Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

11 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

303 pages. 

No real concrete news.  Come oonnnnn already. 

This thread is 303 pages of glory! Just be patient a little bit longer. Remember, the day before this thread started we had pretty much lost all hope.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

He’d be the first one to want someone held accountable for making a mistake. 

Get’em Boys!

377128BC-EA88-407B-98FB-41D0CDACDF89.gif.dc9c9f9f146c4fd326da99e95931259d.gif

It a real as gravity and so is leverage.

Dan will likely receive some form of indemnification.

55 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Seems like there is a pattern here: Run a ****ty organization, deny, blame, seek indemnification.

image.png.69500e645934aacbc05f6bd85386b0c7.png

And I’ll say something that is sacrilege here.

The fact that Joe Gibbs has maintained a relationship with Dan… and has vouched for him repeatedly for potential hiring candidates…. has forever tainted my image/perspective of him. I no longer hold him with any reverence.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

The fact that Joe Gibbs has maintained a relationship with Dan… and has vouched for him repeatedly for potential hiring candidates…. has forever tainted my image/perspective of him. I no longer hold him with any reverence.

I’m not as heavy as you are on this, but I will say that it definitely taints my once never could be tainted view of him.

I like to pretend he’s entirely in the dark and only knows the fake Dan.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I have a feeling you're far from alone, but one of the few who has verbalized it.

There's no way Coach Gibbs was completely in the dark to any of Snyder's tomfoolery, but continued to have his back.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I have a feeling you're far from alone, but one of the few who has verbalized it.

There's no way Coach Gibbs was completely in the dark to any of Snyder's tomfoolery, but continued to have his back.

No question, it is a horrible look for him. There's no getting around it, unfortunately. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

This has crossed my mind several times in the past, guess I was hoping it was ignorant bliss on Joes part. Imagine if Gibbs had raised concerns about Dan years back. Could it have gotten the ball rolling sooner or at least made Dan step back and take a look at himself?

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not as heavy as you are on this, but I will say that it definitely taints my once never could be tainted view of him.

I like to pretend he’s entirely in the dark and only knows the fake Dan.

My take on Gibbs is he's so trusting and isn't cynical so he by nature gives people the benefit of the doubt.  And from what I heard as much as Dan is a douche to many people in that building he treats a few people like royalty -- which was the case with Gibbs and also I gather Bruce until it went south.

Gibbs also was a big Cerrato guy, i recall how much he touted him. 

• Thumb up 3

Cerrato and Dan gave Gibbs blank checks when it came to picking who he wanted on his team and who he'd trade for. He retired before the **** hit the fan. Of course he's going to say nice things. He's the only staff member to have a graceful exit.

• Thumb up 1

Gibbs was very good friends with Dwight Schar and introduced him to Dan. The falling out those guys had and Dan successfully getting Schar banned for life from ever owning a stake in NfL team and Gibbs still backs Dan is pretty schooling. However, I think Joe wants to be close to the fans and show up to events when he wants. I am sure he will show up to the new owners suite.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Cerrato and Dan gave Gibbs blank checks when it came to picking who he wanted on his team and who he'd trade for. He retired before the **** hit the fan. Of course he's going to say nice things. He's the only staff member to have a graceful exit.

Gibbs never struck me a phony though so I think it’s stronger than it being self serving.

His backing of Dan bordered on gushing 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gibbs never struck me a phony though so I think it’s stronger than it being self serving.

The final book when written on Dan could be a movie the likes of Wolf of Wall street.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

The final book when written on Dan could be a movie the likes of Wolf of Wall street.

Yeah his era and his story will almost for sure be documented when he's gone in a big way.

I typically hear he lives in a cocoon and while has a sense he is hated he probably doesn't know the extent of it.  When the parade happens, he might get it then.  and I bet that's how the movie-documentary ends.

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think it's phony either. I think Joe looks at it as Dan worshiping the ground Joe Gibbs walks on and never giving him or staff the melted vanilla treatment. When he's asked about Dan after riding off into the sunset, all he'd have to say of his experience with Dan is "I don't know about that other stuff, but when I was with Dan...". For better or for worse, I doubt Joe is the type to spread dirt that isn't his own about a person who never treated him with anything but respect.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I don't think it's phony either. I think Joe looks at it as Dan worshiping the ground Joe Gibbs walks on and never giving him or staff the melted vanilla treatment. When he's asked about Dan after riding off into the sunset, all he'd have to say of his experience with Dan is "I don't know about that other stuff, but when I was with Dan...". For better or for worse, I doubt Joe is the type to spread dirt that isn't his own about a person who never treated him with anything but respect.

Ah yes, the “OJ was always good to me” defense.

• Haha 3