Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Basketball

PleaseBlitz

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39795254/lsu-mulkey-sue-washington-post-false-story-published

BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU coach Kim Mulkey threatened legal action against The Washington Post on Saturday, saying the paper has spent two years pursuing a "hit piece" about her and that it gave her a deadline to answer questions this past week while the defending national champion Tigers were preparing for the women's NCAA tournament.

"The lengths he has gone to try to put a hit piece together," Mulkey said of award-winning Post reporter Kent Babb, whom she did not mention by name. "After two years of trying to get me to sit with him for an interview, he contacts LSU on Tuesday as we were getting ready for the first-round game of this tournament with more than a dozen questions, demanding a response by Thursday, right before we're scheduled to tip off. Are you kidding me?

"This was a ridiculous deadline that LSU and I could not possibly meet, and the reporter knew it. It was just an attempt to prevent me from commenting and an attempt to distract us from this tournament. It ain't going to work, buddy."

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2024 at 12:00 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Also also kudos to Josh Eilert who inherited an impossible situation.  The team didn't do well on record but they did better than they probably should have. Excited to see who WVU can bring in as the new HC. Dusty May? Probably not. Maybe Mike Byington? Or Pat Kelsey? Niko Medved? 

DeVries from Drake.

• Thumb up 1

I haven't been following the tournament that much recently but I noticed this year several sites and articles repeatedly using the term "reseeding". What is this? Did the tournament start reseeding teams when it gets to 32? Doesn't this make filling out brackets obsolete and destroy the fan interaction of March Madness?

This quickly turned into the least interesting NCAA Tournament I can remember. Out of the remaining 16 teams, there are only three that are 5 seeds or worse. One was the national runner up last year and the other two are ACC teams. 

9 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

This quickly turned into the least interesting NCAA Tournament I can remember. Out of the remaining 16 teams, there are only three that are 5 seeds or worse. One was the national runner up last year and the other two are ACC teams. 

2019 had...1,2,3,4 in 2 regions, 1,2,3,5 in another region, and a 1,2,3,12 in the other region. 

32 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

2019 had...1,2,3,4 in 2 regions, 1,2,3,5 in another region, and a 1,2,3,12 in the other region. 

That year's boringness was overshadowed for me bc I am a Virginia fan :ols: 

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2024 at 2:33 PM, Fergasun said:

All the mid majors or less winning means there is more talent in the talent pool.... 

Houston, Purdue, UConn still alive

UNC, Tennessee, Arizona, Iowa St. too (smaller upset)

Duke, Gonzaga, St. Mary's, Utah St. as well (bigger upset)

South Carolina and Auburn out!

Arizona into the Sweet 16.

Houston, Purdue, UConn still alive

UNC, Tennessee, Arizona, Iowa St. too (smaller upset)

Duke, Gonzaga, as well (bigger upset)

St. Mary's and Utah St. Out!

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39811631/caitlin-clark-closes-home-career-iowa-defeats-west-virginia

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Caitlin Clark walked off the Carver-Hawkeye Arena court a winner for the last time Monday. But to do it, she and the Iowa Hawkeyes had to survive a nerve-wracking defensive battle and win the type of game they usually struggle with.

The highest-scoring team this season in Division I women's basketball (92.8 PPG coming into Monday's second-round game) had to fend off a West Virginia team that made Iowa work for every point it got. The Hawkeyes only scored one basket in the fourth quarter. But they're still moving on to the Sweet 16, and Clark and her fellow seniors said goodbye to a building they've filled all season long.

Iowa, the No. 1 seed in the Albany 2 Region, beat No. 8 seed West Virginia 64-54. C