Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Commandos Cut The Cheese

KDawg

Per PFF:

Offensive spotlight: While he made big plays when his team needed him to, this was not a banner day for backup QB Taylor Heinicke. In all, he went 20-of-33 for 201 yards, two touchdowns and one interception, but he recorded five turnover-worthy plays on the day.

Offensive line spotlight: After looking good against the anemic Chicago Bears pass rush in Week 6, the Washington offensive line crashed back down to earth today. On first review, the line gave up 17 total pressures across 35 pass-blocking snaps for their worst single-game pressure rate of the past four seasons.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

This pic could fit either the pick 6 or the 37 yard TD to Terry. lol

But if you look at the picture carefully you can see Terry is saying something to Samuel and not Taylor. You can see Samuel looking at Terry and what he is saying. Someone on twitter pointed that out and now I see it too. 

25 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Per PFF:

Offensive spotlight: While he made big plays when his team needed him to, this was not a banner day for backup QB Taylor Heinicke. In all, he went 20-of-33 for 201 yards, two touchdowns and one interception, but he recorded five turnover-worthy plays on the day.

Offensive line spotlight: After looking good against the anemic Chicago Bears pass rush in Week 6, the Washington offensive line crashed back down to earth today. On first review, the line gave up 17 total pressures across 35 pass-blocking snaps for their worst single-game pressure rate of the past four seasons.

The broadcast said that the Packers were the #1 defense against the pass yesterday.  So this makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Per PFF:

I feel like the 5 turnover worthy plays are a Heinicke special. Its like that’s what he averages for every game he plays. I realize that may not be reality, but it just feels like it is.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I feel like the 5 turnover worthy plays are a Heinicke special. Its like that’s what he averages for every game he plays. I realize that may not be reality, but it just feels like it is.

Yesterday just seemed weird.  At the beginning of the game it looked like a total disaster and that they should probably put Howell in.  And then when the offense started to get into a rhythm, I just kept expecting a turnover or not being able to punch it in the endzone, and was pleasantly surprised.  They should have won by 5 instead of 2, but oh well a wins a win.

• Like 2

This was my yearly game in attendance and of all the football games I've ever seen, it sure was one of them. The game felt like it was at a neutral site - developed a real dislike of those ridiculous cheese head hat things. Sorta wonder how many of those people could actually find Wisconsin on a map, much less Green Bay. But despite the relatively ho-hum play by both teams (especially on offense), it was worth it to see Aaron Rogers make a fool of himself on the last play. 

Of course, I was still smoking when Taylor threw that bomb to Terry so I missed out on that but whadda gonna do?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sebestian said:

Without a doubt.  He stinks.  If he is what he should be, he should have an impact on every game.  Teams would have to gameplan for him.  He is a huge disappointment, to say the least.

Maybe they did gameplan for him?

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

But if you look at the picture carefully you can see Terry is saying something to Samuel and not Taylor. You can see Samuel looking at Terry and what he is saying. Someone on twitter pointed that out and now I see it too. 

Your right. I didn't notice that either,

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Chachie said:

Gibson should be starting.

Gibson has been as effective as he has been specifically because he has not been starting and can stay fresh. I'm loving our RB tandem right now.

Ironically, McKissic seems like the odd man out although JD can do his thing on 3rd downs and is a good safety valve for Taylor as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 hours ago, IrepDC said:

The DL comments are interesting. From what I saw, our DL controlled this game. The Packers run game was dictated by our DL. The Packers pass game was dictated by our DL. The entire Defensive scheme we are able to run, without sending extra rushers, is because of our DL. Just because we didn't get stats doesn't mean this wasn't a dominant game for them. There was a critical 3rd down where Payne sat right in the passing lane and ruined the timing of the play, for example, that doesnt show up on the statsheet. The Packers offense couldn't do anything all game primarily because their OL was never going to handle our DL. You cannot easily replace what our DL does with backups but that's just my opinion.

This is what I grabbed from our Dline yesterday. And it was lovely, I felt the same way, they were in control. Rodgers had to throw early often and our secondary did their job.

This summed up the Dline yesterday. My favorite play at 2:56 a TFL and a free hit on Rodgers they couldn't call a penalty on. I mean xmas in October???

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Side effect of his Cup'O'Noodles arm?

I feel like he throws so slowly the DB's don't know what to do with it. Like an MLB pitcher that throws a 27 mph changeup.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Side effect of his Cup'O'Noodles arm?

I feel like he throws so slowly the DB's don't know what to do with it. Like an MLB pitcher that throws a 27 mph changeup.

Yeah. I think if he had good arm he would have a pretty solid career. It kind of sucks cause I like him, but don’t want him to start. If he had a good arm we wouldn’t have brought in Wentz.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

26 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Seems to be some JDR love going around after two weeks where the defense has looked admirable.

What say you?  Believing the turnaround or did we stifle a completely inept Bears team lead by a weak Justin Fields and catch Green Bay and Rodgers at an early stage of their decline?

I do think the D has turned things around. Even against Philly they held up about as well as you can reasonably hope to against an offense like that. And they played well enough against Dallas and Tennessee for us to win those games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I do think the D has turned things around. Even against Philly they held up about as well as you can reasonably hope to against an offense like that. And they played well enough against Dallas and Tennessee for us to win those games.

We can’t beat anyone in the NFC East. We hold a 0-2 record.

31 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Seems to be some JDR love going around after two weeks where the defense has looked admirable.

What say you?  Believing the turnaround or did we stifle a completely inept Bears team lead by a weak Justin Fields and catch Green Bay and Rodgers at an early stage of their decline?

Both.

Having the balls to bench WJ3 in place of St Juste was the right thing to do despite Jackson being a big FA signing.

People want to say 2020 defense was Overrated because of how many bad offenses and QBs we played...alrighty then, how many QBs left on the schedule should the defense be afraid of?  

I predict Kirk doing Kirk things, Eagles as a whole jus being a better team then us and doing better then our first game against them.  What the hell is going on with Dak?

In which case it only matters so much, can't pick your schedule, jus have to play it.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

the past couple of games Jamin Davis has been flying around everywhere; the front 4 (read sweat really) has been dominant; also, WJ3 has been “out”.  Coincidence?…im not sure if that’s coaching, competition level or younger guys clicking together finally.  We’ve had the luxury of being very vanilla recently.  We’ve also had our butts handed to us against superior offenses. I think we’re somewhere in the middle with CY giving us the potential to be top tier.  

…random but I want to see more butler and less Forrest

I'm more than comfortable saying the D as a whole is at least NFL average. Probably a little bit better. I'll just say they are a good unit.

I don't wanna say they are great due to the majority of their accolades coming against some pretty week competition that almost guarded themselves.

Lawrence and Fields flat out missing gimmies and opponents playing patty-cake with walk in TDs still sit in my head.

I do give the D some extra credit for doing this while being anchored down by our Offense tho. They often succeed w/o the assistance of a complementary unit and many times a detrimental one.