Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

21 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Standings update :

76ers finish the season 54-28. Just 4 games back from having the best record in the entire NBA. A solid title contender.

Devils 50-22. One point out of first place and the third best record in the entire NHL. A solid title contender.

Washington football has not been a solid title contender since the 1900s

conclusion… Ownership matters.

Meanwhile, potential future Seahawks owner Jeff Bezos claims he played peewee football as a kid. And his girlfriend says she likes sports.

This really is a very easy choice people. 😁

I read somewhere Bezos was more of a trekkie than anything else hobbies wise growing up, forgot where I read it. I just googled it and I came up with this.  But apparently his girlfriend has spiked his interest in football even more.  Odd dyanmic hanging with her a lot and her ex-husband Tony Gonzalez.

https://www.geekwire.com/2016/jeff-bezos-alien-star-trek-beyond-amazon/

In a Twitter update, Bezos said the “Star Trek” appearance checked off an item on his bucket list. He also gave a shout-out to director Justin Lin, the cast and the crew.

Bucket list. Cast, crew and Justin Lin @trailingjohnson were amazing. #StarTrekBeyond https://t.co/VJ95D8pQeK

— Jeff Bezos (@JeffBezos) July 20, 2016

The feeling was mutual.

“He was awesome,” Lin told The Associated Press. “It was like a president was visiting, you know? He had a big entourage! But it didn’t matter because he was so into it. He had to wait around all day because it was one day we were shooting like three different scenes and, it was also credit to Jeff because … he just nailed it every time.”

Edited by Skinsinparadise

7 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

This really is a very easy choice people. 😁

Wrong, there is no choice. It's already been made. Jeff Bezos already owns the team. He's owned it since week 3 of last season. Every owner in the NFL knows it, and that's why they haven't voted Dan Snyder out yet. Jeff had an amazing, brilliant plan for taking over the team and it's coming to fruition. Bezos is pulling one over on Josh Harris because he already spent $20 billion acquiring the team last year, something Harris can only pout and cry about when he finds out. But he's not going to find out yet. Not until it's the last day. The reason he's doing it like this is because he's cool. He's sleek, he's modern, he's sexy, he makes Josh Harris look like a child. Harris has hair. 99.9% of bad owners have hair. Bezos has none. Bezos is a demi-god. He even gave me free 1 day shipping on my coffee mug that says "Bezos is a demi-god."

Bezos is going to be build a stadium on the moon. Can Harris do that? Of course not, Harris can't afford a bus trip to the Washington monument if he's starting from the air and space museum, where he's looking at an exhibit of Bezos looking sleek and sexy and wealthy in front of his space ship.

Bezos is a mastermind playing a children's game. He's toying with people because that's the mark of a great owner. You'll be crying in shame when you don't get invited to tour the Bezos moon base because you didn't acknowledge the superiority and wealth of Jeff Bezos, demi-god among men. I'll mail you a "wish you could be here" t-shirt. With my free 1 day shipping. Because I kissed the ring before any of you did.

Losers.

MERa2aa252ee422d87e1b95194567c01_bravo0627-1024x682.jpg

• Haha 10

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Wrong, there is no choice. It's already been made. Jeff Bezos already owns the team. He's owned it since week 3 of last season. Every owner in the NFL knows it, and that's why they haven't voted Dan Snyder out yet. Jeff had an amazing, brilliant plan for taking over the team and it's coming to fruition. Bezos is pulling one over on Josh Harris because he already spent $20 billion acquiring the team last year, something Harris can only pout and cry about when he finds out. But he's not going to find out yet. Not until it's the last day. The reason he's doing it like this is because he's cool. He's sleek, he's modern, he's sexy, he makes Josh Harris look like a child. Harris has hair. 99.9% of bad owners have hair. Bezos has none. Bezos is a demi-god. He even gave me free 1 day shipping on my coffee mug that says "Bezos is a demi-god."

Bezos is going to be build a stadium on the moon. Can Harris do that? Of course not, Harris can't afford a bus trip to the Washington monument if he's starting from the air and space museum, where he's looking at an exhibit of Bezos looking sleek and sexy and wealthy in front of his space ship.

Bezos is a mastermind playing a children's game. He's toying with people because that's the mark of a great owner. You'll be crying in shame when you don't get invited to tour the Bezos moon base because you didn't acknowledge the superiority and wealth of Jeff Bezos, demi-god among men. I'll mail you a "wish you could be here" t-shirt. With my free 1 day shipping. Because I kissed the ring before any of you did.

Losers.

MERa2aa252ee422d87e1b95194567c01_bravo0627-1024x682.jpg

Women want him, men want to be him. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On another note, and again for those who don't want to know what Sheehan and Bram are thinking please don't read this post versus shooting the messenger.  Some are interested, some are not, I don't care one way or another but i'll share with those who are interested.

