Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Commandos Cut The Cheese

KDawg

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Always appreciate, I just don't know to whom this is in reference to.  Chase?

The first tweet says “very slim chance Young plays Vs colts”. So, unless Darrell Young decided to come out of retirement (least I think he’s retired), yes its about chase :P 

plus the very obvious first three words of the first tweet: “Chase Young news” 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I'm more than comfortable saying the D as a whole is at least NFL average. Probably a little bit better. I'll just say they are a good unit.

I don't wanna say they are great due to the majority of their accolades coming against some pretty week competition that almost guarded themselves.

Lawrence and Fields flat out missing gimmies and opponents playing patty-cake with walk in TDs still sit in my head.

I do give the D some extra credit for doing this while being anchored down by our Offense tho. They often succeed w/o the assistance of a complementary unit and many times a detrimental one.

Yeah, I think it’s turned into a pretty good D.  Good pressure, stout in the middle against the run, decent in coverage.  
Got Curl back after he missed those first two games, St Juste and Davis are playing well.  
We haven’t played a truly good offense though, even if I think Philly is a tricky one to play against.    

17 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Did we even have a RG and RT on this play? lol...jeebus.

For whatever it's worth, Lucas actually kidnof does what he's supposed to do which is take the outside rusher and push him behind the QB.  The QB is supposed to be able to step up and avoid that pressure. He didn't get a great push, but he got his hands on the defender, and re-routed him wider outside than he wanted to go.  I give that a solid "C" block.  He could have gotten a better push or ridden him further back.  He got beat, but not badly, and he re-routed his guy. Also, the play looks like it was a quick-throw to McLaurin out of the back-field. I think Lucas' job was to aid the DE up-field out of the throwing lane, which he kindof did.  (And Kindof didn't, the DE kindof did it to himself.)

Charles, on the other hand, loses IMMEDIATELY on what can generously be deemed a swim move.  I actually think the defender just ran forward, and had to get his arms around as Charles was moving out of the way more than it was "a swim move."  

But the fact Charles loses immediately, the average work Lucas put in turns into kindof a disaster because now TH has a guy right behind him, and a guy in his lap.  

Even if Lucas had completely stonewalled his guy, the fact Charles completely wiffs means TH is going to have to evade before he has a chance to do anything else.

I'm hard on TH. (For very good reason.)  However, one of his few positive traits is he has quick feet in the pocket, and can make the evade move very quickly.  Wentz doesn't have that.  Wentz has a much greater chance of taking a sack there.  

That said, if Wentz does evade, chances are he makes the same throw.  The TE was wide open right in front of him.  

Charles needs to not suck.  Sadly, he came into the season as the third string guard, and now he's a starter because 1) Schweitzer got hurt again and 2) Turner sucks toes.  

Another thing that's interesting play design:  It looks like TH's primary read is to the right. I think he's trying to go quick-game to McLaurin who's lined up in the backfield, and has a lot of space.  And instead of double teaming the DT on the play-side to give TH a clear passing lane to the right, they double team the DT on the back side, which leaves Charles 1:1 on the play side.  If Larsen helps Charles, even if Norwell loses as quickly as Charles does, the ball should be out to McLaurin.. I wonder why they double-teamed the back-side.  

It could be the read actually was back to the left, and TH was holding the safety by looking right.  But I don't think so.  I think McLaurin was expecting the ball immediately.  But when he looked back, TH was running with his head turned the opposite direction because Charles might as well not even been standing there.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, I think it’s turned into a pretty good D.  Good pressure, stout in the middle against the run, decent in coverage.  
Got Curl back after he missed those first two games, St Juste and Davis are playing well.  
We haven’t played a truly good offense though, even if I think Philly is a tricky one to play against.    

Showing us as second in the league (Tennessee) at opponent 3rd down percentage 29.55%....2021 was 48%

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The first tweet says “very slim chance Young plays Vs colts”. So, unless Darrell Young decided to come out of retirement (least I think he’s retired), yes its about chase :P 

plus the very obvious first three words of the first tweet: “Chase Young news” 

Can't click on the tweet because it doesn't work on this computer, but thank you for being a jackass about it. As we're seeing with the defense, consistency is key.

More from Rivera: “We want to be fair to the kid, we want to make sure the conditioning is right and that he can do all the football things he’s gonna need to do because the last thing you want to do is get him out there too early.” Full intvw coming on @NBC4Sports

— JP Finlay (@JPFinlayNBCS) October 24, 2022

Also, can you point out what you were talking about?  I'm no readingologist but in the post I quoted, which I quoted above for your convenience, nothing that you were attempting to be condescending about is mentioned.

Again, though, thanks for the consistency.

