Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Jacksonville

TK
Message added by TK,

923125569_ScreenShot2022-09-11at4_24_32PM.thumb.png.6b22cff457e7a198dfe87f0908b441ea.png

Just now, method man said:

There were several plays where Davis was covering wide receivers

Yeah, but he only really got burned on that one

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

OK experts why was our DL night and day from a year ago. 1 gap vs 2 gap?  Or was the Jags OL just worse than any OL we saw last year. JDR give up after no one listened to him and now its Sapp's call?

We blitzed a lot like late last year and our DTs are incredible.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

OK experts why was our DL night and day from a year ago. 1 gap vs 2 gap?  Or was the Jags OL just worse than any OL we saw last year. JDR give up after no one listened to him and now its Sapp's call?

The whole Kerrigan mantra about staying in your lanes and rushing like one unit was  really evident today. We had a lot of pressure right up the middle with lots of stunts from the ends. It didn’t allow Trevor to step up in the pocket. If he scrambled he went to the outside.

Also Payne played really well today. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, but he only really got burned on that one

We blitzed a lot like late last year and our DTs are incredible.

Yeah I should have been more clear. When I said "a year ago" I mean 12 months ago Sept 2021. End of year things had changed. Our DL was doing nothing more than occupying blockers for the first ~10 weeks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Yeah I should have been more clear. When I said "a year ago" I mean 12 months ago Sept 2021. End of year things had changed. Our DL was doing nothing more than occupying blockers for the first ~10 weeks

Our whole famed and feared Dline is a joke. Daniel Wise is a better pass rusher than Sweat. Our DTs are great though.

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

There was a big play early in the game on a slant vs St Juste where Davis looked frozen. Not sure what the hell he was doing on that one. I think that's what really had me on his case.

I don't not believe you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Getting an LB matched up to a WR?  That is a big reason why offensive coordinators exist.

Looking at how god awful our run offense was, I hope our dink and dunk passing game was simply an attempt to get past what wasn't working.  You want to go deep ball a lot with a Coryell type system, you probably want to be a good power runner so you play pitch and catch on second and third level passes.

• Like 1

For those curious - 

Stat lines for Matt Ryan vs Carson Wentz - It should also be mentioned Ryan tied 20 - 20 and had Jonathan Taylor run for 161 yds. Commanders had a total of 85 yds if I added correctly (Gibson led with 58), oh and Wentz won! 🙂  

image.png.72f7357293b1f2c6c025778294080303.png

image.png.a0724b17fc554608f0e50076797311dd.png

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Sorry but there were a few plays in those highlights where Jamin looks completely lost covering no one. All the talk about his improvements in the offseason don’t seem legit. I think he is certainly looking like a bust. Damn shame

Also I dont see improvement in St Juste. He also looks a little lost out there like last year. i hope Percy or one of the new young corners develop quickly and can push St Juste. 

With Jamin we really don’t have a plan B do we?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Sorry but there were a few plays in those highlights where Jamin looks completely lost covering no one. All the talk about his improvements in the offseason don’t seem legit. I think he is certainly looking like a bust. Damn shame

Also I dont see improvement in St Juste. He also looks a little lost out there like last year. i hope Percy or one of the new young corners develop quickly and can push St Juste. 

Agree. Davis looks to be playing with no instinct and St. Juste is average at best in coverage. With the exception of safety play the back seven is going to be a liability this season.

• Thumb up 1

I was admittedly bouncing all around today on the channels while also trying to create a PowerPoint for class tomorrow, but I saw both Dotson TDs!  The readjustment on the second one was pretty impressive.  Saw some bad throws from Wentz, but also a dime to Terry.  I see Samuel had a TD, that's nice.  Also a fumble.

Defense made plays when they had to, I saw them have a fairly big sack toward the end.  From what little I saw I agree with others in that most of the pressure seemed to be coming up the middle.

27 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

St Juste seems to have struggled but its only 1 game and still JDR asking him to do we don't know. He actually far exceeded my expectations last year so I give him a pass for today. no pun intended

I think plan B for Jamin was going 4-2-5 more. I assume is already on teams - maybe his upside is Monte Coleman.

Edited by RandyHolt

18 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Dude got worked over all day in coverage. 

He was easily beat on what should have been a td by Etienne. Lawrence missed him on a wheel route in the end zone. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Doubtful. Coleman was actually good in coverage.

Welp seeing him failing covering a WR means if they actually get him on a TE or back maybe he can be Monte. I don't ever recall a Skins LB covering a WR multiples times in a game... ever.   We cannot fault him for failing to cover Kirk. JDR put him in a position to fail.

Edited by RandyHolt