Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This game is going to be lit with the mascot unveiled.  they have done a nice job keeping us in suspense.  I got no clue what its going to be.

I am pinching myself to be part of that history and see it all up close.  The game as far as I am concerned is just gravy,

The thumbs up and down reactions are nice, but this is the time when ES needed a vomit reaction the most.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, @DCGoldPants said:

It's wearing their old and much better jersey from last year. 

You're right, and that makes it worse. They couldn't match their jerseys on a wire mannequin, and now they can't even pick the uniforms the team wears now.

Apologies @Llevron, that was indeed not directed at you specifically at all. Reading recent posts just brought the idea to a boiling point for me, I suppose—but it was nothing you yourself said. After years of reading comments from people about the branding (juxtaposed against the sad reality of how it played out)—for me it’s more about Snyder’s grimy paws being all over our shared team and history, and being honestly surprised when everyone doesn’t have an equally violent reaction to that. The last thing I would want is a Snyder ham-fisted attempt at shoving my memories into his cynical money-machine. I guess I was reacting poorly to the idea that someone might want that, the idea of having your own nostalgia turned on you as a weapon disgusts me. I should have thought about how my tone would come off, obviously you and others who agree with you are victims here as much as I am. Anyways, I’m 33—my core memories with this team are the Gibbs II years, not the glory years—my reaction is more of a psychological antibody response to anything Snyder-related, really. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, slinky said:

The Pen? So, now our home field is to be the pig pen?
image.png.89d47cb9c445f58bc3683def20f6a0cb.png

Turdy Pig is playing in the pig pen? Are we gonna open the poo pipes when we score? A surprise railing breaks every game, so random fans can meet the players?

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

The hilarious thing is that they are going to unveil a mascot that has a very real (but not certain) chance of existing for all of two in-season games.   If the new owner has any sense, he/she exorcises everything Dan related.  Everything.

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Redwards said:

The hilarious thing is that they are going to unveil a mascot that has a very real (but not certain) chance of existing for all of two in-season games.   If the new owner has any sense, he/she exorcises everything Dan related.  Everything.

I'd be surprised if the new owner revamps the name-branding.  JP Finlay was talking about this yesterday, he thinks no chance the NFL goes through the third version of a rebrand within 4 years -- new merchandizing, etc costs money and time and the NFL is heavily involved in all of that.

I know to some if it happens the way Finlay thinks its depressing to some here.  That's cool to each their own.  For me, I don't care one whit about it.  Dan just sell! 😀 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd be surprised if the new owner revamps the name-branding.  JP Finlay was talking about this yesterday, he thinks no chance the NFL goes through the third version of a rebrand within 4 years -- new merchandizing, etc costs money and time and the NFL is heavily involved in all of that.

I know to some if it happens the way Finlay thinks its depressing to some here.  That's cool to each their own.  For me, I don't care one whit about it.  Dan just sell! 😀 

For me, I care a ton about it.  Yes, first and foremost, Dan must sell.  Absolutely.  But there will be life after Dan.

This rebrand makes no sense.  The mascot doesn't tie in with the name, the colors don't make a lick of sense with the name.  The uniforms are beyond abysmal, as is the cheap orange/yellow electrical tape placed on the helmet.  

For what the new owner will be paying for the team (a historic amount), I find it very, very hard to believe the NFL wouldn't allow him/her to rebrand.  And that's gonna set off a HUGE chain reaction for what franchises are worth.  The sale of the Ravens will eclipse the sale of the Redskins more than likely.  So the costs incurred by the NFL for rebranding and merchandise, etc., are nothing in the ocean of green they are about to make.  The new owner will be reviving one of the most lucrative franchises in all of sports.  Rebranding costs are nothing, especially since the majority of the fanbase doesn't like the name.

Now, I'm not getting my hopes up on the rebranding.  I'm prepared for the worst.  However, at a bare MINIMUM, the new owner must burn the uniforms and logo and come up with something from scratch immediately.  It's embarrassing as hell.  I'll personally never call them the Commanders.  Ever.  They're the Redskins to me until a decent name is picked.  Doesn't have to be one of my favorites, but it's gotta be a legit decent name that the majority of the fans can get behind.  Hell, the NFL OWES the fans that much after allowing this monster to desecrate our organization and fanbase for as long as he has.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 3

42 minutes ago, slinky said:

We are giving up so much marketing appeal.

Who willingly signs up for this?

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Turdy Pig is playing in the pig pen? Are we gonna open the poo pipes when we score?

You sir have won the Internet today

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Redwards said:

For me, I care a ton about it.  Yes, first and foremost, Dan must sell.  Absolutely.  But there will be life after Dan.

This rebrand makes no sense.  The mascot doesn't tie in with the name, the colors don't make a lick of sense with the name.  The uniforms are beyond abysmal, as is the cheap orange/yellow electrical tape placed on the helmet.  

For what the new owner will be paying for the team, I find it very, very hard to believe the NFL wouldn't allow him/her to rebrand.  That's nothing in terms of cost to them in the overall bucket.  The new owner will be reviving one of the most lucrative franchises in all of sports.  Rebranding costs are nothing, especially since the majority of the fanbase doesn't like the name.