Sheehan's, most recent podcast.

A. Less confident that it happens sooner than later than he was previously

B.  He basically flat out said his optimism that this would be done sooner than later was from the Harris camp.

C. But they now feel like they are being slow rolled, and Dan is trying to leverage the one legit bid he has right now the best he can

D. Fretiita is out

E.  He's been insistent the Harris bid is less than 6 billion.  But its the only firm bid they have.

F.  Wants Bezos to bid or pose the threat of him to have Harris bid more.

G.  Recently got a text from someone he trusts who just said "Snyder is pulling a Snyder"

Just on an aside, if we are running with what Perez is saying then Snyder is holding out for 100-150 million more than what Harris offered.  If so feels like a standoff of Dan insisting on 6 billion and Harris insisting on not 6 billion.  If so that comes off a bit odd.

Bram radio segment

A.  Also heard Fretita is out.

B.  Heard what Perez did which is Steven A. doesn't have the money yet.

C.  His gut is he doesn't think Bezos is likely the wildcard as for coming in with a late bid but doesn't rule it out.  He thinks the more likely wildcard is the mysterious under the radar bidder, which he believes is someone from the finance world -- tied to a hedge fund who hasn't bid yet but might.  Keim is the other one who from time to time talks about the mystery bidder.   That's about it as to mystery bidder mentions aside from Rick Snider but all Snider does is parrot other reports especially from Keim.

D.  He's heard that the Harris group really really wants it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

D.  He's heard that the Harris group really really wants it.

If they 'really really want it' they up their bid by say $100M but put a hard deadline on taking the increased offer or the whole bid is withdrawn. Someone needs to create a compelling event here to bring this to a conclusion. Always a risk it blows the deal up - but if Snyder still holds out after an increased offer the deal is probably not there to be done.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If they 'really really want it' they up their bid by say $100M but put a hard deadline on taking the increased offer or the whole bid is withdrawn. Someone needs to create a compelling event here to bring this to a conclusion. Always a risk it blows the deal up - but if Snyder still holds out after an increased offer the deal is probably not there to be done.

Agree. Maybe they can bring in one more minority investor and get it up to 6 billion for one final offer.

At some point Harris will tell Snyder to shove it up his ass and if if Bezo's doesn't put in a bid Dan might be held holding the bag. Subsequent offers will be for less. Unless there really is a mystery bidder still out there. Dan cant afford this to carry on in to the season. He has to sell, he has no choice.  He keeps screwing around he will lose out altogether on the Harris offer which may just be as high as anyone is willing to pay. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

At some point Harris will tell Snyder to shove it up his ass and if if Bezo's doesn't put in a bid Dan might be held holding the bag. Subsequent offers will be for less. Unless there really is a mystery bidder still out there. Dan cant afford this to carry on in to the season. He has to sell, he has no choice.  He keeps screwing around he will lose out altogether on the Harris offer which may just be as high as anyone is willing to pay. 

This would be the Ultimate Snyder scenario...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Harris should tell Danny that the bid drops by 100 mil every day starting on April 15th, tax day. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

That's the point when the league will step in and someone gets the team for considerably less than Danny Boy is holding out to get. His finances say he cannot keep this team. He's just delaying the inevitable.

• Thanks 1

Craig Hoffman brought up a decent point yesterday. What if the league has stepped in and asked Bezos not to submit a bid for the team so Harris can finally get his shot and just wait on Seattle. 

I don't think that's actually what's happening, but if that ever comes to light I'm going to be livid!

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Craig Hoffman brought up a decent point yesterday. What if the league has stepped in and asked Bezos not to submit a bid for the team so Harris can finally get his shot and just wait on Seattle. 

I don't think that's actually what's happening, but if that ever comes to light I'm going to be livid!

Not attacking the messenger just the message.

On the face of it, this seems an absurd and highly unlikely scenario.

I can’t imagine anyone convincing a supreme narcissist like Bezos NOT to bid on anything, if he really wanted to buy it.

And quite frankly, if the league did this, and it could be proved, the ultra-litigious Snyder (perhaps for the first time in his life) would have a legitimate cause of action to sue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Yeah if all of this stuff is true, that's what i would do in their shoes, I'll give you 6 billion but you have to take the offer, and its over, otherwise my offer expires. 

I just listened to Michael Phillips who has been covering the sale.  He said he heard what Sheehan did which is this is an overpay for whomever gets this team.  Sheehan referred to hearing they think its a signficant overpay and potential bidders earlier in the process dropped out for that reason.

Bram on his show opined that the open lawsuits don't help matters because it adds a variable of uncertainty to the process.  I'll give some credit to Gutman, the Commanders fan, ex-ambassador, famous attorney, who said months ago on Sheehan's podcast these lawsuits are more likely to hinder then help the sale. 

