Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I feel like that this isn’t the first time I’ve heard someone allude to the captains in a similar manner.

Β 

Was Young a captain? He was in previous years. Traded.

Allen. Fantasizes about playing elsewhere.

Reeves: IR

Howell: playing to keep his job

McLaurin: Out there running cardio.

Β 

What a miserable season.

Β 

I got the vibe that Terry is the one true defacto captain but he's still a quiet dude.

Β 

We don't have a London Fletcher, Antonio Pierce type.Β  Terry is more of a lead by example guy like Kerrigan was, etc.Β 

Β 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Β 

I got the vibe that Terry is the one true defacto captain but he's still a quiet dude.

Β 

We don't have a London Fletcher, Antonio Pierce type.Β  Terry is more of a lead by example guy like Kerrigan was, etc.Β 

Β 

Everything I’ve heard about Reaves is he is a valued leader. Not having him definitely hurt the locker room.Β 
Β 

One of the reasons I want Allen gone for a 2nd. Need to open room for new leaders who truly are leaders.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, method man said:

Everything I’ve heard about Reaves is he is a valued leader. Not having him definitely hurt the locker room.Β 
Β 

One of the reasons I want Allen gone for a 2nd. Need to open room for new leaders who truly are leaders.

Β 

Allen was a leader, we broke him.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

Allen was a leader, we broke him.

We didn't break Allen. He just didn't win in Washington and has become impatient.

Β 

Nothing wrong with that and can't blame him.

Β 

Time to find new strong leaders on offense and defense.

Β 

I new one I can see on the offense is Cosmi. He proved himself this year and has some of those qualities. Who knows, we will see.

5 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

We didn't break Allen. He just didn't win in Washington and has become impatient.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Dude didn't even make the Pro Bowl and was arguably our best player last year.Β  I'd say he's going through a lot, a lot of which is our fault, and I doubt we get the Allen we paid for here.Β  It will take a lot to win him back.

Β 

5 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I new one I can see on the offense is Cosmi. He proved himself this year and has some of those qualities. Who knows, we will see.

Β 

It's hard for me to say anyone on the oline proved themselves in a positive way this season.Β  The bar is too low for what a leader is here if you honestly believe that, imo.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

Dude didn't even make the Pro Bowl and was arguably our best player last year.Β  I'd say he's going through a lot, a lot of which is our fault, and I doubt we get the Allen we paid for here.Β  It will take a lot to win him back.

Wasn't he battling planter fasciitis over the year slowing him and causing pain? That's nobody's fault.

Β 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

It's hard for me to say anyone on the oline proved themselves in a positive way this season.Β  The bar is too low for what a leader is here if you honestly believe that, imo.

yeah the OL sucked balls this year but character and leaders can be built up over time. I do expect the new regime to be looking to bring in a few high character leader types via FA and possibly through the draft. Hey, a top 5 QB selection you'd expect would become a team leader,Β 

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

I think Cosmi has the rep of being a quieter dude. Leno has been the leader.

5 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Wasn't he battling planter fasciitis over the year slowing him and causing pain? That's nobody's fault.

Β 

I can't give him a pass for that...if we gonna say that's grounds for him to regress like that he's got bigger problems.

Β 

Reality is the entire defense regressed, even Payne.Β  Allen has another reason of you want to give him one, but he's not the first player to play through that.

Β 

It's not like he was missing games over it, this is actually first time I've heard it brought up in a while even though it came out he was dealing with that a while ago.

Β 

5 hours ago, DWinzit said:

yeah the OL sucked balls this year but character and leaders can be built up over time. I do expect the new regime to be looking to bring in a few high character leader types via FA and possibly through the draft. Hey, a top 5 QB selection you'd expect would become a team leader,Β 

Β 

Character and leadership are not the same thing.Β 

5 hours ago, method man said:

I think Cosmi has the rep of being a quieter dude. Leno has been the leader.

My statement was based on what limited interviews with him and when he has been mic'd up. In those he comes across vocal, supportive, positive and well liked/respected by the players around him. If he has been quieter then perhaps that amps as he becomes one of the team vets.Β 

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

I can't give him a pass for that...if we gonna say that's grounds for him to regress like that he's got bigger problems.

Β 

Reality is the entire defense regressed, even Payne.Β  Allen has another reason of you want to give him one, but he's not the first player to play through that.

Β 

It's not like he was missing games over it, this is actually first time I've heard it brought up in a while even though it came out he was dealing with that a while ago.

Allen's been a great player and leader. If he wants to leave then you let him go. If he wants to stay then a new regime will hopefully breath new life into him.Β 

They whole D played like dog ****. They were coached like dog ****. I am not trying to make excuses for him or give him a pass, he is his own man, he can do that if needed.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

Character and leadership are not the same thing.Β 

No but they usually go hand in hand. I don't want a team leader that doesn't have higher character.Β 

8 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

If we trade Allen do we have any cap hit next year?

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to 4 Days until Ron is given the boot & FIRED πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
On 1/2/2024 at 10:52 AM, kingdaddy said:

If we're gonna fire MM we do it on Monday, Jan 8th. Can't have a lame duck GM run our draft and sign our free agents. Hell, we may need to totally house clean our scouting dept too? Get the new GM in here asap to hire our new head coach and determine who we're gonna draft. Isn't this a no-brainer? Then again, why hasn't MM been fired already, there's no reason to keep him around from what I can see.

Most of the time, a new decision maker at the top making the final call on roster decisions keeps scouts and those that compiled player reports are usually kept on until the draft is over since they were the ones that did most of the legwork during the season.Β Β 

47 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Most of the time, a new decision maker at the top making the final call on roster decisions keeps scouts and those that compiled player reports are usually kept on until the draft is over since they were the ones that did most of the legwork during the season.Β Β 

That's fine, as long as we don't keep the guy who endorsed drafting Phidarius Mathis and Emmanuel Forbes in our last 2 drafts. Have the scouts bring the info to a new Director of Scouting and let him make the necessary changes to his department effective the day he is named.Β 

48 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

That's fine, as long as we don't keep the guy who endorsed drafting Phidarius Mathis and Emmanuel Forbes in our last 2 drafts. Have the scouts bring the info to a new Director of Scouting and let him make the necessary changes to his department effective the day he is named.Β 

It would not surprise me at all if Ron was overruling what the personnel people were telling him Day 1 and Day 2. I’m pretty sure a military upbringing is not a primary driver for most personnel people

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For as checked out as Ron has been, I have to imagine Mayhew and Hurney were very prevalent in who we drafted and acquired via FA.

Definitely. You just need to compare the 2020 FA and draft classes to what happened after. Too bad Ron pushed out Kyle Smith.Β 

• Like 3

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ 3 more days of RonTerror & then his Firing!πŸ˜„
3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Next Monday, when Riverboat gets fired just remember he was paid $25 million and he is headed home to warm California to enjoy retirement.

Do not feel sorry for this dude.Β  He made out like a bandit.

I’m pretty sure he made a lot more than that. Β Reportedly, 5 years $42.5M.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 1/4/2024 at 7:05 AM, markmills67 said:

If we trade Allen do we have any cap hit next year?

Β 

2024, yes. We take a $12m cap hit, and free up $10m.

Β 

Then in 2025, $23m comes off the books (with no dead hit).

Β 

That move alone gets us from $78 to $88m in 2024 cap space. Then 2025 goes from $131m in cap space to $154m in cap space.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Thumb up 1