Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Basketball

PleaseBlitz

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

That was an awful call. 

I thought so in real time, but on replay, yeah it’s a foul. She did the same thing a couple of possessions earlier on the baseline that freed up a corner three…that missed. UConn’s #3 blocks and drives the defender better than Wylie.

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I thought so in real time, but on replay, yeah it’s a foul. She did the same thing a couple of possessions earlier on the baseline that freed up a corner three…that missed. UConn’s #3 blocks and drives the defender better than Wylie.

You’re right. Watch the second video.

the second angle makes it look much more egregious. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

You’re right. Watch the second video.

the second angle makes it look much more egregious. 

It sucks because you want to see UConn take a shot there, but it definitely knocked 24 off of 5. There was a successful switch, but I think the ref is taking too much heat from ESPN.

25 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

It sucks because you want to see UConn take a shot there, but it definitely knocked 24 off of 5. There was a successful switch, but I think the ref is taking too much heat from ESPN.

It’s a great thing for women’s basketball that so many people are outraged about a late call. Twitter is alive with it. 

the refs will be fine. This is just another day for the them. The sun rises, fans hate their calls, the sun sets. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Officials should never insert themselves into the game like that, and certainly not at a time like that. But I guess they were consistent. Hawkeyes were whistled for 9 fouls, the Huskies for 18. 

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

UConn is a machine. Alabama brought max effort and hit a lot of shots, and it didn’t matter.

Alabama played great. And still lost by double digits. 

If Purdue’s PG plays like he did today, UConn by 20+.