Now, I'm not getting my hopes up on the rebranding.  I'm prepared for the worst.  However, at a bare MINIMUM, the new owner must burn the uniforms and logo and come up with something from scratch immediately.  It's embarrassing as hell.  I'll personally never call them the Commanders.  Ever.  They're the Redskins to me until a decent name is picked.  Doesn't have to be one of my favorites, but it's gotta be a legit decent name that the majority of the fans can get behind.  Hell, the NFL OWES the fans that much after allowing this monster to desecrate our organization and fanbase for as long as he has.  

As I've said on this thread before.  I hope those who care about the uniforms and name deeply and really really want a reboot get what they want.

Personally, I don't hate any of it.  But I don't really care one way or another.  But that's me.  And since I don't care I hope those who are really passionate about it get what they want.

JP Finlay might end up dead wrong but he dismissed it as there being almost zero chance it goes down.  Will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JP Finlay might end up dead wrong but he dismissed it as there being almost zero chance it goes down.  Will see.

Even as the controlling body, I don't think the NFL will have much of a say in the matter if Bezos is the owner. Dude is gonna get whatever he wants, even if the NFL kinda does not want it to happen.

cjoidurwlk.jpg.35b8cadaecbe896a030077d66d5e28b9.jpg

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know to some if it happens the way Finlay thinks it’s  depressing to some here.  That's cool to each their own.  For me, I don't care one whit about it.  Dan just sell! 😀 

I am with you in terms of just get Dan to sell.  If that happens and no additional name change then I would not care that much.   But I totally get why others want a clean break.  

I don’t agree with JP.  if the new owner wants to rebrand I think they let them, especially since a new stadium has not been agreed to.  Could make that a clean break from Dan.  

as for connecting to previous history, not sure how you can’t.  There are a lot of us that history is the only thing that keeps us interested, the hope that the team returns to that type of organization.  That does not mean Dan will be celebrated.  In fact if can be to trash Dan at every opportunity.  

That is NOT to judge anyone seeing it different.  I can see good arguments all around.  They all start with Dan being removed which is the most critical.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I am with you in terms of just get Dan to sell.  If that happens and no additional name change then I would not care that much.   But I totally get why others want a clean break.  

I don’t agree with JP.  if the new owner wants to rebrand I think they let them, especially since a new stadium has not been agreed to.  Could make that a clean break from Dan.  

as for connecting to previous history, not sure how you can’t.  There are a lot of us that history is the only thing that keeps us interested, the hope that the team returns to that type of organization.  That does not mean Dan will be celebrated.  In fact if can be to trash Dan at every opportunity.  

That is NOT to judge anyone seeing it different.  I can see good arguments all around.  They all start with Dan being removed which is the most critical.   

Not sure.  They way he explained it sounded plausible to me.

As far as what some people here want.  It's whatever of course floats peoples boat as fans.  So I am cool with anyone being really into it.

For me personally, I am actually OK with the name, OK with the unforms.  If you pushed me on the uniforms thumbs up or down, I'd lean up but I don't really care.  they can change the name to the admirals or whatever name people hate the most, and I'd be fine. 😀 

But I am rooting for those who care about this stuff (me not among them) to get what they want.  Even if I didn't hear Finlay explain his take, my gut is at least 50-50 this team isn't rebranded and changed again.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But I am rooting for those who care about this stuff (me not among them) to get what they want.  Even if I didn't hear Finlay explain his take, my gut is at least 50-50 this team isn't rebranded and changed again.

I don't think the odds are even 50.

I just think its a far from zero

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redwards said:

For what the new owner will be paying for the team (a historic amount), I find it very, very hard to believe the NFL wouldn't allow him/her to rebrand.  And that's gonna set off a HUGE chain reaction for what franchises are worth.  The sale of the Ravens will eclipse the sale of the Redskins more than likely.  So the costs incurred by the NFL for rebranding and merchandise, etc., are nothing in the ocean of green they are about to make.  The new owner will be reviving one of the most lucrative franchises in all of sports.  Rebranding costs are nothing, especially since the majority of the fanbase doesn't like the name.

A lot of things in sports and particularly the. NFL don’t make sense. The Chiefs mascot is a wolf like creature, the Browns mascot looks like a leprechaun, and I can go and on.  At the end of the day the name, the colors, the mascot, and everything else associated with the brand will be accepted if the team produces on the field. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBlueIndian said:
Big man, pig man
Ha ha, charade you are
Woo!
You!
Well heeled big wheel
Ha ha, charade you are

Yeah, I even found a bunch of those Pink Floyd tshirts. Would be perfect to wear to the next game.

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/Pink-Floyd-Pig-at-Battersea-by-dawnrosie/35934296.WFLAH

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/Pig-shirt-as-worn-by-David-Gilmour-by-EyalCarmi/83395331.S7RYU

15 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's a really cool point. The final nail (hopefully) and then throwing dirt on the grave at the after party.

Don’t forget the dancing on the grave. There’ll be LOTS of dancing. 

14 hours ago, slinky said:

image.png.89d47cb9c445f58bc3683def20f6a0cb.png

Now, about that throw up reaction to posts. This is a prime example of why such a thing should exist. 

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Those poor folks in London,  bless their hearts 

Nah, disagree. There are 2 groups of people that have done enough historically awful things to still deserve the awfulness of Dan Snyder

1. The English

2. Yankees fans

Edited by GhostofSparta
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1