Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Jacksonville

TK
Message added by TK,

923125569_ScreenShot2022-09-11at4_24_32PM.thumb.png.6b22cff457e7a198dfe87f0908b441ea.png

2 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Happy with the win, but not impressed with several aspects of our overall performance. Our D is going to get torched when they face a seasoned franchise QB. And Carson won't always recover after making boneheaded plays. 

Everyone get's torched by season franchise QBs.   Every game is it's own entity.  Enjoy the win and keep in moving...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Doc Walker mad as hell.  I love it!!   Nobody likes fighting hard against the Jaguars.

Okay but that's the NFL. The Colts only tied the Texans. The Eagles beat the Lions by 3. The Bengals and Steelers are in OT. Most games are close unless you have an absolute dog doo doo team like the Jets against a powerhouse like the Ravens.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Cooleyfan you said who was the QB that threw 4 TD in a game? I know on the broadcast they said Kilmer had 4 on the opener but that is still in a game so really covers both statements. 

Yeah, I wasn’t talking about opening game, just last QB to throw 4 TDs in general. 

The meltdown happened too soon!

Happy to be 1-0 headed to Detroit.  Wentz was up and down but ultimately he was quite good and turned it around big time on those final two drives.

Dotson has done more in one game than our last 1st round Dotson receiver did his entire career. 

Defense was ok at best, but we did pressure well at times. 

Good win to build on.  Lets go!!!

Edited by Veretta83
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Nice to get a win in the first game of the season.

Worried some about the defense. They made plays when they had to, but also kept Jacksonville in the game.

Wentz was Wentz. His Jekyll/Hyde performances are heart rendering, but he was more Jekyll than Hyde today. Those turnovers need to stop.

A win is a win, though. :815:

Onto Detroit.

• Like 2

I'd like to see a more traditional running attack and less WRs running it.  And less of Wentz out there slinging it 40+ times.  42 dropbacks, only 22 called runs, and only 17 went to RBs.

I dont expect that since they didnt get Wentz and all these weapons to not throw it all over the yard, but Wentz and my blood pressure aren't a good combination.  lol

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Didn't you expect us to lose badly and come out flat?

Has literally any prediction you have made come true?  

I mean, if you keep predicting bad things, one will eventually happen. 

Never. I learned it in the playoffs last year that anything 88-2000 says, the exact opposite will actually happen. I saw it happen dozens of times consecutively and I've never seen it fail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'd like to see a more traditional running attack and less WRs running it.  And less of Wentz out there slinging it 40+ times.  42 dropbacks, only 22 called runs, and only 17 went to RBs.

I dont expect that since they didnt get Wentz and all these weapons to not throw it all over the yard, but Wentz and my blood pressure aren't a good combination.  lol

When BRob is back, we'll run the **** out of the ball

I'm so disappointed in Bates today. That was the turning point. I thought he was the second coming of Etrz and Kelce and he dropped his one ball.

• Like 3

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

When BRob is back, we'll run the **** out of the ball

I don’t think so. I think Scott has evolved the offense spreading the ball around, having more “gadget plays” and trying to score more points. BRob will still be the primary ball carrier but maybe 15 carries a game. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1