Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, ultravin said:

Hmmmn.  Here’s an interesting thought: Amazon and Google are now head to head in obtaining the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, what would happen if Amazon gets the rights to it, will that allow Jeff Bezos to purchase the team?

No one's reported anything to that effect, as Amazon is also the TNF rights-holder.  Dunno why this would be any different.

https://thespun.com/nfl/a-wild-nfl-conspiracy-theory-is-swirling-this-morning

A Wild NFL Conspiracy Theory Is Swirling This Morning

Now, bad calls can happen.

But given the fact that the Washington Commanders are owned by Daniel Snyder, some are alleging that maybe - just maybe - the NFL doesn't want his team making the playoffs.

"Not saying the NFL doesn’t want Daniel Snyder in the playoffs, but I mean…" Andrew Perloff tweeted.

"The NFL doesn't want a Snyder owned team in the playoffs, end of story," another fan wrote.

"Washington got hosed on so many dubious calls last night, you’d think their owner was feuding with the NFL or something," Bill Simmons wrote.

• Like 1

I watched the game at a bar last night and thus didn't really hear the sound, but at some point they showed a quote from Wellington Mara back in like 1972 in which he said his goal was to crush the Redskins seasons, and you could read that into him saying that the Skins were the team he hated the most.

I didn't realize the hard feelings between the Skins and the Giants went back THAT far. Sure, a lot has always been made of the Skins-Cowboys rivalry, but I always attributed that to the Cowboys attaining supremacy in the mid-to-late 1960s and the Skins being the first NFC East team (after the merger) to challenge that supremacy.  Giants and Eagles fans hated the Cowboys as much as Skins fans did. 

Does anyone have any insight into why the Mara family had it out for the Skins, as opposed to the Cowboys?

I don't think the NFL is the reason Taylor Heinicke can only throw 1 touchdown per game, or the reason why he gets strip-sacked for a TD. The NFL also isn't the reason why our offensive line got injured.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I get that the nfl wouldn’t want Snyder in the playoffs, but come the **** on, it’s so petty of the league, if true…… it’s one thing to **** over JUST dan……but to **** over the PLAYERS, and coaches at the same time? 

It is, but do you think the league want Dan Snyder just 3 games from being in the Super Bowl? That would be a huge nightmare for the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Why does some of the recent reporting ive seen sound like they aren't sure whether it's a full or partial sale? Seemed like this was a slam dunk several weeks ago.

That hasn’t been a sure thing from the start. It’s always been a question. 

my opinion - Snyders ego wouldn’t allow that uncertainty if he wasn’t looking for a full sale (or at least understood it was a strong possibility he wouldn’t find a partner.) to me, if full sale was off the table, it would have been clearly spelled out from the start.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Why does some of the recent reporting ive seen sound like they aren't sure whether it's a full or partial sale? Seemed like this was a slam dunk several weeks ago.

It was never a slam dunk, but it's more exciting to cheer for the best outcome.

• Like 1