didn’t get them into a position where it was a 2 possession game.

Because then anything can happen.  

LSU his some monster 3’s down the stretch to pull within striking distance, but they needed one more Iowa oopsy to actually give them a shot at the end.