Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Have there been any rumors of what "kind" of stadium they'll build? That was the key to RFK, imo. It was small and cozy. That's more important than where they build it, as long as it's not way out in the suburbs of Md or Va.  Anacostia Park, East Potomac Park, Oxon Cove park would all be cool sites! 

Edited by GoDeep81
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

EB doesn't play the rumorville game much.  From what I recall he nailed one, and was off on one.

A.  Nailed the Alex Smith injury is serious.  The Junkies broke that story before anyone else did.

B.  Wrong about the lawyer heading the NFL investigation recommended to Goodell that Dan be removed -- which may be true or may not be true, the evidence was never borne out

It really is nothing more than a rumor and he declared it that way.  None of them had anything from "credible source".  It was a conversation he over heard at the hockey game last night.  We'll see if there's anything to it.

Edited by HigSkin

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

It really is nothing more than a rumor and he declared it that way.  None of them had anything from "credible source".  It was a conversation he over heard at the hockey game last night.  We'll see if there's anything to it.

I assume overheard by someone they'd consider would potentially be in the know?  I'll eventually go back and listen to it 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I assume overheard by someone they'd consider would potentially be in the know?  I'll eventually go back and listen to it 

It was a couple dudes that were sitting behind him.  Think he said maybe a doctor and a lawyer who know a guy that owns a moving company that is packing Snyder up.  I'd have to go back and listen too cause I only caught their program convo about it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HigSkin said:

This is a straight out Rumor so take it FWIW, they were talking on The Junkies this morning and EB explained he overheard that Snyder is packing it up, moving to London, the deal with Bezo is done and DC is even giving permission to use the old RFK site.  Again, its only a RUMOR!  They then went on to discuss why we aren't hearing a lot about other potential buyers leaked.  Who knows....

Well he can **** off 'cos we don't want him, we've got enough **** going on as it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Following EB over the years, I 100% believe he heard it, he doesn't make things up but as for who he overheard that's a different story. 

Maybe he doesn’t make things up. But other people do all the time and others are gullible enough to believe it. Just last off-season Boomer Esaison was sure we were going to be named Admirals. 

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

Maybe he doesn’t make things up. But other people do all the time and others are gullible enough to believe it. Just last off-season Boomer Esaison was sure we were going to be named Admirals. 

Agree, you are just rephrasing my point -- except I am not ruling out what he heard but i also wouldn't trust it either.  Rumor is what it is -- not ever rumor is wrong or right. 

If EB said he heard this from someone close to the team, I'd trust that.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

EB doesn't play the rumorville game much.  From what I recall he nailed one, and was off on one.

A.  Nailed the Alex Smith injury is serious.  The Junkies broke that story before anyone else did.

B.  Wrong about the lawyer heading the NFL investigation recommended to Goodell that Dan be removed -- which may be true or may not be true, the evidence was never borne out

SIP, not claiming my recollection is better than yours (or even a goldfish for that matter) but I remember part B above differently.

I thought that initially the NFL used carefully worded Sophistry to make us believe it was a completely false story-- they said something like "there was no written report presented to me that recommended Snyder's removal."

What we later learned, thanks to the house select committee investigation, was that a preliminary draft with that recommendation, among others, was being worked on, but Goodell specifically instructed them not to complete it and instead he requested and received a private oral report outside the presence of the other owners.

I could very easily be misconstruing things, and if I am I'd be happy to have you or someone else clear it up. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

What we later learned, thanks to the house select committee investigation, was that a preliminary draft with that recommendation, among others, was being worked on, but Goodell specifically instructed them not to complete it and instead he requested and received a private oral report outside the presence of the other owners.

I could very easily be misconstruing things, and if I am I'd be happy to have you or someone else clear it up. 

They said she wrote something up that recommended his removal.  So you are saying that's true?  I was saying I am not sure one way or another. I don't recall it was said by Congress that there was a premilimary draft that recommended his removal.    But I am not swearing one way or another to know.  So if you are saying there was a recommendation -- that's cool.  that would just further EB's credibilty. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Damn...that's not good...

Said a while back, Amazon is certainly feeling the hit of the current economic climate but it is still seen as a great medium-long term investment. On a personal level, If that’s your thing then it would be worth throwing some cash at given it’s current share price.

I can see Bezos selling some of his stake to fund the purchase of this team. Other key stakeholder(s) are looking to increase their cut in the business.

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Said a while back, Amazon is certainly feeling the hit of the current economic climate but it is still seen as a great medium-long term investment. On a personal level, If that’s your thing then it would be worth throwing some cash at given it’s current share price.

I can see Bezos selling some of his stake to fund the purchase of this team. Other key stakeholder(s) are looking to increase their cut in the business.

I can see bezos forming a corporation to purchase the team, with 5 subsidiary LLCs each owning a 1/5 stock interest, each of which have 3 other LLCs and 2 corporations as members.  Also 3 of the LLCs will be subject to a membership interest pledge agreement and security agreement held by a limited liability partnership as the beneficiary/lender for the transaction whereby a default in repayment terms results in a reversion of the membership interest to the limited liability partnership, and which prevents the LLCs from impairing the collateral LLC membership interest.  

edit:  Also, Dan and Tanya Snyder are the general and limited partners in the limited liability partnership, which holds a confessed judgment note along with the pledge/ security agreement.  So basically Snyder still owns the team. 

Edited by kfrankie

5 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

I can see bezos forming a corporation to purchase the team, with 5 subsidiary LLCs each owning a 1/5 stock interest, each of which have 3 other LLCs and 2 corporations as members.  Also 2 of the LLCs will be subject to a membership interest pledge agreement and security agreement held by a limited liability partnership as the beneficiary/lender whereby a default in repayment terms results in a reversion of the membership interest to the limited liability partnership, and which prevents the LLCs from impairing the collateral LLC membership interest.  

Either that^, or a note from his mother saying he's allowed to have a football team. I think Goodell would be OK with either

• Haha 4