Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

Look psyched about a win, but pump the brakes! It’s the Colts with a rookie QB and we got outta there by the Redskin of our teeth (see what I did there) 

Guts, moxie, balls TH has it all but reality not a good QB not even close to mediocre but he is the best chance to win on the roster so let the season play out with him, no matter what it will be exciting, it’s better than watching Wentz take 10 sacks a game. But let’s pump the brakes on wild card, and all this other talk, we barely and I mean baaaaaaaareerrrrrrrrlllllllyyyyyyy beat the Colts. 

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

You have to have your head buried real far in the sand to call that the game winning pass.

That was a game winning catch, the pass might as well have just been tossed up in the air by the referee.

Yeah, that was a 50/50 ball at best.  I'd say it was more like a 60/40 ball, with the 60 going to Gilmore but Terry is vicious and wasn't going to be denied.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'd absolutely give TH credit if he had made a great pass, but he didn't. He made a horrible pass that probably 95% of the time would have been a game ending interception, but Terry McLaurin is basically a wizard and saved it.

Would you perhaps consider giving TH a smidgen of credit for the two late 4th down conversions?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

You have to have your head buried real far in the sand to call that the game winning pass.

That was a game winning catch, the pass might as well have just been tossed up in the air by the referee.

Wish Terry had not waited so long this year to start making those catches.  What was he doing at the beginning of the year????

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

Correction! 

Mediocre QB for 57 minutes

Awful game plan and play calling for 57 minutes. 

Threw a game wining TD to one of the greatest playmakers that have graced the Burgundy and Gold which Terry snatched and secured with the will of his football life.

The game plan was exactly what you needed when you have the literal most limited QB in the league playing.  Turner knows you can only throw screens and pray.

And hope you get lucky.  Which this week, they did. 

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

You're right, but maybe they can make the playoffs as the third wild card and lose there.

Enjoy the win. Great to beat Jim Irsay, even though he’s helping in getting rid of Dan.

To see him lose a game they should’ve won. Allow TH and Scary Terry to work their magic to get us in position to win.

It won’t last though. Yes, we are in 8th place ;right behind San Fran but we will be 4-6 after the next 2 games.

We will need one of the nfc east teams to collapse for us to have a shot at the 7th wild card. For that to happen, we need to sweep the Giants.

Right now we are probably 7-10/8-9.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The way I see it our defense is probably championship caliber(in today's NFL anyways)but the offense is bottom 5 tier so it balances out to .500 ish.

The offense hasnt played a good passing attack in 8 games. Hell they have played one average one.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The game plan was exactly what you needed when you have the literal most limited QB in the league playing.  Turner knows you can only throw screens and pray.

And hope you get lucky.  Which this week, they did. 

Lol! 

Can we agree to celebrate the victory?

New Friends Love GIF by Chippy the Dog

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

I'll take the win, but this ain't sustainable - not in terms of the offensive coaching. This was two really bad trans and we were less bad, at least today. We can't pull this **** against legit squads.

Reminds me of the win streak last year, amazing we got 4 in a row but after each game it was like waiting for reality to kick in.

And when it did, it was brutal to watch.

We could beat the Vikings with our defense, running game, and Taylor limiting turnovers.

So even if we get outclassed by the Eagles, we'd still be at .500 at striking distance for the playoffs. 

That's really what matters right now...

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yes it is when you can’t make the throw.

That play happens 10 times, it’s an INT 8 of them.  It was so short Terry had to go through the DB to get to it. 

McLaurin's catch rate on contested passes make it not a gamble. It's what he does best. 

I think this discussion is about perspective and if one is coming to it from the angle that TH is a problem, one could argue he got bailed out by Terry. If you see the win as impressive and gutty, you praise him for giving his player a chance to do what he gets paid to do.

I view that pass as common sense and a good use of resources, though it could have been executed a little better. 

TH needs to be replaced with a franchise quarterback, obviously, but he's not the worst of our problems. The worst of our problems is an even shorter man than TH and never puts our players in position to succeed.

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 5

:ols:

I love the lipstick on a pig treatment of Heinicke now.

Dude practically did everything he could to lose the game, and then got bailed out at the end when Terry snatched away another interception.

Yes TH made a couple of nice plays on that drive, but we need to be honest here: he was awful for about 99% of the game, and had little to do with the miracle catch at the end.

• Like 2

OMG - the Whiners are stirred UP!

I have been a Washington football fan for a long time.  If you can't appreciate the roller-coaster ride of a game like this, that is a shame.  That is the best we can hope for at this time with this owner.  Enjoy the day, the play, the win, the loss.  It's football and we aren't great - so what?

A busted play, QB waves the talented WR downfield, WR out-wrestles a quality CB on a 50/50 ball to setup the ball on the one.  Sweet!

"Should have been picked off."  What a shame you didn't enjoy it.  

:229:The Rook

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, mistertim said:

:ols:

I love the lipstick on a pig treatment of Heinicke now.

Dude practically did everything he could to lose the game, and then got bailed out at the end when Terry snatched away another interception.

Yes TH made a couple of nice plays on that drive, but we need to be honest here: he was awful for about 99% of the game, and had little to do with the miracle catch at the end.

It is no differnet than a hail mary throw. Our guy won the battle. We won. Move on!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I though he was bad for all 60. That last pass was one of his worst

I’m going to be completely shocked if the combined score of the next 2 weeks isn’t something approaching 70-20. 

The colts fielded an offense with a 6th round QB in his first game.  The packers brought Joe Barry. 

TH totally lucked out he could play in those scenarios.

They’re going to be curb stomped with this type of offense the best 2 weeks.