Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

All over the internet, airwaves, telegrams,  and fax machines that Bezos is officially out!

Hip hip hooray!!!

Just a formality now guys. Harris/Rales have won the day and will be announced officially tomorrow!

Breaking: Hot rumors that Snyder went to Bezos' house and vaulted over the gate with a last ditch proposal. He didn't even make it to the doorway before Bezos released the hounds and gators.

image.png.5c459356b811fb32e2a0cca01697317d.png

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I admire the dedication to check in while at Costco...knowing that this is on your mind while you're trying free samples and negotiating that big ****ing shopping cart around old people who are lost in the aisles is commitment.  

I hope it doesn't come to that.

It's Dan ****ing Snyder.  Anyone really think getting rid of Dan would be nice and pretty?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

That's what I heard, that he has no choice but to sell because of that $400 million loan the NFL gave him to buy out the other minority owners.

The NFL gave him a debt waiver to exceed borrowing limits against the team. Not the actual money. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Bezos isn't bidding, then it's because of this: After looking at the books, his people told him it wasn't worth bidding. It's a bad investment. Also, his heart is probably with Seattle.

Why would his heart be in Seattle? I know that's where Amazon started, but what else?

Dan always manages to screw something up, I swear!

4 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

The commanders have among the lowest if not lowest resale ticket prices in the NFL and the lowest average attendance and percentage of stadium filled. A new stadium if it’s like Vegas or Sofi or other new ones will carry a PSL price of 25 to 50k per seat for lower level. Plus $3500 to $6K per seat per season for 10 games.

I don’t think that kind of demand exists. It’s going to take multiple years of winning to get people to commit to those numbers in my opinion. 

That's what will finally force us to give up our tickets.  We've come close, based on disgust and ****ty teams, but have held on.  PSL's will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The NFL gave him a debt waiver to exceed borrowing limits against the team. Not the actual money. 

He still has to pay it back. If he can’t afford fixing the stadium and has no liquidity in the team, he certainly can no longer avoid a personal, extended lawsuit against the league.

10 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Why would his heart be in Seattle? I know that's where Amazon started, but what else?

Because, didn't you hear, we're the ****ing dirt on the bottom of the rest of the league's shoes, and why would anyone of note want to buy this forever doomed franchise?

The only scenario this beaten fan base can envision is if we keep it quiet, boring, sterile, maybe in 20 years or so we will have turned it around back to borderline respectability.  Bezos being out serves to validate this woe-is-me outlook.  I prefer @SoCalSkins 's mad ravings to that attitude because at least it's not defeated.

Luckily, if this does mean Harris and Rales are a shoe-in, I doubt those guys come pre-defeated, so I'll take it.  This is the NFL, you can upend anything in a season or two as and when we don't have the 5000 pound anchor around our necks any more.  But goddamn it would be nice that once we move to that place, check the self-pity at the door for a while.

Edited by Bifflog

Harris was my 1A, Bezos 1B.  So if Harris ends up with the team am happy.    

Bezos out doesn't make me celebrate in the context of him not getting the team. I was cool with him, I thought he had more red flags than some others thought but aside from that I'd love to have that kind of money in the mix. 

But I am glad that he's out, if its true because of one reason, I've gotten the impression that he was holding up the sale, Dan waiting for him to make a decision.

but I guess will see.  Hopefully the mysterious bidder also makes a decision soon, lets get this over with. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This was Bezos giving one last **** you to Snyder, by signaling to the Harris/Rales group to stand firm on their bid and not to up it by a penny.

Yeah the irony is, if this is true, this really screws Dan with leverage in his stalemate with the one bidder.  Unless Harris just says screws it lets get this done now at 6 and put it to rest.

• Like 2

Breaking News:

After today's confirmation that Bezos will not submit a bid SoCal has voluntarily committed himself to a sanitarium until he feels better.

Let's all wish him well.

image.png.ead1fbf996fdf3ba26cd2aca064fda30.png

"Ha ha ha ha ha! Bezos buying the team is a done deal! He's waiting to the end to make his bid. It's all part of the master plan tee hee hee! Don't you see?"

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 15

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Harris was my 1A, Bezos 1B.  So if Harris ends up with the team am happy.    

Bezos out doesn't make me celebrate in the context of him not getting the team. I was cool with him, I thought he had more red flags than some others thought but aside from that I'd love to have that kind of money in the mix. 

But I am glad that he's out, if its true because of one reason, I've gotten the impression that he was holding up the sale, Dan waiting for him to make a decision.

but I guess will see.  Hopefully the mysterious bidder also makes a decision soon, lets gets this over with. 

Totally agree. This kind of posturing game has had more than enough time to play out IMO. Get on with it now. 

• Like 1

I don’t think Bezos was holding up the sale. I think his people read the books, everyone associated with the process told him “Man, **** this team!” and Snyder’s surrogate/s kept putting his name out there to drum up bids.

Bezos has DoD/IC contracts, would like more and won’t blab about any NDA’s he has signed. Even if he intends not to bid.

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Totally agree. This kind of posturing game has had more than enough time to play out IMO. Get on with it now. 

Be interesting to see how it plays out now.

If Dan was pushing Harris by saying Bezos might bid, that leverage is gone.   Steven A supposedly doesn't have the money.  And the  "mystery" potential bidder according to Bram hasn't put in a bid based on what he heard.

I do think the wildcard in all of this is Dan is stupid and at times enacts stupid strategies that he assumes will work because he thinks others are even more stupid than him -- so who knows what his tiny brain is thinking. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Be interesting to see how it plays out now.

If Dan was pushing Harris by saying Bezos might bid, that leverage is gone.   Steven A supposedly doesn't have the money.  And the  "mystery" potential bidder according to Bram hasn't put in a bid based on what he heard.

I do think the wildcard in all of this is Dan is stupid and at times enacts stupid strategies that he assumes will work because he thinks others are even more stupid than him -- so who knows what his tiny brain is thinking. 

I reckon if the bid really is at the 5.8 to 5.9B mark, there is no way Dan let’s that slip. It’s a 30% mark up on the Denver price. And this place is a **** storm. With potential. But still a **** storm. 

My prediction is that it’s all tied in with the timing of the league brushing the various outstanding pieces of dirt and controversy under the carpet.

• Like 4