Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Tom Brady missed out on an undefeated season because of pass rush, and he had a good OLine.  We’re asking Wentz to beat the best pass rush behind the worst Offensive Line in football.  

And we’re mad that he can’t.  

Wentz is exactly what I thought he was going to be.

Im super pissed at Ron and company for sitting out FA on the OL and not just hoarding OL.  We get a guy who you have to protect and the. You give him S.Charles, Turner,  Norwell, etc.

And Ron’s instinct is going to be to try to be more conservative.

I’ve been a Ron guy.  But I’m just about out in him.  This is inexcusable and was fairly predictable.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I dunno.  I find it hard to blame him, he’s just been absolutely crushed the entire game play after play after play, just completely beat up and any QB who just gets beat up for an entire game, and now kickoff 3 game in a row…

He is the type of QB a defense can punk. I saw it clearly last week and saw it again today. That is not excusing the OL. It's just acknowledging Wentz isn't mentally tough. He's the kind of QB defenders like to play because we know we can take his heart early and he will lay down. Cousins was like that too. 

Just now, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

If we’ve got our head screwed on we do a Gruden to Callahan type deal and get Ron out before he gets us to around 10th in the draft

Bin Carson off at the end of the season and draft a QB

im a big Howell fan, so I’m all in for him when he’s ready

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

You can’t have good footwork when you’re being pushed backwards.  

Even when he has protection he's ready to rush the throw. The footwork was bad even against the Jaguars. Heinicke can scramble and make plays and there is no doubt we win today if he's in there. I'm not saying Heinicke is the future or anything but he would have done better today than Wentz. Put Heinicke in and dress Howell. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He had a guy in his lap pushing him backwards as he tried to throw that.  And he still got it out there.

That ball with TH is a punt and picked off.

Im not going to say Wentz is playing well.

But if you don’t think the OL is the problem, you have no idea what you’re looking at.  None.  At all.

To be fair they are both a problem. Wentz sucks. He just sucks more because the Oline is a sieve. 

Gotta bench wentz. 

the team may not be any good anyways - Rivera makes some terrible decisions and while I always liked turner this is 2 games in a row where bad coaching was just everywhere with play calling. 

It’s a bad football team with wentz at qb. It just is. He looks awful. Lost. Immobile. Not even sure he understands the coverages he’s seeing 

I can sense the Hineckie Hive coming back from the Dead, and I just want to tell yall now to kick rocks on broken glass.

They aren't gonna bench Wentz for him no matter how much you miss Taylor diving for the end zone and getting your panties wet watching him throw ducks that get our WRs killed...

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Chasing draft position again, sadly I don’t think we need a QB…. So who will it be?? 

As we can’t get decent FAs here we’d have to trade out for picks to address all those others needs, CB, Edge, OT, LB, OG, S etc etc etc

1 minute ago, CO68 said:

They’re both the problem. He’s far from the only QB to ever face pressure. It’s like our line will give up a sack, then Wentz will do whatever he can to get sacked. Rinse and repeat. 

Before I put a lot on him, I’d like to see 1 pass where he had time to step into the throw.  

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I can sense the Hineckie Hive coming back from the Dead, and I just want to tell yall now to kick rocks on broken glass.

They aren't gonna bench Wentz for him no matter how much you miss Taylor diving for the end zone and getting your panties wet watching him throw ducks that get our WRs killed...

I love it when you talk dirty....

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, let's set up a rookie QB for failure.  

At least he can protect himself with his legs. And its not like we arent already a failure anyways,. We need to find out what we have there. We are going to picking highly in this draft. We just are. 

3 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Btw. The idea that this is on the Online is ridiculous.

The O line hasn't been bad. In fact i saw a stat that showed Wentz actually had the 4th most time in the pocket.

He doesnt step up, he doest recognize blitzes, he doesn't do hot reads, he hold the ball forever.

The issue is not the line. It's wentz

I’m curious what he’s supposed to step up into exactly?  

I honestly can’t think of a more embarrassing post than to say “The a Oline hasn’t been bad”.

I don’t care an iota about Wentz.  I’d be fine at this point if they let Heineke start and lose out.  But to suggest the line hasn’t been bad indicates you may be blind.  To cite some phantom stat with no context  as proof you are right, phew.

• Thumb up 1