Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rivera referencing more about new ownership right now including running into one of the groups visting thre facility, between that and Wright referencing new ownership, for the optimists about this happening, which is most of us here, its a good day

Listening deeper and deeper into this, Ron basically coming off like the sale is happening, he does't push back on questions relating to it which he's getting in different forms.

I get a sense listening to him, he's been much more frustrated with the last 3 years of distractions than he's been projecting.  Even though new ownership might cost him his job, he sounds excited about it.  LOL

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I get a sense listening to him, he's been much more frustrated with the last 3 years of distractions than he's been projecting.  Even though new ownership might cost him his job, he sounds excited about it.  LOL

Yeah his default answer to that is heck that's what he's used to constant distractions, it's old hat/comes with the turf.

They gave him give or take 8 times to shoot down the idea of new owners and emphasize "if" and he didn't go there even once, he ran with the premise of new owners each time including he'd need to brief them on their plans, etc.

I think the other thing I get from him is he's VERY aware that the national media thinks that the team is "meh" and he's a fool to run with Howell -- and he's thinking we will just see, he will take the arrows before the season but expects that they will surprise people

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Only Dan knows where we really are, at this point.

All Martin, Ron, etc… can do is proceed as normal.  They do know that a new owner can completely change direction. They also know that this season is an audition to remain on the job.

Dan being Dan,will drag this out until he gets what he wants.

Also, the nfl can’t give Dan indemnity from  prosecution. If Dan committed federal crimes or state crimes; no one can shield him from that.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

4 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Nah those signing bonuses are due in May.  I continue to hope that this gets wrapped up prior to the season starting.  

Has an owner ever bounced a check or just flat out refused to pay a player they signed?

Does the NFL even have contingencies for a cash poor litigious owner on the end of his tether who just maybe is at the point of going scorched earth **** em all I ain't paying another dime until I get exactly what I want and that's 7 billion dollars plus full indemnification for EVERY DAMN THING I DID!!!

Let them sue me if they want and I'll counter sue and drag this puppy out in the courts for years all while I'll just kkeep leaking every dirty little secret I've compiled on the commissioner, the other owners, their wives and their families, their girlfriends and all their filthy, disgusting, decadent proclivities over the years.

I will show them the true meaning of vengeance.

If I go down we're ALL GOING DOWN TOGETHER!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

On another note I listened to Liz Clark on Galdi, she's one of the straggler pessimsts on the sale. 

The gist of it is she entertains the idea that Dan does sell.   She agrees that he has massive debt which is pressuing him to sell.  She explained something on that front which I now understand better.  The 450 million debt waiver from the league bascially allowed him to go over the maximum debt the owner is allowed by the league, he clearly was already at that max, but he added an additional 450 million beyond being maxed out.  Hence the stories about him being a billion plus in debt.

Her theory is Dan doesn't want to sell even though he likely has to for money reasons but what he could so is wait it out for the NFL to change their rules to allow minority equity investors where its an investment group who combine as one bidder like the NBA allows which would infuse some cash poor teams with needed cash.  So she speculated that Dan drags this out even for years if needed until those rules change and then he's saved financially by an investment group

That sounded wildly far fetched to me.  I'd put more stock in it if I heard something remotely similar from anyone else but I haven't.

When and if a new ownership group formally takes over the Washington Commanders, it will inherit a team that has hemorrhaged supporters across the Washington area, a fan base that wants a new stadium built in the District and a region that cites team owner Daniel Snyder as the biggest reason for the sharp decline in interest in the franchise.

Fandom for Washington’s football team, the centerpiece of the sports conversation in the nation’s capital for decades, has plummeted across the region; 15 percent of Washington-area residents now call the Commanders their favorite professional sports team, according to a Washington Post-Schar School poll. In 2010, 31 percent of people across the region said the team, then known as the Redskins, was their favorite, far more than any other local pro team.

....An ownership change could have a profound effect on fandom across the region, as 56 percent of those who have become less interested in the Commanders say Snyder is the biggest reason. Another 20 percent blame the team’s on-field performance, and 14 percent cite the team’s name changes. Few point to ticket costs (3 percent) or FedEx Field (1 percent).

Addressing the team’s aging stadium will be a top priority for any new owner. Snyder has struggled for years to curry support for a new stadium and has attempted to pit government leaders in Maryland, Virginia and the District against one another as he’s explored potential sites for a new stadium.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On another note I listened to Liz Clark on Galdi, she's one of the straggler pessimsts on the sale. 

The gist of it is she entertains the idea that Dan does sell.   She agrees that he has massive debt which is pressuing him to sell.  She explained something on that front which I now understand better.  The 450 million debt waiver from the league bascially allowed him to go over the maximum debt the owner is allowed by the league, he clearly was already at that max, by an additional 450 million.  Hence the stories about him being a billion plus in debt.

Her theory is Dan doesn't want to sell even though he likely has to for money reasons but what he could so is wait it out for the NFL to change their rules to allow minority equity investors like the NBA allows which would infuse some cash poor teams with needed cash.  So she speculated that Dan drags this out even for years if needed until those rules change and then he's saved financially by an investment group

That sounded wildly far fetched to me.  I'd put more stock in it if I heard something remotely similar from anyone else but I haven't.

Even if Liz is correct. How does Dan ever show up to the stadium again? How does Tanya show her face anywhere there are fans? The amount of booing by the few fans willing to remain will be insane. He can’t relocate. The value of the team is tied to the region. I just can’t foresee them not selling a majority soon.

I fully expect a zombie share that can come back to life down the road, but they are done at this point. 

• Like 1

Ron Rivera: Commanders’ new owner could be a factor in Chase Young’s fifth-year option

We still don’t know for sure whether, when or to whom Dan Snyder will sell the Commanders. But Commanders head coach Ron Rivera dropped another hint today that those inside the building expect it to happen soon.

Rivera told reporters at the league meeting that the Commanders have not yet decided whether to pick up defensive end Chase Young‘s fifth-year option in part because a new owner could be a factor in whether the team is willing to guarantee significant money to Young for the 2024 season.

“It’s a very delicate situation,” Rivera said.

The Commanders’ free agent contracts have been structured in such a way that suggests that Snyder expects to sell the team fairly soon — and that he wants the new owner to be on the hook for the signing bonuses of this year’s free agent class.

The NFL deadline for teams to pick up fifth-year options is May 2, so the Commanders will have to decide fairly soon. But if they do pick up Young’s option, we don’t yet know which owner will be signing his paychecks in 2024.

Edited by FrFan

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Even if Liz is correct. How does Dan ever show up to the stadium again? How does Tanya show her face anywhere there are fans? The amount of booing by the few fans willing to remain will be insane. He can’t relocate. The value of the team is tied to the region. I just can’t foresee them not selling a majority soon.

I fully expect a zombie share that can come back to life down the road, but they are done at this point. 

Agree.  There aren't many people left covering this story who think he doesn't sell and I'd say as recently as maybe 2 months or so ago, there was a little bit more of i think he sells but maybe he doesn't.  Almost everyone says he's selling now.

Seems like the stragglers left on this have a theme like its the horror movie that never ends, Dan loves this team, but we will believe that he sells when he sells it, and why should the nightmare ever end?