Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Commandos Cut The Cheese

KDawg

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Wha?

I don't think I've seen that before. We didn't give you the team we envisioned so we are shutting you down?

It’s their excuse for benching him because they want to get a high draft pick and lose a bunch of games so they can get Young, Stroud, Hooker or Levis.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s their excuse for benching him because they want to get a high draft pick and lose a bunch of games so they can get Young, Stroud, Hooker or Levis.

I’m kindof surprised Irsay hasn’t gone ballistic and fired everybody.

I can’t imagine he’s going to let Ballard and Reich pick their 9th starting QB….

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Unfortunately we can't do that here. The Commanders are run by an egotistical maniac. I know I gave you **** for not starting Howell and the second half of the game was fun and the win felt good. But like I said in the offseason need to get a franchise QB in the 2023 draft. Now I am ready for Howell and see if he can be the future if not then you get one in 2023 and bench Wentz for the season. Maybe seeing the Colt benching Matty ice might change their minds. One could hope, even though, knowing Danny boy, he wants to win every year and doesn't really care for building for the future and long term success. 

8 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Love this picture (Homer McFanboy).  This is Heinicke using the force on the 3rd down pass to Terry in the 4th quarter.

:229:The Rook

He’s about to get tattooed and he is still making a play. Kid’s got guts, I’ll give him that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Unfortunately we can't do that here. The Commanders are run by an egotistical maniac. I know I gave you **** for not starting Howell and the second half of the game was fun and the win felt good. But like I said in the offseason need to get a franchise QB in the 2023 draft. Now I am ready for Howell and see if he can be the future if not then you get one in 2023 and bench Wentz for the season. Maybe seeing the Colt benching Matty ice might change their minds. One could hope, even though, knowing Danny boy, he wants to win every year and doesn't really care for building for the future and long term success. 

Our fanbase is so weird.  We need to lose every game so we can get high draft picks, which we suck at using

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Such a weird situation. They're not a safety duo. But they do play a lot together. We run 3 safeties 70% of the snaps. Buffalo Nickel is our default defense.

4 DL, 1 LB, 3 Saf, 3 CB for 50%

4 DL, 2 LB, 3 Saf, 2 CB for 25%

4 DL, 2 LB, 2 Saf, 3 CB for 25%

Someone with actual position group numbers help me out, but I think that's roughly what we run. This is just from the past 2 weeks, as 3 weeks ago William Jackson was still playing. So D snap numbers and usage got shuffled around since the Titans game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

We still have linemen to replace him? (That haven't been benched due to bad play that is).

Schweitzer is eligible to come of IR this week.   Not sure what his deal is.   

Maybe move Cosmi to Guard?   

Is it possible Trai Turner is healthy and ready to go?

Chris Paul?   

Saddiq Charles ain't it. 

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Chris Paul?   

Saddiq Charles ain't it. 

If Schweitzer can get back in, that is great news! 

I loved the Charles draft pick, but he has sucked balls in the pros

6 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

We still have linemen to replace him? (That haven't been benched due to bad play that is).

7th round rookie Chris Paul. I think they played him at OT in training camp, was meh. Switched him to G and showed more ability there.

He was inactive last week, don't know if that's a numbers crunch or what.

21 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Gibson has been as effective as he has been specifically because he has not been starting and can stay fresh. I'm loving our RB tandem right now.

Ironically, McKissic seems like the odd man out although JD can do his thing on 3rd downs and is a good safety valve for Taylor as well.

I noticed that many agree with you and as long as we're winning I won't staunchly argue the point. I just see AG consistently out-performing BR. Better feet, stronger push, WAY better in space. BUT... Fine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I noticed that many agree with you and as long as we're winning I won't staunchly argue the point. I just see AG consistently out-performing BR. Better feet, stronger push, WAY better in space. BUT... Fine.

He wasn't better when he was a full time back.

The reason I have been pushing for him to be used more as a receiver, returnman and a spell RB is BECAUSE I thought he'd be far more effective in that role.

So far, I've been correct.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Chris Paul?   

Saddiq Charles ain't it. 

There's still hope, the Panthers could always cut someone!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

He wasn't better when he was a full time back.

The reason I have been pushing for him to be used more as a receiver, returnman and a spell RB is BECAUSE I thought he'd be far more effective in that role.

So far, I've been correct.

Again- all good and I'm no expert. I just don't YET see BR gaining more then 2-3 yards per carry AT ALL and certainly not pushing the pile. AG extends every play in which the o-line gives him a hole. 🤷‍♂️

I think I'm in the minority though so I concede.

7 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Again- all good and I'm no expert. I just don't YET see BR gaining more then 2-3 yards per carry AT ALL and certainly not pushing the pile. AG extends every play in which the o-line gives him a hole. 🤷‍♂️

Robinson was running hard, I thought. Looks great for a guy who got shot a month ago. He was running through tackles pretty often, although once it almost resulted in a fumble. I think Gibson looks much better simply due to his being more fresh and Turner not abandoning the run like he tended to do with Wentz at QB/being down by 2 scores early on.....which has as much to do with the competition level as it does with Wentz,imo.

Not to belabor the point though, you did concede.

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I'm with you on this.

Without taking anything away from Brian Robinson's miraculous comeback, Antonio Gibson has simply looked better than Robinson.  That said, I have no issue with them splitting carries, though I wish they would use Gibson a bit more and bring Robinson in as a change of pace. 

Another factor is that AG has looked really good on kick returns, so that has to factor in...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Lucas got dominated by Preston Smith. He's a nice depth tackle but Cosmi is still our best option at RT when he's healthy.  We can't afford to kick him inside without a better option on the roster for OT.  Unless we get really lucky in FA again, we're going to have to wait to draft a good OT prospect in order to kick Cosmi to guard.  The much easier path to improvement is to find a guard in FA or in the draft who gives us better options at RG than the collection of back up caliber options we currently have.

• Like 1