Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Antonio Pierce needs an interview with the Commanders if LV doesn't hire him. He brings culture and attitude that is awesome....look at his team playing for him. He is legit.

His team lost to the Vikings 3-0 less than a week ago. He beat the Chargers. I'd hold off the interview invite for now.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

His team lost to the Vikings 3-0 less than a week ago. He beat the Chargers. I'd hold off the interview invite for now.

Its not really his team, he inherited all of it. They're playing hard for him and he looks the part to me. I didn't say hire him, but I'd talk to him. 

8 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Ehhh...

They dropped a goose egg a couple of days ago. Where was the attitude then.

I think this was just a case of a team that just got kicked in the pride getting the opportunity to play a team that has had its heart already ripped out. I think any team comes out rabid in that scenario.

Regardless, the defense is balling, bringing heat, forcing turnovers....everything our defense doesn't do. I'd interview him and not just because of the Rooney Rule.

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

What about Staley as DC? I know he ran the Rams defense when they were #1. The Chargers D has been awful.

I’ve seen a couple of posts from analysts that say Chargers roster is way overrated 

That may be best, but it's hard for these HC's to go back to being an OC or DC...just like Rivera. In Staley's case he should because he was clearly over his head as an HC. The main problem with the Chargers is indeed the roster.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

43 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

That may be best, but it's hard for these HC's to go back to being an OC or DC...just like Rivera. In Staley's case he should because he was clearly over his head as an HC. The main problem with the Chargers is indeed the roster.

Some people just aren't HCs, but terrific coordinators. Staley seems to be one of them

58 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Some people just aren't HCs, but terrific coordinators. Staley seems to be one of them

He’s the defensive playcaller and in all 3 years has coached bottom-5 defenses despite having an offense that could score and eat clock for most of that time. I wouldn’t hire him to do anything until I’ve seen him rebound somewhere else, some guys just lose it and never get it back. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

What about Staley as DC? I know he ran the Rams defense when they were #1. The Chargers D has been awful.

I’ve seen a couple of posts from analysts that say Chargers roster is way overrated 

That Rams defense was one of the all-timers in terms of personnel. Maybe not the best way to judge the coach's talents.

I also don't see any point in thinking about coordinators until we have a better idea who's running the operation.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Conn said:

He’s the defensive playcaller and in all 3 years has coached bottom-5 defenses despite having an offense that could score and eat clock for most of that time. I wouldn’t hire him to do anything until I’ve seen him rebound somewhere else, some guys just lose it and never get it back. 

image.jpeg.8a9202b0ff8dbe681fa36887a20aff98.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I saw this and posted Keim about it.  I was waiting for him to confirm.  

I doubt Keim confirms, I think it would get him in trouble.  Nothing official as to Ron being fired at the end of the season but its a forgone conclusion.  Keim among others talk about it like its a forgone conclusion. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

It is really a shame about Rivera, when Rivera got hired, I really thought that Rivera is going to turn the Redskins around but that did not happen

When he was hired I was excited because I thought it was the best Dan could do: hire a respected coach who wasn’t going to run a clown shoe organization, and hope for the best.  

For the most part that’s come true.  The issue has been they have done a very bad job at roster construction and haven’t found a QB.

Ron needed to find a much better GM and empower them.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

When he was hired I was excited because I thought it was the best Dan could do: hire a respected coach who wasn’t going to run a clown shoe organization, and hope for the best.  

For the most part that’s come true.  The issue has been they have done a very bad job at roster construction and haven’t found a QB.

Ron needed to find a much better GM and empower them.  

That was the problem. He was hired to run the organization and there was absolutely no reason to believe he would be any good at that.