Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, dunfer said:

Hes got till May 22 doesnt he? Not sure where i saw that, but if its true Dan will probably wait it out for bezos...i mean why not?

He has until the Harris bid expires.  Best guess is that’s before May 22.  But it’s impossible to know exactly.  My guess is it’s somewhere around the end of the month based on when the bid was reported.  

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Perez is sticking to by the owners meeting.  Bram and Sheehan think before the draft, will see. 

It's near $6B. Not sure it's quite above. Yet. But it won't take $200-$300M to get a deal done. From what I have heard, it's closer to half that range.

If true this would imply the gap between current bid and asking price of $6 billion is $100-150 million dollars meaning the total current bid is at least $5.85 billion dollars.

So Snyder's holding out for an increase of only 2.50% on a life changing deal!?!? 

Danny get off your butt, close this damn deal, take your ill gotten gains like a thief in the night and get out of our lives and minds forever!

Sheesh!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

This is just pure nonsense. Just because you think it’s been long enough doesn’t make it so. 

Bezos has the bankers who closed the last two NFL sales running the deal for him. The same ones who closed the Washington Post sale for him. When they tell him it’s go time that when he will close it. Dan will wait until then. The past 3 weeks have proven that fact. 

Just pointing out that almost nothing posted in this thread is fact. Your speculation on the timing of a possible bid by Bezos certainly isn't.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He has until the Harris bid expires.  Best guess is that’s before May 22.  But it’s impossible to know exactly.  My guess is it’s somewhere around the end of the month based on when the bid was reported.  

if the bid expires can they submit another...same or a lower bid? and then raise it if bezos comes in later?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Judigng by Bram's comment, the bid was around March 27th.

Bezos is on Bezos time. He aint going by any schedule but his own.

Snyder will hold this thing open as long as the Bezos possibility is on the table.

As long as he is willing to go quietly the NFL wont force the issue.

Truly sucks for the fans as we are the one's stuck in limbo, but judging by past sales and the Puck.com guy this is how thee kinda deals play out for guys like Bezos.

When it happens it happens. The important thing is that its happening.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Perhaps Bezos hasn't been on earth to submit his bid.

BlueOrigin_NewShepard_Launch.jpg

14 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

God I want Bezos so bad. Him and his phallic rocket ship.

What that thing called... it looks like "blue organ"... that some kinda freaky Avatar thing?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Bezos is on Bezos time. He aint going by any schedule but his own.

Snyder will hold this thing open as long as the Bezos possibility is on the table.

As long as he is willing to go quietly the NFL wont force the issue.

Truly sucks for the fans as we are the one's stuck in limbo, but judging by past sales and the Puck.com guy this is how thee kinda deals play out for guys like Bezos.

When it happens it happens. The important thing is that its happening.

I think this post nails it.

Most of the talk about timing is biased from the perspective of people who want the transaction to happen ASAP (i.e., we the fans). Bezos isn't on Snyder's clock, Dan is on Jeff's clock.

I'm sure there's some backchanneling with the Allen estate around the Seahawks, too, just to see where things stand there. That's a bit of a wild card in all this.

Digesting everything I can about this and its an unhealthy addiction. :ols:

I don't find anything to be optimistic or pessimisitc about Bezos in any definitive way.  Compelling arguments on both fronts when I've listened to it discussed by some who are covering the story, seems like there is slighty more pessimism than optimism about Bezos bidding but when its all said and done... obviously only Bezos knows what he's thinking.  So its speculation based on how people try to read the tea leaves.  

For me personally I prefer Harris but Bezos is a close runner up. I have no major rooting interest.  My only rooting interest is for Dan to sell and the douche is gone sooner than later.  So if its Harris or Bezos in the end who closes the nightmare quicker, I'd celebrate that no matter who it is.   Heck if its even Steven A, i'd celebrate.   

If Harris is the only legit bidder right now and if his offer indeed has an expiration date, you'd figure at that point before it expires, if no other action is taken, if Dan lets it expire it wouldn't make much sense.   So I'd love to know when Harris bid expires because that likey gives the time frame for Bezos to make an offer. 

Perez seems to be be suggesting that Snyder is asking for somewhere between 100 and 150 million more than the Harris offer.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dunfer said:

Hes got till May 22 doesnt he? Not sure where i saw that, but if its true Dan will probably wait it out for bezos...i mean why not?

IMPORTANT: this assumes the Schefter tweet is accurate.  Which is likely given the reporter.  But it’s also possible Schefty is being used.  

Listening to Liz Clarke on Keon’s podcast, she even said to tread lightly when considering any information which has specifics of the amounts or dates.  Keim concurred.  

• Like 3

Mods please advise if this is in violation and Ill get rid. I'm a huge soccer fan and have been following the Wrexham story the past couple of seasons. This interview with Ryan Reynolds after yesterdays game would be what I would wish for in an owner. What he and Rob McElhenny have brought to the Wrexham organization is fantastic. Only hope for something similar here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Sources close to the transaction have maintained that Dan Snyder would be wary, if not outright opposed, to selling to Bezos, given that the Bezos-owned Washington Post did several rounds of reporting on alleged widespread sexual misconduct within the organization.

That, combined with financial pressure after Snyder's minority investors sold their shares back, ultimately placed Snyder in his current position of needing to sell the team.

Given the high-stakes nature of the deal, though, it has always been in Snyder's best interest to portray Bezos as out of the picture, so that the other bidders would put their best foot forward.

With the bulk of that work completed, it is time for Bezos to jump in or claim his seat on the sideline. Either move would bring about the beginning of the end of the sale process.

The NFL owners gathered two weeks ago for their annual meeting, and though there had been hope that a buyer would be announced, there was little consternation among owners, and no discussion of voting Snyder out, which could be taken to mean they were confident a deal was imminent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Standings update :

76ers finish the season 54-28. Just 4 games back from having the best record in the entire NBA. A solid title contender.

Devils 50-22. One point out of first place and the third best record in the entire NHL. A solid title contender.

Washington football has not been a solid title contender since the 1900s

conclusion… Ownership matters.

Meanwhile, potential future Seahawks owner Jeff Bezos claims he played peewee football as a kid. And his girlfriend says she likes sports.

This really is a very easy choice people. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Standings update :

76ers finish the season 54-28. Just 4 games back from having the best record in the entire NBA. A solid title contender.

Devils 50-22. One point out of first place and the third best record in the entire NHL. A solid title contender.

Washington football has not been a solid title contender since the 1900s

conclusion… Ownership matters.

Meanwhile, potential future Seahawks owner Jeff Bezos claims he played peewee football as a kid. And his girlfriend says she likes sports.

This really is a very easy choice people. 😁

Hopefully Harris will reach out to Skip Hicks for a loan to assist with his team buying fund.

• Haha 1