Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

6zelnl.jpg

Only real Python fans will get this.

holy grail was great but “life of brian “is 10x better

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't want to offend any of you guys, so I'll ask politely first:  

How many of you guys actually like the Commanders name and would you be upset if the new owner changed it?

I hate the name with a passion. The most bland name with the most bland boring emblem. Sounds like a team in the replacements movie. I will never forgive fan for that one. If you wanna change it cause you think it’ll help your image; fine. But a huge majority begged you to rename it red wolves, and you didn’t even care. God I hate that man

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Not to derail the thread, but I think the opposite is actually true.  The soon to be previous ownership botched the rebrand at SUCH an EPIC proportion, if they DON'T rebrand, we'll be the laughingstock of the league. 

Not to mention, you'll never get back the massively large Native American fan contingent until there is at least a subtle nod to preserve the heritage. 

RedWolves is the ONLY answer, and I really think the Bezos/Redwolves train is firing up.  They will make an insane amount of money in merch sales if they get the final rebrand right under new ownership. 

One can hope. 

"if they DON'T rebrand, we'll be the laughingstock of the league. "

Not even slightly is this true. Only in the minds of dispirited Washington fans does this make any sense. Nobody else is waiting feverishly for us to come up with a better name. Nobody else gives a **** now. And it's almost guaranteed that whatever the new name will be will also be met with derision and jokes about "Maybe if they change it a 5th time they'll get it right."

"you'll never get back the massively large Native American fan contingent until there is at least a subtle nod to preserve the heritage."

For the most part, that's gone forever. It wasn't protesters who caused the name to change, it was sponsors. Sponsors and the league have already made the statement (figuratively if not literally) that cultural appropriation is not gonna be the norm anymore. The Chiefs will end up being next, although it will be more down the road. They aren't backtracking from that without bringing on a bunch of negative press...and with everything else this franchise has gone through in terms of negative press, they aren't about to purposefully invite more over a matter they considered closed.

"RedWolves is the ONLY answer"

If the question is "What name could Washington give themselves that would make things worse," then yeah lol...along with Warriors, Admirals, Monuments, going back to Football Team...I know there is a small contingent of RedWolves supporters who have convinced themselves that they are actually represent an overwhelming majority of the fan base, but RedWolves has lost whatever sheen it MAY have had for those fans who weren't diehard supporters of the name. Most people accept the new name and move on.

Seriously, a new name at this point along with a new logo, possibly new uniforms, new owner...we're guaranteeing we're seen as little more than an expansion team with next to no connection to the 80+ years of "Redskins"...because that connection was not rooted in Native American imagery. It was rooted in the players and coaches and the experience of consistent, sustained winning and championships. Changing the name again would be too many changes in an incredibly short time. Thinking that a new owner will result in a new name/logo/everything else is wishful thinking. The league will feel Bezos is good for their bank accounts if he's willing to have a franchise in London...not because he's willing to have a franchise called "RedWolves".

• Like 1

Right, how can he claim he cares about the fans when he didn't listen to them about the name?

It could have been salvaged if Tanya came up with a decent logo and uniforms, but they didn't bother to consult anyone with expertise in that field. Kind of how they do everything else: half-assed.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

"if they DON'T rebrand, we'll be the laughingstock of the league. "

Not even slightly is this true. Only in the minds of dispirited Washington fans does this make any sense. Nobody else is waiting feverishly for us to come up with a better name. Nobody else gives a **** now. And it's almost guaranteed that whatever the new name will be will also be met with derision and jokes about "Maybe if they change it a 5th time they'll get it right."

"you'll never get back the massively large Native American fan contingent until there is at least a subtle nod to preserve the heritage."

For the most part, that's gone forever. It wasn't protesters who caused the name to change, it was sponsors. Sponsors and the league have already made the statement (figuratively if not literally) that cultural appropriation is not gonna be the norm anymore. The Chiefs will end up being next, although it will be more down the road. They aren't backtracking from that without bringing on a bunch of negative press...and with everything else this franchise has gone through in terms of negative press, they aren't about to purposefully invite more over a matter they considered closed.

"RedWolves is the ONLY answer"

If the question is "What name could Washington give themselves that would make things worse," then yeah lol...along with Warriors, Admirals, Monuments, going back to Football Team...I know there is a small contingent of RedWolves supporters who have convinced themselves that they are actually represent an overwhelming majority of the fan base, but RedWolves has lost whatever sheen it MAY have had for those fans who weren't diehard supporters of the name. Most people accept the new name and move on.

Seriously, a new name at this point along with a new logo, possibly new uniforms, new owner...we're guaranteeing we're seen as little more than an expansion team with next to no connection to the 80+ years of "Redskins"...because that connection was not rooted in Native American imagery. It was rooted in the players and coaches and the experience of consistent, sustained winning and championships. Changing the name again would be too many changes in an incredibly short time. Thinking that a new owner will result in a new name/logo/everything else is wishful thinking. The league will feel Bezos is good for their bank accounts if he's willing to have a franchise in London...not because he's willing to have a franchise called "RedWolves".

