Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The trading the pass rushers thing is a stone cold lock. Β He’s already started with that nonsense. Β 
Β 

somebody should ask why young and sweat are better for both the teams they went to rather than here. Β 

Β 

Well... Sweat, anyway. Young shows up on the stat sheets about as often as he did here, if not less. Sweat was the one no one wanted to lose, but the deal was too good to pass.Β 

10 hours ago, illone said:

Ron is a good person and well respected in NFL circles.

Β 

I wish Ron Rivera all the best.

Β 

I know he gave it everything he had in Washington, and I'll always give him credit for helping rid the old owner.

Β 

Ron deserves respect on the way out imho.

Β 

He understands the business side of things.

Β 

Ultimately he wasn't able to get the QB position right, and got exposed as a dinosaur coach that didn't adapt to the modern NFL.Β  All while GM'ing some of the worst draft classes in the league for a few years.Β 

After 4 years the roster is worse but ownership is much improved.

Β 

I call it a win.

Β 

Thanks Ron and god speed!

Β 

Β 

No offense, but SCREW Ron Rivera, and everyone in that brain-dead front office regime of his. Β I hope the dozens of Washington fans in the stands these next two weeks amongst the sea of 49ers fans and Cowboys fans chants β€œna-na-na-na, hey-hey-hey, GOODBYE! at that absolute clown Rivera and his whole coaching staff. Β They set us back something fierce with his stupid draft choices and signings. Β He deserves no respect or benefit of the doubt from any fans of this team.

Β 

Next Sunday should be a celebration of the great things to come next for this org, as we flush out the last few remnants of the Snyder regime, especially the largest turd of them all, Ron Rivera. Β In about 9-10 days, the rebirth of this organization back to relevancy is going to begin. Β It might be a long, bumpy road back to respectability, but there is light is at the end of this dark tunnel we’ve been stuck in for the last 25-30 years.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

His firing/release will probably go under reported because the Belichick departure is going to occupy the news cycle outside of the DMV.

Β 

Β 

BB will be the biggest story but that story will take a week or two to play out; before BB departs. Kraft is going to try to trade BB but will BB go along with that.

Β 

Ron should be the next firing though it’s possible other teams may fire their coach on the evening of the 7th.

20 minutes ago, samy316 said:

No offense, but SCREW Ron Rivera, and everyone in that brain-dead front office regime of his. Β I hope the dozens of Washington fans in the stands these next two weeks amongst the sea of 49ers fans and Cowboys fans chants β€œna-na-na-na, hey-hey-hey, GOODBYE! at that absolute clown Rivera and his whole coaching staff. Β They set us back something fierce with his stupid draft choices and signings. Β He deserves no respect or benefit of the doubt from any fans of this team.

Β 

Next Sunday should be a celebration of the great things to come next for this org, as we flush out the last few remnants of the Snyder regime, especially the largest turd of them all, Ron Rivera. Β In about 9-10 days, the rebirth of this organization back to relevancy is going to begin. Β It might be a long, bumpy road back to respectability, but there is light is at the end of this dark tunnel we’ve been stuck in for the last 25-30 years.

Β 

He turned out to be a very bad personnel evaluator. Like historically bad.

Β 

Yet, he won the biggest game of all: his own battle against cancer. Can't argue with that in the big picture.

Β 

Edited by El Mexican
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

Β 

Well... Sweat, anyway. Young shows up on the stat sheets about as often as he did here, if not less. Sweat was the one no one wanted to lose, but the deal was too good to pass.Β 

The guy from SF who was on with Keim said he's helped them in pass-rush situations quite a bit. But he's only playing on 50-60% of snaps in known passing situations.

Β 

He's clearly a shell of his former self due to the injury.Β  Which is just massively unfortunate.Β  That was a devastating injury.Β Β 

Β 

It's a pity the national media doesn't realize how devastating the injury was and the fact he's no longer who he was.Β Β 

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:
4 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Β 

The guy from SF who was on with Keim said he's helped them in pass-rush situations quite a bit.

Not sure it was the same guy, but on G&D they had a SF guy say something similar. Β But, it was under the guise of Bosa’s went from 3 to 10 sacks since he’s been there. Β Grant’s response was β€œwell wouldn’t Bosa get to 10 sacks anyways” and I have to agree.

Β 

The one thing Young has going for him there is nobody cares to talk to or about him because he’s surrounded by big time players, where as here - he was supposed to be the big time player.

• Like 1

The severity of his injury and being a shadow of himself will be a talking point before long. He can only go on being perceived as a β€œforce multiplier” for better players for so long before people start wondering where the production is. If he’s lucky he’ll have some well-timed sack/FF hot streak happen in the playoffs and ride that into a decent contract with someone in the offseason.Β 

4 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Β 

He turned out to be a very bad personnel evaluator. Like historically bad.

Β 

Yet, he won the biggest game of all: his own battle against cancer. Can't argue with that in the big picture.

Β 

Good post.Β  I feel bad for him because he was genuinely a good guy; coaching had just passed him by.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Β 

I will add that while Sweat was good here (not great) and is doing really well with Chicago, Preston Smith also had a quick spike in GreenBay before reverting back to his averages but also, we needed to get younger and got a good offer for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Well, he's obviously ranking them by what he thinks, not by percentage. Schottenheimer's pct is actually better than Gibbs'.

Also. Β He’s a lying, stealing, plagiarizing, know nothing, no sourced ass hat who hasn’t had an original thought since Bush (the first one) was President. Β  Β 
Β 

@ConnΒ he’s another guy to add to the list of people living rent free in my head. Β I am really am beyond hope. Β 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Haha 7

On 12/28/2023 at 11:43 PM, illone said:

Ron is a good person and well respected in NFL circles.

Β 

Β 

IMO, there’s only two types of respect: the Belichick/Reid/Kyle level of respect that most owners would give up the farm and first-born to acquire, then there’s the β€œrespect” where people just like you or know of you but wouldn’t give a drop of pi** for. Ron falls in the second category, and regardless of what Harris does in the next two weeks, I think the league and any HC/GM prospect can overcome their β€œrespect” for Ron and completely be understanding of Harris’s predicament.Β 

On 12/29/2023 at 7:41 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is a wild take.

Β 

He had nothing to do with Dan selling, in fact - he went out of his way to be complimentary of him on his way out the door.

Β 

I’ve never seen a coach dig their own grave like this guy. Β 

Β 

Just a different perspectiveΒ πŸ™‚

Β 

He definitely dug his own grave. Doesn't mean I need to set him on fire on the way out.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, illone said:

Just a different perspectiveΒ πŸ™‚

Β 

He definitely dug his own grave. Doesn't mean I need to set him on fire on the way out.

This appears to be the Harris Groups perspective as well...so far.

Β 

Besides, not only has he dug his own grave, he poured gas on himself and getting ready to light a match.

Β 

If we can come out of the next two weeks playing semi-respectfully, end out with a top 3 pick and not get any players hurt or embarrassed, that is a fine win for everyone involved other than Ron's crap record

• Like 1

At least with rons boring off seasons, we aren't saddled with bad contracts and no picks. Yes the cupboard might be bare, but at the very least the new fo and coach will have plenty of picks and cap space to build with. Here's to hope of a bright new future, a future of more professionalism and less sexual harassment.

Β 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1