Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Listening to more Finlay, goofing on the decript parking lot, there is a big pot hole when you drive out of the park.  Not fixed.  He suggests players goof on it.  Then goes on about hey if he has cracks in his drive way, he will hire pavers to fix.  He's been to other facilities and that what makes that facility look even more pathetic in comparison.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Wonder where KC chiefs rank?

Wait a minute….

https://nflpa.com/kansas-city-chiefs-report-card

Sucks they won’t be able to sign anyone. This is mostly in jest, but some merit. I dislike Dan and want him out just as much as you do. 

People stay at and sign offer letters to crap employers all the time for a variety of reasons.

However, it’s a lot easier to retain and draw talent when you treat people really well.  What’s even crazier is the NFL is a money printing machine that has zero cap on how much can be spent on facilities, food, coaches, staff, etc.  Beyond that, we’re talking about elite athletic specimens that you pay 10’s of millions of dollars to - why wouldn’t you take care of them accordingly? 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

However, it’s a lot easier to retain and draw talent when you treat people really well.

Yeah, but don't forget, as Bruce Allen once said " The culture is actually damn good." 😁

Edited by RVAskins
  • Haha 2

On 3/1/2023 at 1:40 PM, SoCalSkins said:

The sale will be the largest in sports history. It will sell for significantly more than the Broncos who have fairly new stadium and won the Super Bowl not too long ago. The value of the brand are the remaining diehards plus the huge numbers who will come back as soon as we have a new owner and start winning. This is nothing like an expansion team. Regardless of how poorly Dan ran it, it’s still one of the premiere brands in all of sports. The sale price reflects that fact. 

The value of the brand is in all the die-hards we should have been creating in the last 23 years. Remember, most die-hards started out as band-wagoners or casuals.  For example, when I was growing up, we had at least a 50-50 chance of winning most games (there were only a handful that winning was not a surprise and in many of those years, many losses were surprises) so watching meant that most games would be more fun than the alternatives an 8-9 year old had on a fall Sunday afternoon. All valuation is dependent on future projections of cash-flow, not past ones or ones that were driven by a customer base that soon will not exist (I'll probably be dead in less than 20). On top of this, another loss is the fact that many of the old die-hards who would be spending a huge piece of their disposable (and maybe not so disposable income) on the Redskins are realizing that team they loved may no longer really exist. This is all going on during a period that disposable income for most people is falling. Heck, according to the most recent numbers, I am in the upper middle class and I don't see how most people can afford to go to more than a couple of games a year. The only attractiveness I see for this team's valuation is the fact that much of the DMV has a relatively high amount of disposable income (new stadium can be built small with expensive amenities that generate cash flow all year round and get big revenue from the wine and cheese crowd).

On 3/1/2023 at 2:02 PM, Spearfeather said:

Nah, ... It was Bazini.

Again.

Was about to use only the Snyder part but I was worried people may just think I'm slamming Snyder not just paraphrasing a mafia movie (given Snyder's comments about the NFL being a mafia).

29 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

People stay at and sign offer letters to crap employers all the time for a variety of reasons.

However, it’s a lot easier to retain and draw talent when you treat people really well.  What’s even crazier is the NFL is a money printing machine that has zero cap on how much can be spent on facilities, food, coaches, staff, etc.  Beyond that, we’re talking about elite athletic specimens that you pay 10’s of millions of dollars to - why wouldn’t you take care of them accordingly? 

That's the point that Brian Mitchell was talking about today.  The players are your assets, treat them well.

He talked about how the better facilities also help keep the players there longer fueling comraderie -- saying when he was at Philly, the players would stay late at the facility because they had everything including the best equipment and serviecs including a barber who would stop by to cut hair.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Was about to use only the Snyder part but I was worried people may just think I'm slamming Snyder not just paraphrasing a mafia movie (given Snyder's comments about the NFL being a mafia).

Don't ever tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking, again.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's the point that Brian Mitchell was talking about today.  The players are your assets, treat them well.

He talked about how the better facilities also help keep the players there longer fueling comraderie -- saying when he was at Philly, the players would stay late at the facility because they had everything including the best equipment and serviecs including a barber who would stop by to cut hair.

Ugh YES! It's these things that will make the difference in building a team.  It's so funny, for every organization, it's a metaphor.  But for AN ACTUAL TEAM, we can't do the little things.

It is beyond me that they don't have enough staff or equipment or food.  Like this is the most basic ****ing **** there is.  The only thing more fundamental is a goddamn football and grass-ish stuff.

I don't know how I continue to be surprised by the level of incompetence with this team.  It says more about me than the team, truthfully.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

We're in last place but I see the Bidwell's never change.

I'm really conflicted as to whether the Bidwell's are worse owners than Snyder. They are really bad and it's generational. They may be cheap but I don't think the use the Cardinals as a piggy bank like Snyder.

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I'm really conflicted as to whether the Bidwell's are worse owners than Snyder. They are really bad and it's generational. They may be cheap but I don't think the use the Cardinals as a piggy bank like Snyder.

We're comparing poop logs here.

• Haha 8

10 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

No owner can be worse than Snyder. Period. But they were 31st on the report.

I guess it doesn’t take much to understand just how bad our facilities and services are. The only dude that wanted to come back was JD. Everyone else had to get paid the big bucks or were drafted.  Scherff, Cousins, Williams, etc. Never planned on staying IMHO. This is probably a huge part of why. 

Side note: I remember in little league and pee wee looking over at the other opponents and wanting to be on their team because our snack moms sucked ass.

Edited by tmandoug1
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I think I now see where the inspiration for "Tuddy" came from

• Haha 6