Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I disagree with almost everything here.  

Firing Ron before training camp and not having a replacement is Snyder worthy stuff.  

Ron is, for whatever reason, respected in league circles.  

Being patient and practical might not endear him to emotional fans, but it’s 100% the right thing to do.  

Surprising few, I disagree with everything here.  

Its short sighted to think its impossible to find a replacement before camp. How about promoting Zampese. Name Darrel Green DB coach vs the high school guy. Let Kerrigan be DC. Nice marketing angles. Or F it and name EB interim head/OC and let him crash and burn which he is doing anyways.

What NFL head coach is not respected in league circles?  Seems like you were happy to commit the full season to be a pity party for Ron who stood to pocket 17M to get fired in June while I think actually doing him a favor and alleviating him of the unthinkable amount of stress coaching clearly is causing him while KNOWING he is a proverbial walking man dead. Harris making him slowly walk the plank for 7 months isn't showing respect, and it looks like the opposite at this point. Maybe you didn't see Ron stressed out at the podium yesterday.  Ron does not look well to me. Is watching him suffer the 100% best thing to do?

Being patient is not practical as the product which was actually marketable to start the year, now isn't. At all.  Holding onto to JDR is not the right thing to do. Is this also a pity party for Jack since he and RR are best buds?

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

I would prefer Ron were just gone, especially after his "I'm not going to answer that" response last night. But, I'd be more than ok with Harris telling Ron that JDR is done and he needs to coach the Defense since that's his "strength". It's petty. But after a season where they didn't really work to make improvements it seems. I'd like Ron to have a fuller plate and to actually call the Defense during the games. I think he's terrified that he'd do even worse. 

“TRUST THE PROCESS”

We’ll tank this year, get as good of of a pick as we can, hire a REAL GM, and let him hire his HC ….. and I for one am so excited to have this structure. 

Everyone calling for Ron to be fired now - why? There’s absolutely no reason other than emotional feelings. If we hire someone else mid year, and improve, we get a worse pick and still dont make the playoffs. 

trust the process

3 minutes ago, brewbrew2323 said:

Everyone calling for Ron to be fired now - why?

Frustration and embarrassment.  I have certainly felt that way since the Bears game, but really there is no point in doing anything but letting this play out in all its ugliness.  There is nothing left to salvage this season. 

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

RR is a super nice guy and cares for other but HC and NFL F.O. is not his forte.  No hate for him or at him but its time. 

Let Ron finish what he started....hopefully Harris is using his time trying to find a young, smart and energetic coach.

Dan Quinn would be my #1 option as coach.  He has shown that he can put together a great staff and if he could bring Al Harris with him then that would be icing on the cake.  Quinn is my #1 guy.

• Confused 1

Just now, Dexter said:

Let Ron finish what he started....hopefully Harris is using his time trying to find a young, smart and energetic coach.

Dan Quinn would be my #1 option as coach.  He has shown that he can put together a great staff and if he could bring Al Harris with him then that would be icing on the cake.  Quinn is my #1 guy.

I'm always for hiring the best of the best, but one thing that gets brought up a lot in terms of the disadvantage in hiring a non-OC for head coach is if you land on a QB and that offense is always good, then the OC's will always be up for head coaching jobs and leaving. If I had my way and stars aligned, hiring an offensive-minded, QB teaching OC as the next head coach would be great, but again I'm down for whatever the new GM sees fit to do and then judge the results after

3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Hell no to Quinn that guy is just a coordinator and not HC material 

1 minute ago, Capsman said:

That was way way too late for Ron.  Waiting until the season is already flushed away, smh. JDR was an absolutely awful coordinator whose defenses looked like they had never seen anything on film. 

Ron isn't exactly known for being swift with making adjustments.