Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

22 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I mean, they did do some things, but it did fade after a few years.

The moment the spotlight on it faded and public attention turned, he put not a single cent into it. It basically immediately went defunct after the first year (maybe two). It was 100% a publicity stunt to delay the potential name change that was barreling towards him. Extremely cynical and disingenuous distraction and stalling tactic, in the end. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If by “some things” you mean attempt to to appear like he actually cared an iota and then immediately stopped putting anything into it shortly thereafter.

No, I mean " some things " that were actually done.

" Absolute farce " seemed to imply nothing was done.  That's all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2022/12/22/bidders-are-offering-more-than-expected-for-the-nfls-washington-commanders-a-lot-more/?sh=5b7c6fca5b6c

The deal would also include FedEx Field and the 264 acres around it, as well as 150 acres at the team’s headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia, said the people. Snyder paid $750 million for the Commanders, then known as the Redskins, in 1999.

Snyder hired Bank of America to look into selling all or part of the team in early November.

In August, Forbes valued the Commanders at $5.6 billion (excluding the real estate), sixth among the league’s 32 teams. A couple of weeks prior to the Forbes valuation, a group led by WalmartWMT -1.2% heir Rob Walton purchased the Denver Broncos for $4.65 billion, the most ever paid for a sports team. The enterprise value/revenue multiple for the Broncos deal was nearly 9, compared with 5.9 for David Tepper’s $2.8 billion purchase of the Carolina Panthers in 2018.

The Dallas Cowboys are the NFL’s highest-valued team at $8 billion, according to Forbes.

In general, sports teams remain very hot assets. The NBA’s Phoenix Suns are set to change hands at a $4 billion valuation, a record for a basketball team and an astounding 13 times revenue.

• Thanks 1

Listened to Finlay on 106.7.

A.  At the owners meetings he got the impression its going down

B.  He doesn't think the NFL would allow Dan to yank these bidders chains.  These are serious people and the NFL wants to court them because the losers of this bid will likely bid for Seattle and the Chargers when they likely go on sale

C.  The Sun sale has added some urgency to this one -- including helping hike the price

D.  Talking to his sources, some tell him Bezos, some tell him it will be someone else

E.  the buzz is this is a distressed asset and the new owner would be able to juice the revenue for this franchise really quickly.  Big market, etc

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

This is kinda OT, but on this thread or another, someone mentioned Snyder cutting out meals for the players.  I noticed in the newly released Pro Bowl video, that all the players coming in for what seemed to be a meeting, had what appeared to be a sack lunch.  How greedy.  I hope Santa gives us a new owner.  It’s been a horrible year for me, and I could use the gift…..we all could.  

Edited by PolarExpress
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

This is kinda OT, but on this thread or another, someone mentioned Snyder cutting out meals for the players.  I noticed in the newly released Pro Bowl video, that all the players coming in for what seemed to be a meeting, had what appeared to be a sack lunch.  How greedy.  I hope Santa gives us a new owner.  It’s been a horrible year for me, and I could use the gift…..we all could.  

That's probably me.  Sheehan said he heard they were cutting back on road expenses to players and more.  I don't recall if it was meals but I think we speculated it might be in the mix. 

• Like 3

I got the impression listening to Finlay that the reporters have sources who have told them who are in the mix but they were told to shut up for now.  Though the names could be all the same that have been suggested by the press. 

Finlay at one point in the segment goes to Danny Rouillier you've probably heard some of the same things he did -- and the way he talked he implied that he's not saying everything he knows.  He did mention Bezos but then also said he's hearing mixed things about him -- some saying its likely his, some saying it will be someone else.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1