Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Basketball

PleaseBlitz

people wre out there hating on Clark because she played in an era with a 3 pt shot while Pete Pistol didn't

That doesn't diminish her great accomplishments this year. She is the best player in women's college basketball right now

Yes my LSU tigers lost and I am not happy but give Iowa credit they outplayed em. Don't think Clark can beat Uconn or South Carolina either

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

people wre out there hating on Clark because she played in an era with a 3 pt shot while Pete Pistol didn't

That doesn't diminish her great accomplishments this year. She is the best player in women's college basketball right now

Yes my LSU tigers lost and I am not happy but give Iowa credit they outplayed em. Don't think Clark can beat Uconn or South Carolina either

Eh.  The thing Iowa has going for it is they can score virtually at will.  In the tournament, they have scored 91, 64, 89, and 94 points.  There was one outlier, otherwise they're basically scoring 90 a game. And against the best defensive team they faced, they scored their highest point total of 94.  And really should have had over 100.  They made the end of the game more complicated by missing free throws and blowing a rebound.  

South Carolina has scored 91, 88, 79, 70.  Still good, but decreasing as the competition has gotten tougher.  

NC State has scored 64, 79, 77, 76.

UCONN has scored 86, 72, 53, and 80.

Iowa's defense is sketchy. And they don't rebound well. But if they get to 90, which they have shown they can do in 3 of the 4 games, it's going to be really hard to beat them.

However, if Clark/the offense has an off-night, or the defense finds a way to slow them down, they could get smothered and blown out.

They can win one way: they have to score a whole lot of points.  They're not going to win a low-scoring game.  

My takeaway from Women's tournament this year is there's gonna be a coming in Flux of legit star personalities, not jus star talent, coming into the WNBA...

If a women's college basketball game got that many viewers, WNBA is in for a potential treat the next 2-3 years as these ladies become pros in major markets.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

The pool of officials for the Final Four was announced. Any thoughts? I've always respected Roger Ayers and thought he was among the best in the business. Wonder what game ol' "high knees" Anderson will get. He tossed Keatts earlier this season (he made a terrible call, Keatts rightfully argued and got teed up twice and ejected). Groover is the equalizer. He's known to cut home teams/heavy favorites down to size.

Happy that some of the usual suspects aren't gonna be there (John Higgins, Verne Harris, Ted Valentine). Here's the group:

Roger Ayers         Ron Groover

Michael Reed       Paul Szelc

Kipp Kissinger     Jeff Anderson

Patrick Adams     Marques Pettigrew

Terry Oglesby       Courtney Green

I thought LSU was just bigger, but Iowa is hilariously bad at rebounding. 

UConn’s offense is miles ahead of Iowa. They screen into screens, and their screeners have actions. 

Just now, Destino said:

Clark is kind of terrible off ball. You’d think someone so often compared to Steph, would be better moving without the ball. 

You are an insane person. She has scored more points off t……I don’t have to ****ing explain 

• Haha 1

It's really obvious to me that the Women's NCAA teams are much more exciting to watch than the NBA this time of year.

I never really paid much attention until the last few games but I usually get bored and turn off NBA games. Half the players lollygagging up and down the court. Maybe I've just been watching the wrong games though.

Edited by SkinsFTW

12 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's really obvious to me that the Women's NCAA teams are much more exciting to watch than the NBA this time of year.

I never really paid much attention until the last few games but I usually get bored and turn off NBA games. Half the players lollygagging up and down the court.

I like nba ball, and I’m excited for the playoffs, but I’m really enjoying this women’s tournament. Glad ESPN has given it so much press. 

I like the one shot earlier of Geno being yanked back onto the sideline by his female assistant coach. You don’t see that level of relationship professionally between men and women often. 

This is a great ****ing basketball game.