You know I love ya, and I love your posts...but on this topic, agree to disagree.  I think your points are flat out wrong. The final rebrand is coming, and that's very valuable to whomever the new owner is. My $.02.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 3

7 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

You know I love ya, and I love your posts...but on this topic, agree to disagree.  I think your points are flat out wrong. The final rebrand is coming, and that's very valuable to whomever the new owner is. My $.02.

If there is one final rebramnd on the horizon, what if it's Admirals? lol...I mean, for all we know whoever the new owner is might actually think Commanders is a good name. Not sure why we think everyone feels the same way some fans do.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 4

On 11/2/2022 at 4:16 PM, profusion said:

Why would the NFL try to tamp down the valuation? It's in their interest to get mega-billionaires throwing offers at Snyder left and right in a bidding frenzy. The valuation just sets the floor for that process. His franchise sells for an inflated price, and their franchises also dramatically go up in value.

As I understand it, the fiscal book revelation is being considered a low-punch by the other NFL owners, since it affected their own pockets.

That's why let the dogs out and are going full medieval against Snyder. They are forcing him to sell low and undervalue the franchise.

The NFL is a club. You go against one of those guys and the rest are going to protect him.

Problem for Snyder is he went against ALL of them with the book-keeping fiasco that's now being investigated.

20 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I't probably been said, but big props to Jim Irsay who got the ball rolling on this.  He may be just one owner, but his words spoke volumes at the time and it may have had an effect on Snyder 

Irsay's face turn and redemption arc on this board has been phenomenal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Something that is irritating me as this conversation has developed is this notion that this new owner would automatically choose to rebrand the team.  I want to be happy Snyder appears to be heading out the door, but I sure as hell ain’t trying to deal with all that rebrand crap again.  I think expecting that another rebrand is coming simply because a new owner may be coming is setting yourself up for serious disappointment at a time we should all be ecstatic.

I’m pretty sure the NFL at large had significant input into this rebrand here in D.C, and I doubt very seriously they are going to want to do it again.  

The conversation has been if Dan Snyder leaves it’s all good.  Now it’s become if Dan Snyder leaves and the new owner picks another name it’s all good.  I still don’t get this irrational obsessive hate from some for Commanders.  It’s better than a slew of other team names across the sports spectrum and it makes sense for D.C.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

On 11/2/2022 at 5:50 PM, Ball Security said:

Brad Johnson

The Schottenheimer family

Ryan Clark

Antonio Pierce

Lavar Arrington

Mike Nolan

Norv Turner

Scot McLoughin (sp)

Frank Herzog

that’s a start.

Stephen Davis

Pierre Garçon

Kirk Cousins

Trent Williams

We let these guys go due to some idiotic decisions by the FO headed by El Dano.

Lot's of bad blood in that group.

Edited by El Mexican
  • Sad 1

Lol some of you still haven’t figured out that the name was the scape goat for people not wanting to work with snyder and not wanting to be associated with the team 

that name isn’t coming back. But this nonsense about how sacred the commanders name has become is hilarious 

it’s been here 9 months and now the nfl wouldn’t let us rebrand again cause omg what a risk 😂 

1 minute ago, El Mexican said:

Hey we chased out the Shanahans, McVay, Lafleur… 

all for a guy that’s calling Baylor games and providing QB analysis for espn 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Stephen Davis

Pierre Garçon

Kirk Cousins

Trent Williams

Lot's of bad blood in that group.

Hell, just Stephen Davis and Trent alone. Yikes. Both those moves broke my soul.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

What I love about ES is the rampant escalation:

-Dan is selling!

-Dan is selling, new owner will be Jeff Bezos!

-Dan is selling, new owner will be Jeff Bezos, and he’s going to get us a real head coach!

-Dan is selling, new owner is Bezos, getting a new head coach, and will rebrand the rebrand!

-All of the above plus sponsor fans on space flights!

-All of the above, including the space flights + found miracle drug that allows Peyton Manning to come back, play for this franchise 100% healthy and lead us to 14 Super Bowls, one of which will be played in space!

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

-Dan is selling!

-Dan is selling, new owner will be Jeff Bezos!

-Dan is selling, new owner will be Jeff Bezos, and he’s going to get us a real head coach!

-Dan is selling, new owner is Bezos, getting a new head coach, and will rebrand the rebrand!

-All of the above plus sponsor fans on space flights!

-All of the above, including the space flights + found miracle drug that allows Peyton Manning to come back, play for this franchise 100% healthy and lead us to 14 Super Bowls, one of which will be played in space!

You forgot the weekly jetpack giveaway

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If there is one final rebramnd on the horizon, what if it's Admirals? lol...I mean, for all we know whoever the new owner is might actually think Commanders is a good name. Not sure why we think everyone feels the same way some fans do.

