Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

13 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

So, we're the Commanders, but we don't have " military colors ", and a pig is our mascot.

None of this makes sense.

No like for real, my seven year old is like "This makes no sense but I understand horses and lightning bolts so I like Colts and Chargers."

Listening to the lawyer who represents the hog players right now on 106.7

If I heard him right he just gave away for sure the Hog is the mascot and they gave the mascot a name.

Shocker to all here, most who thought it would be a dog.  😀

3 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Watching Snyder — an unpopular billionaire down the street, whose team is facing multiple investigations — get up to $7 billion for a franchise with no winning pedigree, no quarterback, a run-down stadium without a plan for a new one and a bottom-tier headquarters/practice facility — is going to get Bisciotti’s attention. The Panthers’ and Broncos’ sales have sent prices soaring, and there are going to be a good number of billionaires who miss out on the Commanders sale who are already vetted, liquid and keenly interested in owning an NFL franchise in the mid-Atlantic area. The Ravens also have a path to an additional $600 million in potential stadium upgrades that could lead to a new lease at M&T Bank Stadium, which provides even more incentive to invest in them now.

“This is going to set off a chain reaction,” said a plugged-in, high-ranking official with an NFL club that itself is likely to be sold in the coming years. “There are going to be one or two more sold right behind it.”

So it just might be the perfect time for Bisciotti to cash out on an investment that he originally bought into for just $600 million in 2000.

I just wanna throw out there, that if we roll out some form of "Commander Hog" mascot, there is some standing that the team could ultimately win a trademark battle vs Jacoby's "Hogs" TM.

The important thing to consider here is the cost of that win. You are being told beforehand it will be challenged and fought. That means if you move forward:

-your probably gonna get cease and desist letters.

-your probably getting dragged thru multiple trademark courts for years to come.

-your merch rights around the subject will be tied up for years to come

-Bad press of fighting your own former players

-There is some risk of losing and owing someone a lot of money, like a % amount

-Big Daddy NFL will not be pleased about any of this

A lot of complications here tho, like

-if Snyder is selling would he even care? Won't be his problem and it does not have to be resolved in a time-frame that would effect him.

-The plan could be just to pay em off... or for the next guy to pay them off

So yeah, You are kinda walking into a mine field here and you gotta ask yourself if the juice is worth the squeeze. That is some serious chin-music to potentially eat for a mascot. How many lumps you wanna take for that W?

<stealing a SIP Rocky ref>

Rocky II (12/12) Movie CLIP - Yo Adrian, I Did It! (1979) HD - YouTube1,280 × 720

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

As long as this isn't a subtle directional hint to grow sentiment towards Zach....

🙂Thanks for this post!🙃

57 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Wait so Snyders fine with a legal showdown over the mascot but not the name? This is exactly why we were told the name couldn't be Redwolves because there were legal hurdles. 🤣

Our guy picks his battles with surgical precision!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Yeah, I mean, our name doesn't go with our colors and our mascot doesn't go with our name.

If we rename ourselves Circus and have a Clown (who said named "Bezos the clown"?) as a mascot, that would perfectly fit the Burgundy and Gold colors, or close to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One thing that really stood out to me is that Doc Walker is among the people in on the Hogs trademark. I may be out of the loop on Washington alumni and their jobs with the team, but I thought Doc Walker was one of the most in-the-tank alumni who'd walk across burning coals to find something positive to say about the team. That he's standing up to the team is shocking to me, and I love it.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

One thing that really stood out to me is that Doc Walker is among the people in on the Hogs trademark. I may be out of the loop on Washington alumni and their jobs with the team, but I thought Doc Walker was one of the most in-the-tank alumni who'd walk across burning coals to find something positive to say about the team. That he's standing up to the team is shocking to me, and I love it.

From my experience, people tend to back who’s ever in charge. Now that it’s obvious Dan is on his way out, Doc might not see any reason to be loyal to him anymore. Just a thought. 

On 12/26/2022 at 2:00 PM, Spearfeather said:

I typed in " Original Hogs " into the Patent and Trademarks Office database, and sure enough, there it is. 

O-Line Entertainment.

Looks legit.

This whole rebranding thing has gone well, hasn't it.

I think it was created like 5 minutes ago...

