Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Jacksonville

TK
Message added by TK,

923125569_ScreenShot2022-09-11at4_24_32PM.thumb.png.6b22cff457e7a198dfe87f0908b441ea.png

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Allen was in the locker room and its being implied that he is fine

I was watching the post game show on YouTube and one shot showed Jonathan walking off the field after the last snap. He didn’t have a happy look on his face but he always looks angry all the time. 🤣

I think if it was serious he would have already been in the locker room for treatment. 

• TK unpinned this topic
23 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I was wondering the same thing.  Any word on Johnathan Allen as well?

Finley saw him in the locker room cutting up and thinks he'll be fine.  Meanwhile, Allen posted on Twitter  'God be the glory' which everyone is assuming he'll be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, Conn said:

them playing conservative in the middle of the game is the only reason the Jags were in this. Let Wentz rip it, live the mistakes. It’s 2022

Wentz turning it over twice is why they were in it. 

First drive coming out of the half, 5 plays and a punt, 4 were passes, the only first down was an 11 yard Gibson run.  Jags score.

Second drive after half, 5 plays and a punt, 4 were called passes, the only first down again was a Gibson run.  Jags score.

Third drive, 5 plays and an interception.  Only first down again was a Gibson run (I detect a theme).  Jags score.

Fourth drive, another interception on the first play.  Jags score.

The Jags went from down 11 to up 8 in that sequence overwhelming full of passes, but the handful of successful runs was the problem?  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

First drive coming out of the half, 5 plays and a punt, 4 were passes, the only first down was an 11 yard Gibson run.  Jags score.

Second drive after half, 5 plays and a punt, 4 were called passes, the only first down again was a Gibson run.  Jags score.

Third drive, 5 plays and an interception.  Only first down again was a Gibson run (I detect a theme).  Jags score.

The Jags went from down 11 to up 8 in that sequence overwhelming full of passes, but the handful of successful runs was the problem?  lol

Yes because if you actually watched the playcalls in that period of the game, they were almost all conservative passes within ten yards of the LOS which allowed the Jags to creep closer and closer, condensing things and creating traffic instead of open receivers. All I’m talking about is spreading things out and going downfield like we successfully did later in the game—the amount we ran I was fine with, I wasn’t advocating for running less lol. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Conn said:

Yes because if you actually watched the playcalls in that period of the game, they were almost all conservative passes within ten yards of the LOS which allowed the Jags to creep closer and closer, condensing things and creating traffic instead of open receivers. All I’m talking about is spreading things out and going downfield like we successfully did later in the game......

Totally agree.......I HATED the play calling during that period of the game....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

The issue were the types of passes called.

• Like 1

Lawrence missed some sure TD's for them and another one was dropped inside the 5 yard line or this could easily have been a loss...It's only week one and it's a win but the defense needs a LOT of work from what I saw. The secondary looks vulnerable and the pass rush was average until the 4th quarter. Kudos to Gibby and the WR's as a group. Very proud of AG for running tough and playing a great overall game. Great win for the team, the offense and the fans but hopefully Wentz and the defense clean some things up. Jax is one of the weaker teams in the league and we took care of business....We're on to Detroit.

• Like 2

Lot of game balls could be given out by Gibson kind of stuck out to me. In the dog house with the fumbles losing his starting job to BRob who looked so much more polished - he kicked ass today and looked crisp in his runs/reads and was a beast catching the ball. He has 21 TDs his first 2 years most ever for a Commando which is nothing to scoff at doing at a new position. 14 for 58 and 7 for 72 0 fums

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 6

Daron Payne is a key cog in a weak D. We need to sign him. Sweat, WJIII and Fuller needs to step up. Jamin needs to show he can play.

It was a great opening game for the Commanders and reading the 103 pages of the game thread was pure comedy, from the euphoria of the first 2 TDs to the firing of Ron and benching of Wentz in the 3rd quarter and then finishing it off by blaming the Wentz experience for all the negativity that was said earlier. Can't wait for the Lions game thread.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Dallas looked terrible with Dak anyways, but we know they’re a threat to us regardless. With this, the division is truly wide open. Cowboys are dead in the water for half the season if this is true. Eagles are obviously the team to beat, but we can really take advantage 

E76AD9CD-9A6B-4811-8D2F-537B78524F93.jpeg

Edited by Conn

2 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

I wouldn't say that's the only way to measure improvement. Teams are so different from year to year. It is a shame for people to get injured unfortunate part of the game.

Playing Cooper Rush instead of Dak Prescott is far far easier, I’d prefer to play Dak and have an honest assessment of where we are at

1 hour ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Playing Cooper Rush instead of Dak Prescott is far far easier, I’d prefer to play Dak and have an honest assessment of where we are at

Injuries are part of the game.

When your division opponent is down ; you sieze on the opportunity. This is a franchise where playoffs is rare.  Our last appearances were due to division collapsing. 

Will worry about how we stand up later.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Injuries are part of the game.

When your division opponent is down ; you sieze on the opportunity. This is a franchise where playoffs is rare.  Our last appearances were due to division collapsing. 

Will worry about how we stand up later.

No doubt, but I think it would mean that much more if we did it against the best available rather than having two play off appearances in recent years because the best QB’s we would face are injured

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Well, the cowboys aren't the class of the division. That's the Birds. The Giants looked much better than I thought they would and that's more of a concern now than the cowboys. 

Cowboys let themselves get old in important positions and they are paying for that and I find it funny.

The one thing I am jealous about Dallas is Micah Parsons looks like an elite player -- future Hall of Famer if he keeps on this track.  I loved Chase Young at Ohio State and he had a good rookie year but overall he hasn't been a game wrecker yet.  Micah is special.  If Chase Young ends up 80% the player Micah is, I'll be happy. 

Yeah the Giants even when they are bad give us trouble.  I watched much of that game.  Daniel Jones was uneven.  But Barkley was on fire.  Their defense was decent.  We love our D lineman especially the interior but their interior is close to being just as good as ours.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Well, the cowboys aren't the class of the division. That's the Birds. The Giants looked much better than I thought they would and that's more of a concern now than the cowboys. 

Cowboys let themselves get old in important positions and they are paying for that and I find it funny.

Eagles put up 38 against Detroit but also allowed 35. Detroit offense good or is the Eagles D not as good as advertised?

Early days and cant take too much from game 1, but interested in your thoughts?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Eagles put up 38 against Detroit but also allowed 35. Detroit offense good or is the Eagles D not as good as advertised?

Early days and cant take too much from game 1, but interested in your thoughts?

Week one crazy **** happens to everyone. The first quarter of the season is just a wild ride, that you just need to come out of ahead with the wins. 

Are the Bears good or do the 9ers suddenly suck?