Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

When there's no one left to throw under the bus, he'll probably point blame on Dan Snyder. "Well, the organization's changed in the last year, certainly the last 2 years. We've gotten more support from decision makers and the air's not as heavy as it used to be. People can be themselves and make things happen, do their jobs. All of this happened over the last season, and we're still trying to figure things out. It takes time. I think everyone is committed to Sam now, more so this year than before, and that's a testament to the change. It's not just Sam, we're seeing other players emerge now but it's a delicate process and we just got to stay consistent."

Edited by BurgundyBooger

I’m not sure what people expect Ron to say during these pressers. He knows he’s a dead man walking. Not sure why people get so stirred up about it.

He’s failed plenty on the field this year to lose his job. And he inevitably will. I guess if Keim is hearing he might get canned after a Dallas blowout…it’s a possibility. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I’m not sure what people expect Ron to say during these pressers. He knows he’s a dead man walking. Not sure why people get so stirred up about it.

As an example, it’s Sean Payton’s first year with the Broncos and when they were getting whipped early on, you could see the toll it took on him.  You could see how much he cared, he shared how embarrassing it was to perform like that, etc.

I’m not sure what Ron has made more of in Washington, money or excuses.  He appears to have not a care in the world during and after these embarrassing losses, even before he was a dead man walking.  

I don’t expect him to sit up there and trash everyone, but have some self respect and be accountable - he’s been in charge of the entire operation that led to this ****show.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What is unfortunate for him, though, is I don't thin he has a trusted, experienced lieutenant on the staff that can help point out trends.  For example, "Hey, stop running the draw on 2nd and 10. You've done it 100% of the time."

Which, oddly, I bet is exactly his role when he was in KC.  But he doesn't have that guy. 

It's always nice to have a sounding board.  I think EB has to do everything entirely on his own.  Partly his fault for not making sure he had that guy on the staff.

I mentioned that 2 weeks ago…. and Im pretty sure you and another member countered it. 🙂

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As an example, it’s Sean Payton’s first year with the Broncos and when they were getting whipped early on, you could see the toll it took on him.  You could see how much he cared, he shared how embarrassing it was to perform like that, etc.

I’m not sure what Ron has made more of in Washington, money or excuses.  He appears to have not a care in the world during and after these embarrassing losses, even before he was a dead man walking.  

I don’t expect him to sit up there and trash everyone, but have some self respect and be accountable - he’s been in charge of the entire operation that led to this ****show.

For a guy that claims to have changed/improved the culture… he sure does a lot of finger pointing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

He’s failed plenty on the field this year to lose his job. And he inevitably will. I guess if Keim is hearing he might get canned after a Dallas blowout…it’s a possibility. 

Dare we root for a Dallas blowout on Thursday 

17 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I mentioned that 2 weeks ago…. and Im pretty sure you and another member countered it. 🙂

For a guy that claims to have changed/improved the culture… he sure does a lot of finger pointing.

As Brian Mitchell astutely put it: What exactly has Ron Rivera changed?

We are still making the same mistakes we were four years ago.  Rivera hasn't changed squat.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Never...

It can happen without hoping it will.

Like folks have said, he's gone regardless, even winning won't save his job after getting swept by the Giants.

This was supposed to be a house money season, we all win regardless...if he fails, we get someone better.

This is like the slowest death possible, though.

• Haha 2

I'm against firing anyone mid-season. I don't want a turnaround under an interim coach; if we're going to fail the rest of the way, I'd rather just leave the current staff in place and continue sucking under them. There's no upside to firing anyone now; just wait until the end of the season, and let our draft position continue to improve as the losses pile up.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Rivera basically hinged this whole season on Sam and Bieniemy saving his job and he neglected the to do anything address anything else.  Yeah, he chose 2 DBs with his first two draft picks and they've been totally clueless.  A complete failure of coaching and accountability has us where we are.  It's Thanksgiving week, but January can't come fast enough

probably because the coaches suck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I want a Cowboy blowout. I'll be rooting for it. 

When you love something, sometimes you need to destroy it to rebuild it.