I heard a few snippets from Galdi who read some of the press release.  From what I gathered from what I heard (and I haven't read anything myself yet, I have been busy) this seems like a very typical Doc Walker brain child that's based in some fantasy world where people actually care about him.  It's all a money grab. 

The one thing that stood out is Galdi read something to the effect that the threatened law suit states because of the re-brand, the team is a different franchise, and therefor the new franchise doesn't have ownership of any of the old branding.  This is a completely false statement.  It sounds JUST like some idiotic thing Doc would scream and yell about, and people who don't pay attention would nod up and down about, but in fact is legally completely false.

Doc and the others on the threatened law suit are taking advantage of everybody hating Dan and think they can throw something at the wall to get public opinion on their side in order to get some cash from the team.  

If I was Snyder, I would pay them off to get them to shut up.  This is one of the (very very very few) instances where Dan/Team probably are not in the wrong, but are being made to look bad.  There is no way you can win a PR battle with Riggins and Jacoby.  If it was just Doc, I'd ignore him and then boot him off the pre-season broadcast and call it a day.  He's just basically a caricature of himself at this point, and his best self was just a caricature of Chris Berman.  He tried to be Berman with all the nicknames and stuff, but he really could only come up with one, the caveman, which he used on like 4 different people.  And then the manhood issue old man toughness schtick.  Whatever.  He can go pound sand.

Jacoby and Riggins, however, those are guys who probably deserve whatever they want, and if they are pissed off, fine, pay them and get them less pissed off.  Even if they don't really, legally, have any leg to stand on.

However, this REALLY REALLY REALLY feels like a Doc Walker brain child, and he convinced Riggins and Jacoby to go along with it.  From what I heard, it's really, really stupid. 

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think it was created like 5 minutes ago...

I'm not sure what this means.

My comment about it " looking legit ", was simply about the actual trademark filing itself, not necessarily an assessment of anyone's motivations or whether I think they should or would win any judgement.

They probably won't win the " different organizations " argument, although I am totally feeling where they're coming from.

Edited by Spearfeather

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

From my experience, people tend to back who’s ever in charge. Now that it’s obvious Dan is on his way out, Doc might not see any reason to be loyal to him anymore. Just a thought. 

Meh. Beyond platitudes about toughness and heart, there is much "there" there with Doc. Maybe still the occasional nickname that makes no sense because he doesn't really know anything about that player beyond the college he went to.

If he has much to do with this beyond commenting on the radio, I'd be surprised. Even if his name is with the Jacoby and Grimm types who might be driving it. 

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

I'm not sure what this means.

My comment about it " looking legit ", was simply about the actual trademark filing itself, not necessarily an assessment of anyone's motivations or whether I think they should or would win any judgement.

They probably won't win the " different organizations " argument, although I am totally feeling where they're coming from.

It means I think they created this whole organization within the last few weeks, whether legitimate or lot looking right now, it didn’t exist 2 weeks ago. 

22 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I don’t like Dan Snyder.

I feel like this is drama Dan Snyder didn’t create for once and it seems like OTHER peoples greed is getting in the way of what fans want for once. 

I don’t like Dan Snyder. 

Bill Nye Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

You really think the fans want a hog mascot?  A Commander Hog named Tuddy?!

Boy, I am reading the public opinion entirely different. 

:229:The Rook

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Bill Nye Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

You really think the fans want a hog mascot?  A Commander Hog named Tuddy?!

Boy, I am reading the public opinion entirely different. 

:229:The Rook

I would be lying to you if I said I know what public opinion on this is. I think the fans that are left really don't care about much at this point anymore, honestly. But I do know some would really like to hold onto as much of the old spirit of the team as possible and a mascot is an easy way to do that. Same reason behind wanting to keep the fight song the same. Or keep RED in the name. Or keeping the colors the same. Blah blah you get the idea. I'm obviously not claiming to know what everyone wants. I would like it to be a hog. Though I would want it to be way better executed than it currently is. Obviously. That goes for just about everything. 

Hell. Me? I would have named the team the Hogs or something close and moved the **** on years ago. 

I don't know anything about the name of it mascot though. Is that real? I thought people were just being funny. 

30 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I would be lying to you if I said I know what public opinion on this is. I think the fans that are left really don't care about much at this point anymore,

I think there are some fans left that don't want Dan Snyder, of all people, to be the one who determined our name for rest of the franchises existence.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1