Edited by NewCliche21
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I want to see them do it against a better offense than the Bears and Packers.  (And yes, it's WILD to think the Packer's offense with Rodgers is THIS bad, but it's PUTRID.)  

Next will be a bigger test against Indy, and then the real test is the following 2 weeks against Minnesota and the Eagles.  

My prediction, which I REALLY REALLY hope to be wrong about, is they are going to get cub-stomped all the way around by both of those teams.  Like, put head on curb and bring down big-ass cowboy boot directly on head curb-stomped.  

If they can keep this up against Kurt and the Eagles, then we've got something.  

I do think Davis is starting to play a whole lot better, and that will help a lot.  But I could see us giving up 30 points the next 3 weeks, and certainly to both the Vikings and Eagles.  

So, we'll see.  I'm still worried the defense the last 3 weeks has been aided by the Titan's passing game sucking Fields looking like a bust, and GB's offense in disarray.  

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Can't click on the tweet because it doesn't work on this computer, but thank you for being a jack***about it. As we're seeing with the defense, consistency is key.

Didn’t mean any harm, just messin with you :) i did take into account that there was a chance you didn’t see the tweet. Couldn’t help myself though. 

again, no harm intended! 

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Can't click on the tweet because it doesn't work on this computer, but thank you for being a jackass about it. As we're seeing with the defense, consistency is key.

Also, can you point out what you were talking about?  I'm no readingologist but in the post I quoted, which I quoted above for your convenience, nothing that you were attempting to be condescending about is mentioned.

Thread

See new Tweets

Conversation

JP Finlay

@JPFinlayNBCS

·

1h

Chase Young news: Ron Rivera tells me “more than likely” Commanders start 21-day return from IR clock Wednesday AM, but “very slim” chance Young plays vs Colts. Rivera wants to focus on Young’s football conditioning first.

JP Finlay

@JPFinlayNBCS

More from Rivera: “We want to be fair to the kid, we want to make sure the conditioning is right and that he can do all the football things he’s gonna need to do because the last thing you want to do is get him out there too early.” Full intvw coming on

@NBC4Sports

Maybe this helps clear things up

• Thanks 1

Looking ahead at the schedule, they need to go at least 3-2 over the next 5 and it is doable because even if they lose to the Eagles and Texans, they do have the Colts, Texans and Falcons on the docket. They would then need to go 3-2 vs the Giants (2x), Cowboys, Niners and Browns to get to 9-8. By the time you get to December, injuries will pile up. Given how much the Giants, Cowboys, Niners and Browns focus on the running game, the teams that come in December will likely look different than the teams now. I, for one, expect the Giants to start slowing down as they are beating bad to mediocre teams. Their game against the Cowboys showed what they look like against a good team. Given they are 6-1, they are still making the playoffs though.

34 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Like I said, wasn’t trying to be mean, my reply was all in good fun :) 

the tweet I was referring to was the tweet that was right above the one you showed me (which you said you can’t click on from your computer, and I completely understand that)

again, wasnt at all trying to be mean :)  

18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Sweat was really good the last two games, but didn't do much as a pass rusher today, which was disappointing considering how bad the Packers OL is. The DL did its job today, I think the Packers overcompensated for Quinnen Williams dominating them last week and sold out to protect but as a result couldn't really get any downfield passing going. We didn't blitz much at all and trusted 7 guys in coverage could handle a below average Packer WR corps and they were right.

Sweat was a monster on run pursuit on Sunday.

We played it very conservative against Aaron Rodgers.  That said, I'm also looking forward to Sweat or someone else to out technique their opponent on the edge.

• Like 1

I am sure you guys probably covered this but on radio they were saying that our D didn't allow any 3rd down conversions in the game and that hasn't happened since 2017. Does that mean our D has gone up a notch (they did play a good game) or that is the indictive of the Packers offense sucking?

9 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I am sure you guys probably covered this but on radio they were saying that our D didn't allow any 3rd down conversions in the game and that hasn't happened since 2017. Does that mean our D has gone up a notch (they did play a good game) or that is the indictive of the Packers offense sucking?

The defense held Green Bay to 0-6 on third down and 0-1 on fourth down. That is pretty impressive against any team but the Packers offense did also suck. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He’s the bills backup QB. He went in late against the titans in week 2 in the early MNF game after Josh Allen got pulled since they were up by so much. 

I remember him having a great season with the Vikings. I even think he was the one who threw a Hail Mary to Stephon Diggs against the Saints in the playoffs to win the game. Now that was one of the best playoff games I have ever watched as far as a great game goes.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Wha?

I don't think I've seen that before. We didn't give you the team we envisioned so we are shutting you down?

You can say that about half the teams in the NFL but its not something that is said out loud.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1