It's like putting down your beloved pet, it hurts like hell but it's what's best for everyone lol....  I know a lot of people don't want to see a mid season firing but if we get embarrassed by Dallas in front of the entire world then he needs to be gone Friday morning.  Give us that head start on the new GM and get ahead on the coaching search.

9 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I am not rooting for a blowout but a close loss.  From what I've gathered, a blow out, that's the best shot for Ron to be canned in season.  For me, at this point, Ron's bad coaching is what we need to finish off the season.  I want a top 5 pick, he's our best shot.  An interim coach, usually gets an artifical bounce one win.  i don't want that win.

I know you've not liked Ron forever.  If I felt that way, I'd want him to end this miserably versus putting him out of his misery.

The other thing is i want to be rid of this coaching staff.  A Ron firing gives a chance for a Ron spinoff coaching team next year.  i want a clean break from it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think this team is at risk of turning anything around due to a coaching change.  The cupboard is bare, which is  contributing factor to their 4-7 record to begin with.

I don't think for example Bieiniemy is a good coach from what I've seen.  But I think the dude's emotion is enough to awaken the team for a game.  Rivera is so drab that it feels like it rubbed off on this team.  I don't think they'd go on a run with Bieineimy but I think they could perhaps win 2 and with Ron its 1 at best.

I am not down on this roster.  I think it can be fixed fast.  Part of the reason why I, @Koolblue13 among others turned from Ron fans to critics is that this off season accomplished nothing.  They had in our opinion a mediocre roster that could have turned to good with a good off season.  But alas it didn't happen. 

The Lions and us had just about the same record last year.  Now they might be the best team in the NFL and we suck.  Shows what one good off season to build a team along with good coaching can do. 

It's sort like running a mile and Ron was running at an average pace and the expecation is the last lap, he'd pick it up and go for the win.  Instead he took his pace down a peg on the last lap.  It was beyond bizzare.  The Lions did the reverse, they stepped it up.  The kicker is Ron is really defiant about all of it, too -- that's part of what makes the ride insufferable.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Agree.  Finger pointing and excuses from Ron.  For a dude that runs the whole organization, its wild that the buck doesn't stop with him.

For years, including yesterday he has blamed much on youthful mistakes and the arrogance of youth.  Even running with that script.  If he truly believes that's the issue and its always pointed at new players every year -- then either he's bad at drafting considering he's the one getting all these dudes who don't get it or he doesn't coach them up well.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Die Hard said:

He did change the culture and deserves all the recognition he has received...or he points out.

That culture however is tunring against him do to many poor personnel and coaching decisions along with the way he has given up through this off season and especially the last 5 or 6 weeks. 

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Lions and us had just about the same record last year.  Now they might be the best team in the NFL and we suck.  Shows what one good off season to build a team along with good coaching can do.

Add to that the Texans and the Giants last year, also. I think the Giants are in better shape than they seem right now--they are decimated by injuries.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Add to that the Texans and the Giants last year, also. I think the Giants are in better shape than they seem right now--they are decimated by injuries.

Yep Giants actually won a playoff game last year.  they have had an odd year this year, their draft class and FA class has helped.  But their injuries have been insane.

Texas climbed fast, true.

The Eagles go from 4-11, to the playoffs next season and a SB appearance the season after

We are conditioned to think rebuilds take forever.  But you can do it fast if you amass some assets (which we did) and work with them smartly.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

If I were Harris i'd remove Del Taco from is current job and demote him to waterboy; make his sorry ass run out on the field every commercial, every break, and for once do something that actually helps the team, just for the sheer embarrassment and enjoyment purposes.

Then cover his toilet paper with itching powder for good measure; see him walking around with brown fingers...

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

All one needs to do to dispel that is look at the 2020 standings and compare them to now.

Agree.

I think part of the conditioning with this fan base is ironically because of the losing we've done.  We've had coaches try to sell us that it takes forever to help sell us to endure the losing for years -- that better times are coming later.

Ron did the same -- now its moving into wacky territory with him where it seems like he's trying to sell that the pieces of the chess board and the process means more than winning the chess game.