I am not sure if the new owner will go through another rebrand. However, in my opinion any name Dan didn’t choose is better. We don’t need a permanent mark on the franchise tied to Dan. All association with him needs to be erased forever. The new owner only has a small window of time to do it. Needs to get done. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

that name isn’t coming back. But this nonsense about how sacred the commanders name has become is hilarious 

Not sacred, not yet, but seriously who in the hell wants to deal with that again, and then all the endless ****ing and moaning that comes when they AGAIN don’t pick Redwolves or “something better”.  Going back to those conversations it’s been well documented I did not like Redwolves, because I didn’t think it was fitting or noble enough for an NFL team.  With that said, I probably would have grown to like the name had it been the choice, but the endless whining over it not being chosen for the last 9 months has made me hate it more than Cowboys.  

20 hours ago, MIB__KEVIN said:

Sometimes bring a Fan is just that. Im a fan of a team that excited me once with wins and Super Bowls. Now I’m a fan of a team

i remember winning Super Bowls and getting wins and that still excites me. 

That's nice, man.

You know what's even better? To stop being the NFL laughingstock like we've been for the past 20+ years due in large part to owner's incompetence.

Also: leaving the putrid stench behind of a corrupt, vouyeristic, arrogant, abusive NFL owner. 

• Thumb up 1

Some of you guys are just too easy.

The name definitely needs to be changed. Unless the league won't allow it, which I cannot see happening. 

Dan Snyder basically rapes the fanbase for his Home and Yacht +everything else for 23 years while providing nothing to cheer for but incompetence then at the end he gets to name the baby as he walks out the door as well?

**** that ****.

Just change it.

Nobody with any sense wants to spend the rest of their lives rooting for Dan Snyders renamed team when it's so easy to just change it to what at least some of the fans want. Even if most hate it, it won't be 1/2 as bad as the pathetic Commanders. 

• Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 3

10 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Something that is irritating me as this conversation has developed is this notion that this new owner would automatically choose to rebrand the team.  I want to be happy Snyder appears to be heading out the door, but I sure as hell ain’t trying to deal with all that rebrand crap again.  I think expecting that another rebrand is coming simply because a new owner may be coming is setting yourself up for serious disappointment at a time we should all be ecstatic.

I’m pretty sure the NFL at large had significant input into this rebrand here in D.C, and I doubt very seriously they are going to want to do it again.  

The conversation has been if Dan Snyder leaves it’s all good.  Now it’s become if Dan Snyder leaves and the new owner picks another name it’s all good.  I still don’t get this irrational obsessive hate from some for Commanders.  It’s better than a slew of other team names across the sports spectrum and it makes sense for D.C.

I think it's a bit more nuanced than that.  

I thought RedWolves was a pretty good name.  I think what I liked most were some of the mockups that I saw being posted on Twitter, I thought they looked pretty cool.  But what made me happy about it is it seemed like a lot of the fans were getting behind it, too. It seemed like a name that a lot of the fans could agree on.  And not that it was important but it kept Red in the name, same amount of syllables.  

But what pissed me off about the whole ordeal was that video that came out a month or two before the rebrand was revealed where Jason Wright was hyping their process, hyping all the submissions that they'd gone through and was all like "We're doing this for you!" and "We're taking you seriously" but it was clear to them that one name was getting a lot of traction and they couldn't do it because of copyright infringement or whatever, and that name was RedWolves.  Something about how the name crossed over with other team names in other sports/leagues and they couldn't use it.

Which everyone called bull**** on, you don't have to look far to find instances of different teams in different sports having the same nickname.  It reeked of laziness and, IMO, I felt like Wright was just lying his ass off in that video.  "We're fighting for you!" or whatever platitude he said.  Yeah, right.

So they landed on Commanders and the word on the street that Dan was involved with it, that Dan pushed for it.  Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure but based on how much he's meddled on everything during his ownership tenure, it's not hard to believe.  Anyway, Ron was involved with it which I thought was weird because he's a head coach and it's not like he's got Joe Gibbs weight around here.

When you add up that they did this whole charade of making the fans feel like their voice was being heard, tried to make it appear that they were really going above and beyond here and then outright dismissed the name that had gained the most groundswell on some ticky tack bull****, then they tried to sell us on the idea that Commanders was, like, the runner up name that everyone but no one was really excited about, finding out that Dan might have influenced it and that Ron certainly influenced it...I mean, **** this name and this rebrand.  

I think some people just find the name to be bland, lame, etc.  But for me and I believe a certain segment of other diehard fans, the whole thing was just a slap in the face.  And it's for that reason that I hope a new owner does another rebrand.  Get rid of Snyder's stank.

Ultimately, you're right.  We should be thanking our lucky stars that it looks like he's going to sell and we'll have a new owner and that owner can't possibly be as bad as Snyder's been.  But in daydreaming about what a new owner may or may not do, I think it's perfectly reasonable to dream on the idea that we can have an owner who'd actually listen to the fans and do it right.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Live look-in at KDawg getting back from the future.

KwzL.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1