My point is if Harris thinks its an overpay, knows he's the only serious bidder, and you have these lingering lawsuits -- you'd think he'd have a breaking point or as @Voice_of_Reason says any offer regardless has an expiration date.   I'd guess maybe Dan will push it to that expiration date, and hope Bezos bids during that time or Harris blinks and gives him more. Feels like Harris might be willing to test that, too

When Sheehan's source text'd him that is "Dan Snyder doing a Snyder" he mentioned the point in a way that it clearly wasn't a complement

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah if all of this stuff is true, that's what i would due in their shoes, I'll give you 6 billion but you have to take the offer, and its over, otherwise my offer expires. 

I just listened to Michael Phillips who has been covering the sale.  He said he heard what Sheehan did which is this is an overpay for whomever gets this team.  Sheehan referred to hearing they think its a signficant overpay and potential bidders earlier in the process dropped out for that reason.

Bram on his show opined that the open lawsuits don't help matters because it adds a variable of uncertainty to the process.  I'll give some credit to Gutman, the Commanders fan, ex-ambassador, famous attorney, who said months ago on Sheehan's podcast these lawsuits are more likely to hinder then help the sale. 

My point is if Harris thinks its an overpay, knows he's the only serious bidder, and you have these lingering lawsuits -- you'd think he'd have a breaking point or as @Voice_of_Reason says any offer regardless has an expiration date.   I'd guess maybe Dan will push it to that expiration date, and hope Bezos bids during that time or Harris blinks and gives him more. Feels like Harris might be willing to test that, too

When Sheehan's source text'd him that is "Dan Snyder doing a Snyder" he mentioned the point in a way that it clearly wasn't a complement

You got me thinking, what if Dan doesn't really want to sell and finds reasons to not accept any bids then goes back to the other owners and said "nobody met my asking price"?

It seems like if the bids he has now are an overpay then he is fooling himself by not taking the best offer? Is he getting cold feet? Who knows? Maybe if Harris threatens to withdraw the bid by a certain date then the other owners would start pressuring the Dan to get moving and pull the trigger? All speculation for sure.

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

It would be vintage Snyderish to mishandle his hand and have Harris pull his bid, Bezos never bids and he has to sell the team to Steve A for 5 billion.  It would fit how they did trades and managed assets with the team.

As Danny Rouhier likes to half joke we wouldn't be here today if Bruce Allen sent Dan a congratulations text for hiring Rivera -- the house of cards was pushed some on something that petty.  Bruce Allen email leaks followed -- Gruden departure -- revived the issue with the media -- helped lead to a Congressional investigation

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You got me thinking, what if Dan doesn't really want to sell and finds reasons to not accept any bids then goes back to the other owners and said "nobody met my asking price"?

It seems like if the bids he has now are an overpay then he is fooling himself by not taking the best offer? Is he getting cold feet? Who knows? Maybe if Harris threatens to withdraw the bid by a certain date then the other owners would start pressuring the Dan to get moving and pull the trigger? All speculation for sure.

There were a small minority of people covering this story who felt that was possible early in the process that it was a ruse.  But the consensus of those covering this story closely is Dan is selling.  Billion in debt is a major reason why.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Schefter reported again on NFL Live yesterday that the prevailing feeling around the league is that Snyder will have a signed sale agreement by the draft. 

I know this isn’t Schefter’s area of expertise, but he’s very rarely wrong. 

That's in such contrast to everyone else who's been credible, though. I hate this.

7 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

That's in such contrast to everyone else who's been credible, though. I hate this.

Sheehan and Bram have said before the draft, too.  But felt like Sheehan pulled back a little today on that -- Sheehan's best source to the timing on this he hinted is to the Harris team.

Sounds like worst case scenario its before the May meeting.

Schefter had the 6 billion bid, Sheehan said he heard less than 6 at the time.  So maybe its a good omen that they both agree about the timing albeit Sheehan seemed more uncertain on it today

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan and Bram have said before the draft, too.  But felt like Sheehan pulled back a little today on that -- Sheehan's best source to the timing on this he hinted is to the Harris team.

Sounds like worst case scenario its before the May meeting.

Schefter had the 6 billion bid, Sheehan said he heard less than 6 at the time.  So maybe its a good omen that they both agree about the timing albeit Sheehan seemed more uncertain on it today

Would be pretty funny to see Magic Johnson in our draft war room on draft night...high fiving everyone after our pick. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

It's going to be the Harris Group. Probably sometime in May. Snyder is just...being Snyder.

Patience boys and girls. Patience.

Nah. It’s heading for the owners to vote him out and a protracted legal battle.

Harris will pull his bid. Bezos will either not bid or only bid between 5 - 5.5 billion. Dan will pout and say the team is off the market until he gets a solid bid for the amount he wants. Nfl owners will vote him out and the legal battle plays out.

This is the way this ends because it’s Dan Snyder.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2