Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If the owners said they have the votes now it would be collusion. They obviously have the votes. They have to pretend to have an open mind going into the hearing if it got to that point which it won’t. 

I dunno - there's something to be said for the suggestion that the owners are afraid to vote anyone out of the "club" because of the precedent it would set. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

I dunno - there's something to be said for the suggestion that the owners are afraid to vote anyone out of the "club" because of the precedent it would set. 

Maybe but it’s all a thought experiment at this point anyway. Dude is selling. 

• Like 3

All that's gonna to happen at the March owners meeting is an update on the sale, if Dan hasn't reached a sale then.   The NFL won't do anything against Dan at these meetings. Now, at the May meetings if there's no sale; they may force a removal vote.  I think they will give him time to see what happens.  They probably want to see if Bezos bids or not.

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

Just because Bezos has the ability to be the highest bidder, doesn't mean he will be the highest bidder.

I mean, yeah that’s technically correct. But if you wanted to buy a house for 1mil in a neighborhood that rarely has houses on the market (like one every 10 years) and your net worth was 20 million, you think you’re going to drop out of the bidding if it’s going to cost 1.2?  We’re talking about a guy who has a net worth 20 times the potential sales price here.

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

What's the reliability of this guy?  My trusted sources are pretty limited to Keim, Perez on this one, and my Ouija board's Insta.

6 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Rich people have 14 fireplaces for good reason. At least 12 of them are for incinerating incriminating documents. They don't hang on to them as mementos.

Nobody hangs onto fireplaces as mementos, idiot.

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

What's the reliability of this guy?  My trusted sources are pretty limited to Keim, Perez on this one, and my Ouija board's Insta.

Nobody hangs onto fireplaces as mementos, idiot.

I don't know and after my AAron debacle in the FA thread, I have no confidence in this one either.

1 hour ago, seantaylor=god said:

I mean, yeah that’s technically correct. But if you wanted to buy a house for 1mil in a neighborhood that rarely has houses on the market (like one every 10 years) and your net worth was 20 million, you think you’re going to drop out of the bidding if it’s going to cost 1.2?  We’re talking about a guy who has a net worth 20 times the potential sales price here.

I think you misunderstood what spearfather meant.

If you believe this house is worth 1M are you gonna spend 1.5 or 2M on it even if you're worth 50M?

Usually you don't became a billionaire spending that kind of money so easily.

The fact that he can spend 6 Billion on buying the team doesn't mean he wants to do it if he believes the team is worth 5 at best and the highest bid is already at 5.6 or something.

Nobody's questioning the fact that he can do it, all that remains to be seen he does he want to do it.Signing NDA means he's in the process and can get access to better info. It's in no way an insurance he'll get the team.

If he's determinted to buy the team no matter what, then it'll be his, no doubt. But we have no clue about his determination.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wouldn't read too much into it. Selling isn't done yet, bids are still ongoing, so that's just casual business for the team so far, and nothing any future owner couldn't absorb in any way within the team's salary cap, so I doubt it's related to anything here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Nobody's questioning the fact that he can do it, all that remains to be seen he does he want to do it.Signing NDA means he's in the process and can get access to better info. It's in no way an insurance he'll get the team.

To add to that, I think you meant this, but to clarify for everyone...better info means the confidentiality agreement means confidentiality on what he sees in the books. 

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

HA, exactly. He might bid $3B. His wealth doesn't guarantee his interest. 

30 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

If he's determinted to buy the team no matter what, then it'll be his, no doubt ( provided Snyder will sell to him ). But we have no clue about his determination.

Very good, gentleman.

46 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I think you misunderstood what spearfather meant.

If you believe this house is worth 1M are you gonna spend 1.5 or 2M on it even if you're worth 50M?

Usually you don't became a billionaire spending that kind of money so easily.

The fact that he can spend 6 Billion on buying the team doesn't mean he wants to do it if he believes the team is worth 5 at best and the highest bid is already at 5.6 or something.

If he's determinted to buy the team no matter what, then it'll be his, no doubt. But we have no clue about his determination.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Selling isn't done yet, bids are still ongoing, so that's just casual business for the team so far, and nothing any future owner couldn't absorb in any way within the team's salary cap, so I doubt it's related to anything here.

I don’t think I misunderstand. He was asked about his interest in a team, and he made it clear he was interested. All NFL teams are good investments (look at how values have changed over the last 10 years, even for poor ones). It’s definitely possible he doesn’t really want to buy a team, but there have been no public indications of that and he has so much money that he could buy the team and not even need it to generate revenue. I can’t read his mind, so I can’t say that he wants to buy it. But he has no reason to act like he does, and go through the motions, if he isn’t seriously considering it.

We are talking about a guy worth 20 times the purchase price. Again, this is like someone with a net worth of 100k, who really wants to buy a particular rare car, one of 32 in the world, that is only available for sale every 10 years, and y saying he may not buy it because it’s for sale for $5,700 and he thinks it’s worth $5,000. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

2 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

It happens more often than you are making it seem...just since 2010 the Rams, Jags, Browns, Bills, Panthers, Broncos, and Commanders have gone up for sale. It's also believed that the Seahawks will in the next year or 2. But even taking them away, that's 7 teams in 13 years. That's not exactly "one every 10 years" like you state. Even going back further...from 1999 through 2008, there were 5 teams that became available (Texans, Redskins, Jets, Ravens, and Dolphins). So, it's not even like the past decade is an outlier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It happens more often than you are making it seem...just since 2010 the Rams, Jags, Browns, Bills, Panthers, Broncos, and Commanders have gone up for sale. It's also believed that the Seahawks will in the next year or 2. But even taking them away, that's 7 teams in 13 years. That's not exactly "one every 10 years" like you state. Even going back further...from 1999 through 2008, there were 5 teams that became available (Texans, Redskins, Jets, Ravens, and Dolphins). So, it's not even like the past decade is an outlier. 

Fair point, and he may prefer Seattle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1