Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Jacksonville

TK
Message added by TK,

923125569_ScreenShot2022-09-11at4_24_32PM.thumb.png.6b22cff457e7a198dfe87f0908b441ea.png

That was an exciting game. Wentz can make all the throws. If he can work on those bad interceptions he could be a long term solution.

Defense is still terrible. Especially the secondary. The walk to FedEx Field…..still terrible.😑

• Like 1

We'll have a tough game next week, the Eagles barely escaped with a win.   Lots of close games across the league in week 1, a win is a win so putting them away earlier would have been great but I'm not even sure this offense knows what they are capable of doing yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Watching the end of these games, that's why you want to go for a TD. FG kicking is just too shaky. So many misses late today.

yes I loved that Rivera said Wentz had an option there and he made a great read, trusted his guy, and went aggressive. Put it on his own shoulders and made the right call and throw

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I don’t think so. I think Scott has evolved the offense spreading the ball around, having more “gadget plays” and trying to score more points. BRob will still be the primary ball carrier but maybe 15 carries a game. 

No way Norvs kid has a weapon like BRob and only runs him 15 times a game.

They obviously didn't want to put Gibby into the RB1 role today and they made a game plan to be creative around it. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

By the way, the plays Antonio made today should have been what he was doing his first couple years. His hands on that long crosser was great. He is not an in between 25 carry running back. If Samuels gets dinged up, I could see Antonio replacing him and hopefully a healthy BRob. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'd like to see a more traditional running attack and less WRs running it.  And less of Wentz out there slinging it 40+ times.  42 dropbacks, only 22 called runs, and only 17 went to RBs.

I dont expect that since they didnt get Wentz and all these weapons to not throw it all over the yard, but Wentz and my blood pressure aren't a good combination.  lol

them playing conservative in the middle of the game is the only reason the Jags were in this. Let Wentz rip it, live the mistakes. It’s 2022

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I don’t think so. I think Scott has evolved the offense spreading the ball around, having more “gadget plays” and trying to score more points. BRob will still be the primary ball carrier but maybe 15 carries a game. 

IMO It was not a coincidence we went pass happy and won. A few smarter plays from Wentz, a few less over throws and the game likely didn't come down to the final drive. Stay pass happy to setup the run. Running hoping its effective enough to start to try play action is dated.... you don't even need to run to setup play action. You just need a good QB at selling the fake handoff.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No way Norvs kid has a weapon like BRob and only runs him 15 times a game.

They obviously didn't want to put Gibby into the RB1 role today and they made a game plan to be creative around it. 

Wentz had the best running back in football last year. Only relying on BRob to carry the ball is a FAILED OFFENSE!

• Like 1

Just now, skinsfan93 said:

Wentz had the best running back in football last year. Only relying on BRob to carry the ball is a FAILED OFFENSE!

I didn't say "only rely on". I said we don't have to be super creative like today and can run it. I'm sure you noticed the lack of runs in between the tackles that is a staple of every single coaches playbook.

Fun fact for the Wentz doesn't check down crowd, his RB was the taget of 30% of his passes last year.

We won, so I won't nitpick:

1. Obviously, don't throw that pick. The first one was the exact same two he threw against us in 2020, the second was just inexcusable.

2. Penalties on both sides of the ball, tighten it up.

3. Mushrooms and football is a weird combo, make sure your team is good if you're going to do it.

4. I mentioned drops in preseason, but I'm seeing drops all over the league. Lets call it week one jitters.

On a side note, this team has always been a slow starter. I was hoping we could play a full 60 minutes of football. We can do about 45 minutes, that lull in the second and third quarter will kill us against a better team.

Overall: I give this team a B.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

By the way, the plays Antonio made today should have been what he was doing his first couple years. His hands on that long crosser was great. He is not an in between 25 carry running back. If Samuels gets dinged up, I could see Antonio replacing him and hopefully a healthy BRob. 

Accounting for Gibby, Samuels and McKissic is pretty cool to have.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They looked so crisp and professional in scoring 20 points in a tie against freaking Houston lolol

God Matt Ryan just felt so bad for Houston that he only gave 5% effort. If he had played at 100% he would have had 7 TDs, 0 INTs, and completed 103% of his passes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I said earlier that we need a commanding win and Jabbers yelled at me.

Well, we did it and he can suck it. Suck it @Jabbyrwock

Hmm...I wouldn't call a 6 point win against a team that won 3 games last year "commanding".

They should blow put the Lions next week, but they will likely jus beat them, which is still a win...